Confirmed with Link: Trevor van Riemsdyk 1 year 800k

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I think they’re pretty confident in Siegenthaler considering he was their go to defensemen on the PK last year and I don’t think they like Jensen over him enough to warrant the difference in cap hit, considering how tight the team is to the cap. I would’ve been fine not signing Schultz and only TVR, but this definitely looks like the writing is on the wall for Jensen right now.
I thought Jensen earned his pay last year, but the cap being what it is...

BMac said in his presser yesterday that they are happy Siegs' progress and want to keep developing him. Obviously if the right deal is presented, they'll trade him, but I suspect Jensen is the odd man out.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
I thought Jensen earned his pay last year, but the cap being what it is...

BMac said in his presser yesterday that they are happy Siegs' progress and want to keep developing him. Obviously if the right deal is presented, they'll trade him, but I suspect Jensen is the odd man out.
I agree and I think Jensen’s tendency to be very shaky with the puck likely wouldn’t lend himself well to Laviolette’s system. Also interesting the Capitals haven’t officially announced this yet. Maybe another move coming tonight?

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Is Schultz injury prone? Maybe TVR is just #7 for now. We think like if he's RH dman he should play. And when we have 4 LH dmen we dont think its a problem, someone is #7 and all.

Or I dont know :P

It doesnt look like some team would want Jensen too much. Maybe for 3rd line forward though.

Reactions: RandyHolt

francaisvolantsparis

Nov 21, 2018
Nice
Facts

1. TVR is not signing this contract to be a 7th D on our team;
2. Fhervary is not in KHL/SHL/NLA now. He is starting the season with the Caps;
3. Dillon and JS are here to play.

Conclusions

1. Two options: A1) 99.9% Jensen is traded; B1) 0.1% Carlson had a career ending injury and will never come back;
2. Two options: A2) 75% Siege is traded too; B2) 25% Siege is the 7th D this season.

Reactions: Silky mitts

racingmoose

Apr 11, 2016
There's more to come. And looking at the style of play Lavi prefers out of his defensemen, Fever fits that role far better than Siege.

Reactions: Futures Passed

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I agree and I think Jensen’s tendency to be very shaky with the puck likely wouldn’t lend himself well to Laviolette’s system. Also interesting the Capitals haven’t officially announced this yet. Maybe another move coming tonight?
If Laviolette really wants an active defense that could make the case for Fehervary over Siegenthaler as well. But Fehervary would have to be trusted enough defensively to kill penalties to some extent or they'd have to be confident in mainly leaning on Orlov in a secondary PK role.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Don’t necessarily think anyone has to move. TVR could truly be a 7th D. He’s making 7D money.

Someone always gets hurt, they can rotate guys in. They could move Jensen if they want, or wait until the season starts, maybe flip someone at the deadline

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Trading Siegenthaler or Jensen for a cheap 3rd line forward is my preference. Anything to keep Hagelin away from the third line really.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Trading Siegenthaler or Jensen for a cheap 3rd line forward is my preference. Anything to keep Hagelin away from the third line really.
Hagelin is not moving off that 3rd line. He's going to be even a better fit with Laviolette's coaching style. You just don't appreciate the important little things that Hagelin does, that don't show up on the stat sheet.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Hagelin is not moving off that 3rd line. He's going to be even a better fit with Laviolette's coaching style. You just don't appreciate the important little things that Hagelin does, that don't show up on the stat sheet.
Okay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad