Confirmed with Link: Trevor van Riemsdyk 1 year 800k

Employee427

Jan 6, 2019
Nice signing. Now we have too many D even if we dont graduate Fehervary, someone has to be traded otherwise I dont see how that makes sense. Either we trade Jensen or maybe Siegenthaler?

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Very smart move. Cheap enough to where he could just be the #7 but, yeah, you'd think this would mean Jensen is gone. That would be something of a shame but getting off the term is probably wise. Maybe Vancouver?

TVR was born within a day of Orlov so he's not all that young. He may have a sliver of upside remaining and was pretty solid in a depth role for Carolina (which included some PKing but not as much as Jensen last season).

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
As others mentioned, you now have 4 RHD: Carlson, Jensen, TVR and Schultz.
On the LH side, assuming Kempny is done, you only have Orlov and Dillon.

GMBM should consider flipping Jensen for an equivalent LHD.

Reactions: Calicaps

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Nice signing. Now we have too many D even if we dont graduate Fehervary, someone has to be traded otherwise I dont see how that makes sense. Either we trade Jensen or maybe Siegenthaler?
I'm wondering if Siegenthaler might be asking more than what BMac wants to pay him?

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
As others mentioned, you now have 4 RHD: Carlson, Jensen, TVR and Schultz.
On the LH side, assuming Kempny is done, you only have Orlov and Dillon.

GMBM should consider flipping Jensen for an equivalent LHD.
You also have Siege and Fever though. And TVR can replace Jensen’s PK mins.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
You also have Siege and Fever though.

True, but not sure how they feel about either player for next season. With the goal being to maximize likely the last 2-3 good years from 8 & 19, they will probably try to keep them around as an insurance policy more than anything.

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
I’ll be honest I would rather go
Carlson
Jensen
TVR
on the right side and trade away Schultz. I really have a bad feeling he is going to be a big liability.
I don't like the Schultz deal, but he isn't getting traded.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
True, but not sure how they feel about either player for next season. With the goal being to maximize likely the last 2-3 good years from 8 & 19, they will probably try to keep them around as an insurance policy more than anything.
I think they’re pretty confident in Siegenthaler considering he was their go to defensemen on the PK last year and I don’t think they like Jensen over him enough to warrant the difference in cap hit, considering how tight the team is to the cap. I would’ve been fine not signing Schultz and only TVR, but this definitely looks like the writing is on the wall for Jensen right now.

Reactions: Eazy for Kuzy

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
It would be sad to see them trade Jensen after his play at the end of the season and playoffs. Really turned the corner and I was definitely not a fan before
I was a big fan of the trade for him. It took him a while to figure it out here but he looked good when he finally did. For some reason he just looked very unsure and uncomfortable out there. I thought Panik looked the same way when he first got here. That being said, even with Jensen figuring it out, I think you take TVR at 800k over Jensen at 2.5mil any day of the week.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad