OT - NO POLITICS Trick or Treat, Foliage, and possibly Snow Oh NO!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
And that is the fundamental problem. For most people Win11 will be with a new PC only that has it already set up.
I VERY reluctantly switched to a Mac, 9 years ago. Still have my original computer and it runs as good as it did on the first day, with about 5-6 OS upgrades over that period of time. The only thing I've done to hit is increase the RAM, which was incredibly easy to do...

Wife is a professional photographer and she converted to a MacBook about 5 years ago. Absolutely no regrets.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
LOL. What's your definition of hot?
80 plus if humid. Even if it is dry I don't love the heat. It is nice out now...in the 70s. It is too warm for October though. Sept through Dec I love best.

I really love New England. Maybe because it has always been home for me. I like the ocean so I would never want to be too far .

There are other reasons than the weather that would keep me from moving some places.

Reactions: HooperDrivesTheBoat

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I play hockey on Thursday nights. I want to sleep in the rink so bad. The rink in Worcester the temp has to be like 20 degrees in there. Its so nice. Ice is excellent.
You'd probably enjoy this guy's channel. If anybody could figure out a way for you to sleep in the rink, he could. :laugh:

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
80 plus if humid. Even if it is dry I don't love the heat. It is nice out now...in the 70s. It is too warm for October though. Sept through Dec I love best.

I really love New England. Maybe because it has always been home for me. I like the ocean so I would never want to be too far .

There are other reasons than the weather that would keep me from moving some places.
Fair enough. To each their own. As long as you are happy where you are, then that's all that matters.

I've lived and worked all over the US, as well as Canada in my adult life, and for me, I think its one of the best experiences I've ever had.

Wisconsin, Texas, Florida, California, Rhode Island, Southern Virginia, Florida (again), Northern Virginia, Georgia, Illinois.

Living in all of these places has made me more open minded to how folks in other parts of the country think, and I believe its made me a better and more tolerant citizen. Some places I've liked better than others, but I've gotten positive experiences from every place I've lived.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Fair enough. To each their own. As long as you are happy where you are, then that's all that matters.

I've lived and worked all over the US, as well as Canada in my adult life, and for me, I think its one of the best experiences I've ever had.

Wisconsin, Texas, Florida, California, Rhode Island, Southern Virginia, Florida (again), Northern Virginia, Georgia, Illinois.

Living in all of these places has made me more open minded to how folks in other parts of the country think, and I believe its made me a better and more tolerant citizen. Some places I've liked better than others, but I've gotten positive experiences from every place I've lived.
That is nice. I have visited many places including Canada many times (Love Canada) and lived in 3 different NE states. I just dislike the hot humid weather. It sucks all of the energy out of me and makes the air unhealthy.

I believe there are nice people everywhere as well as assholes. Unfortunately the assholes get too much attention for behaving badly. I do believe there are more good than bad but some days aren't so sure.

Reactions: HooperDrivesTheBoat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I do not understand why they request you show up 40 minutes before your MRI when they are never on time.

Reactions: BMC

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I didn’t get home from my MRI until about 8:10. It seems like everyone in the ER needed an MRI so they had to alternate between the ER and non emergency.

I have no issue with waiting but the lack of communication was out of the norm for them.

They really need a second MRI machine.

It was stark reminder of how broken our healthcare system is and another reminder that I am lucky to have a health insurance that will pay for this expensive imaging.

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
I do not understand why they request you show up 40 minutes before your MRI when they are never on time.
I'd say don't get me started, but you did. I don't go to the doctor often, mostly for an annual physical.
At my old doctor's office, I could get there in 15 minutes. So I'd call 20 minutes prior and ask if the doctor was on time. They would always say "yes." Then I would arrive on time and wait 30-40 minutes. Then they would call me in, and not apologize for the wait. Now I am fuming, and the first thing they do is take my blood pressure. :madfire:
I've been going to South Shore Medical Center for the past few years and they are almost always on time. I'm still getting used to it :)

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
20211015_095041.png

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Any of my fellow CPAP peeps use the Air Sense 10? That's what I'm waiting to arrive in the mail...

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I'd say don't get me started, but you did. I don't go to the doctor often, mostly for an annual physical.
At my old doctor's office, I could get there in 15 minutes. So I'd call 20 minutes prior and ask if the doctor was on time. They would always say "yes." Then I would arrive on time and wait 30-40 minutes. Then they would call me in, and not apologize for the wait. Now I am fuming, and the first thing they do is take my blood pressure. :madfire:
I've been going to South Shore Medical Center for the past few years and they are almost always on time. I'm still getting used to it :)
They are usually pretty good and will take you early but last night must have been a full moon because the service was flooded by ER patients and doctors who kept telling the techs they needed results immediately. I don't doubt that the patients were far more critical than me and I am more than happy to wait but a simple acknowledgement versus leaving me in a tiny room alone at the end of the hallway with no means of communication would have been appreciated.

I already have my results and thankfully I didn't do anything to my Achilles per the report but the rest of it I have to wait for the doctor to call me about because it just looks like a lot of complicated words in one paragraph.

Reactions: Ludwig Fell Down

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

Yeah, you'd hate it here. I have a good friend in Minneapolis who says the same thing as you do and he can't understand how people can live in this weather. It averages 93-94 and 70+ dewpoints in the summer and it gets worse the further south from me you go LOL. @Aeroforce knows what I am talking about. Late fall can kind of suck for me- no more sandals and having to wear a light jacket in the evening. What a bummer :laugh:

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

Were they ex-military doctors? :D

Reactions: Ludwig Fell Down

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Yeah, you'd hate it here. I have a good friend in Minneapolis who says the same thing as you do and he can't understand how people can live in this weather. It averages 93-94 and 70+ dewpoints in the summer and it gets worse the further south from me you go LOL. @Aeroforce knows what I am talking about. Late fall can kind of suck for me- no more sandals and having to wear a light jacket in the evening. What a bummer :laugh:
I wear sandals until it snows.

New England is home. I live within an hour to Boston, the mountains and the ocean. I love the Fall. I love when the air feels crisp and clean. I love the first snow (although prefer it comes after October).

I could never live in Texas or anywhere in the South. I could never live in the middle of the country as I love the ocean. I know there are many beautiful places everywhere but this is home. My daughter tells me to move to Calif but I would rather she move back here.

Last edited:

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Will NEVER go back South...the humidity is soul crushing.... lol be the cold....

Its funny, the 115-120 days in the summer out here are hot for sure. But I'll take them every day over 85 and humid like back in New England. Even at 115, with 2-3% humidity it's not oppressive and doesn't wear you out.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Its funny, the 115-120 days in the summer out here are hot for sure. But I'll take them every day over 85 and humid like back in New England. Even at 115, with 2-3% humidity it's not oppressive and doesn't wear you out.

Yes and if there is a breeze, which there usually is, you can get in the shade and it is tolerable. I live in LV for a few years and never found it as terrible as the deep south with 90+ heat and 75+ dewpoints. Oppressive.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I went to Vegas once. To each his own but it was too hot for me. It isn't the place for me

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
The whole "it's not the heat it's the humidity" thing may be a meme but it's actually true. In California it's in the 80s-90s all summer but in the end I'm less uncomfortable than on a 75 degree day in New England where you're swimming in your own sweat as mosquitos feast on you. But I do miss the variety of weather in New England, especially the fall. In a perfect world I could stay there in the fall and spring and come out here for winter and summer.

The thing I can't take out here is the sun. I go through so much sunscreen, wear a big hat, and have sunglasses on all the time or I might get burnt to a crisp because there's no sun cover anywhere.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Any of my fellow CPAP peeps use the Air Sense 10? That's what I'm waiting to arrive in the mail...

yes.
And I love it. It truly changed my life. No joke.

If you get tired of washing out hose, mask, and water chamber I suggest you also look at a SoClean machine. (A month or so after you decide yes I love my cpap). You need to pay out of pocket but eliminates daily or weekly cleaning. Now I clean hose and reservoir once a month. Change out my mask and filter monthly.
My sister just got her SoClean for I believe ~ $250-

SoClean 2 Automatic CPAP Cleaner Sanitizer + Tubing Adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad