OT - NO POLITICS Trick or Treat, Foliage, and possibly Snow Oh NO!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
yes.
And I love it. It truly changed my life. No joke.

If you get tired of washing out hose, mask, and water chamber I suggest you also look at a SoClean machine. (A month or so after you decide yes I love my cpap). You need to pay out of pocket but eliminates daily or weekly cleaning. Now I clean hose and reservoir once a month. Change out my mask and filter monthly.
My sister just got her SoClean for I believe ~ $250-

SoClean 2 Automatic CPAP Cleaner Sanitizer + Tubing Adapter
I have a SoClean already, hooked up to my ancient machine.

Do you use the app for the Air Sense?

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
The whole "it's not the heat it's the humidity" thing may be a meme but it's actually true. In California it's in the 80s-90s all summer but in the end I'm less uncomfortable than on a 75 degree day in New England where you're swimming in your own sweat as mosquitos feast on you. But I do miss the variety of weather in New England, especially the fall. In a perfect world I could stay there in the fall and spring and come out here for winter and summer.

The thing I can't take out here is the sun. I go through so much sunscreen, wear a big hat, and have sunglasses on all the time or I might get burnt to a crisp because there's no sun cover anywhere.
My daughter has lived in Calif for 15 years. When she first moved there she thought everything about it was better.

Her second year there she came home and we spent a week at a Summer cottage on Ossipee Lake. We had a thunder/ rain storm. We sat on the screened in porch overlooking the lake drinking iced tea and playing cards. She said she missed the rain and thunder storms. She missed the smell of the rain.

It can be pretty where she lives but very dry in the Summer and the Fall is no where near as pretty as here.

I always tell her that blizzards are not as scary as fires. The air can be pretty bad from the fires.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I have a SoClean already, hooked up to my ancient machine.

Do you use the app for the Air Sense?

yes. Its very user friendly. And I dont know crap about such things
Have it on my ipad and Iphone.

You made need to order the specific resevoir cover for your airSense. Its machine specific.

AirSense 10, AirStart 10 & AirCurve 10 Tubing Adapter for SoClean Sanitizers

they dont include the rubber gasket. You need to take it off the air sense and put it on this new cover if you dont have the right cover.

very, very smple.

Reactions: Bruinaura

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
My daughter has lived in Calif for 15 years. When she first moved there she thought everything about it was better.

Her second year there she came home and we spent a week at a Summer cottage on Ossipee Lake. We had a thunder/ rain storm. We sat on the screened in porch overlooking the lake drinking iced tea and playing cards. She said she missed the rain and thunder storms. She missed the smell of the rain.

It can be pretty where she lives but very dry in the Summer and the Fall is no where near as pretty as here.

I always tell her that blizzards are not as scary as fires.

I miss the rain, a lot. Nothing is better than one of those heavy downpour days IMO. So relaxing.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I miss the rain, a lot. Nothing is better than one of those heavy downpour days IMO. So relaxing.
She loves when it rains when she is visiting.

When we go out for our yearly schooner trip she loves the thunder storms.

She even admits to liking the snow at Christmas. She is always here (except last year/ COVID).

She still loves Boston. when she first moved she bought a 10 pack for the Sharks. The seats were in the balcony. I asked her how she liked her seats and she told me the players looked like ants. She was used to sitting where I sit now.

Reactions: Ludwig Fell Down

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
California sucks. Beaches and In N Out are the only good things.

There's a lot about California that I don't like, but I'm stuck here for the foreseeable future.

I haven't had In-N-Out in over a year. It's good, but a bit overrated. I prefer Five Guys actually. The real issue is that the lines are always so long that it's not really worth going most of the time.

Now Del Taco, that's my shit right there. I would greatly miss that if I went back east.

WestCoastBruinsFan

Oct 30, 2008
Victoria, BC
I still like the summers but am getting tired of the constant rain and overcast skies in the winter on the West Coast (Canada). We are going to start spending anywhere from five weeks to six months in Japan very soon during that time. It all depends on how much we enjoy it there. I have looked at many different places to spend time in the Winter but seeing as how we have a place to stay in Japan, that has probably decided it for us. At least for now. Colombia still looks interesting though. Now the food in Japan just cannot be beat. It is tasty, healthy and moderately cheap.

Reactions: Gordoff

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
upload_2021-10-15_16-42-28.png

tumblr_llj3wzUlKf1qgbidvo1_500.gif

Reactions: BMC

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I'm having a girls weekend and just checked into the AirBnB. The wifi network is Humboldt and the password is Broncos and some numbers.

Wonder if the owners of the house have a connection to the team somehow....

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
There's a lot about California that I don't like, but I'm stuck here for the foreseeable future.

I haven't had In-N-Out in over a year. It's good, but a bit overrated. I prefer Five Guys actually. The real issue is that the lines are always so long that it's not really worth going most of the time.

Now Del Taco, that's my shit right there. I would greatly miss that if I went back east.

5 Guys used to upset my stomach. Last time it didnt. In N Out is my shit.

Just had fat burger with my girl awhile ago and theyre always good as is Mr. Beast Burger.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I hate heat & humidity more than ever since I went down with heat exhaustion & dehydration in August. I thought I was doing everything right, hydrating & taking regular breaks, but it wasn't enough. Ended up in the ER hooked up to an IV, went through 2 bags of saline solution. Turns out I had depleted all the salt in my body.

Anyhow, I hate heat & humidity. It just sucks the life right out of you.

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
She loves when it rains when she is visiting.

When we go out for our yearly schooner trip she loves the thunder storms.

She even admits to liking the snow at Christmas. She is always here (except last year/ COVID).

She still loves Boston. when she first moved she bought a 10 pack for the Sharks. The seats were in the balcony. I asked her how she liked her seats and she told me the players looked like ants. She was used to sitting where I sit now.
My autistic son is terrified of thunderstorms. There has been so much rain this summer that he has been a ball of stress. Every night at dusk he starts his "rain all done rain all done" chant. I said to the missus that we should pack up and move to San Diego. Never gonna happen, he would miss his extended family too much. But a couple of weeks of cloudless skies would sure come in handy.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Watched this last night with my girl. Needless to say it was shit. So bad. I read the plot beforehand because I knew it was gonna suck. Movie is silly. At first she said dont ruin my movie until we couldn’t figure out if it was horror or comedy
D6D949AD-EBAC-402D-B883-B5B6B161D28A.jpeg

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
yes.
And I love it. It truly changed my life. No joke.

If you get tired of washing out hose, mask, and water chamber I suggest you also look at a SoClean machine. (A month or so after you decide yes I love my cpap). You need to pay out of pocket but eliminates daily or weekly cleaning. Now I clean hose and reservoir once a month. Change out my mask and filter monthly.
My sister just got her SoClean for I believe ~ $250-

SoClean 2 Automatic CPAP Cleaner Sanitizer + Tubing Adapter

I'm a fellow CPAP user. If you research ozone cleaners and look at some apnea forums like Cpap Talk or Apnea Board there is strong evidence that ozone cleaners really don't clean the gunk off of hoses and machines like a quick manual scrubbing does. Even if you are happy with Soclean and believe that it works it is worth researching wha the industry opinion is on these cleaners. I clean my nose pad and water chamber every day (takes me not even 5 minutes to do) and once a week I soak and clean the hose and mask assembly in some sudsy water.

The ozone used by SoClean is known to actually damage the machines, to the point that manufacturers like Resmed updated their warranty coverage to exclude any damage caused by ozone exposure.
Product warranty information

Philips Respironics machines are under a massive Federal recall because of a break down of the foam insulation ued in the machine. They suspect that ozone exposure contributes to the foam break down.

This is not meant to crap on using the SoClean if you are happy with it but more for information purposes if you are interested in reading up on it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad