Confirmed with Link: Trevor van Riemsdyk 1 year 800k

racingmoose

Apr 11, 2016
And if you look at the 4th worst one, is it Lars?
It would be Kuzy. Surprisingly Lars is on the positive side. For those not liking the Schultz signing, his ratio was very poor with Pittsburgh last year. It's an interesting stat used by coaches where their systems prioritize puck possession.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
It would be sad to see them trade Jensen after his play at the end of the season and playoffs. Really turned the corner and I was definitely not a fan before
emminger.jpg

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Fehervary playing all situations in Hershey is better than some sort of rotation. I also half wonder if the organizational plan is for Fever to play RD in Hershey if there is an AHL season. Would give him more RD reps in less stressful situations

Kalopsia

Jun 25, 2018
Good deal, but I'm definitely confused about what the next move is at this point. I really hope they're not planning on trading Jensen. I think when you're relying on a guy with an injury history like Schultz you need a guy behind him on the depth chart that you can trust to step in if/when he gets hurt (or when he inevitably continues to suck, but that's an argument for another thread...). I like TVR, but he's not a guy I'd feel comfortable bumping up to the 2nd pairing for an extended period, and he'd be a big downgrade on the PK from Jensen.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I'm not reading into it too much. TVR is being paid like a #7, so he's probably gonna be the #7. Fever still gets LD duty when a LD is injured or slumping.

Reactions: DWGie26

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Good deal, but I'm definitely confused about what the next move is at this point. I really hope they're not planning on trading Jensen. I think when you're relying on a guy with an injury history like Schultz you need a guy behind him on the depth chart that you can trust to step in if/when he gets hurt (or when he inevitably continues to suck, but that's an argument for another thread...). I like TVR, but he's not a guy I'd feel comfortable bumping up to the 2nd pairing for an extended period, and he'd be a big downgrade on the PK from Jensen.
This is exactly what i was thinking. We will go 4 deep on the right side. Fight for your spots boys. And Shultz is likely to get hurt at some point and you have a righty. Someone on the left goes down, Fever comes up. As for Jensen... we talk about Lavi’s system being good for Shultz and Fever. Will be the same for Jensen. He is arguably our best skater on blue line.

Reactions: Kalopsia

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Whats Steve Eminger got to do with all this?

:huh:
He had one good playoff series, Caps made a franchise altering trade. Back in January Jensen was looked at as one of the worst contracts on the team with Hagelin, better to make a move now when he’s coming off a good performance if he’s not in Lavi’s plans.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
He had one good playoff series, Caps made a franchise altering trade. Back in January Jensen was looked at as one of the worst contracts on the team with Hagelin, better to make a move now when he’s coming off a good performance if he’s not in Lavi’s plans.

Ahh, cryptic, but makes sense now.

Bieronymus Trotz

Sep 4, 2017
If anything, it makes more sense to see Jensen's down period as the outlier in a (relatively short) career of otherwise strong play. The Eminger comparison isn't appropriate.

Reactions: twabby

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
I was not a fan of Jensen. But he showed me something in the playoffs. With the right system he is what we need. But maybe Lavy doesn’t like him. I don’t see how Schultz is better.

Reactions: crab

crab

Jan 26, 2019

Eminger was in the Capitals organization for 6 years and Jensen has been for 1.25 years with a the .25 coming at the end of a season with no training camp. Totally different situations.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
This dude is pretty good right? I think I saw a few people saying they wanted him for different teams also, why is he only 800k?

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Oats completely disagrees with you.

I disagree as well. Remember Carlson at LD? He was TERRIBLE and Todds handling of the D pairs may have cost us the Carolina series.

RD generally have almost NO pro experience at LD but with the US pumping out players that play on their strong hand sides, it should be starting to tilt the scales back towards an even number of LD and RDs in the league. For maybe the first time in NHL history.

Reactions: crab

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
What kind of crazy shit is GMBM cooking up? We have 4 NHL caliber RD. And one or two that can play in NHL. And those two don’t want to be stuck as leaders in Hershey (just like Lewington didn’t). Lewington wanted out so bad that he took a two way contract. I don’t know. But there has to be something coming. And I don’t think it is Jensen. He fits Lavi system well. But that is the only thing that makes sense. Unless we now move Schultz but nobody likes that deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad