• $3.5

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Guy was T72 in the league for 5v5 points and T75 for 5v5 goals and you’re jumping on right before the playoffs somehow taking some sort of victory lap about your opinions of him. Which were terrible and proven terrible. How sad.
Nah, I'm not taking a victory lap and I was honestly rooting for him to prove me wrong. I will give him credit for basically replicating his shooting percentage from last year. I was nearly certain he was going to have a drop off this year for that alone. It was so anomalous from his previous years that I didn't think he'd do it again. He totally proved me wrong so good on him. Same thing for beating his goal totals and assist totals. Overall not a bad season from him, but 2 goals in the last 2 months and 4 goals in the last 3+ months was a bad end to a great start. He needs to be more consistent in his game.

As for the victory lap stuff, again that's not my bag and I could care less about being right or wrong. I did get a kick out of the constant pace updates and thought it was funny that they dropped off by season's end. So my post wasn't about ripping on the player, but it was definitely about having some laughs because of the constant pace posts some of you guys put here throughout the season. I mean really, can you not see the humor and have a laugh about it? I know I laugh at shit I get wrong all the time. It's called life and being a human. Some things you get right, most things you get wrong.

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Here is a partial list of players who had fewer goals than Trent Frederic at 5v5 this year (obviously still a handful of games tonight but still):

Elias Pettersen
Matthew Tkachuk
Claude Giroux
Robert Thomas
Matt Barzal
Steven Stamkos
Patrick Kane
Mark Scheifele
Sasha Barkov
Anne Kopitar

and

Alexander Ovechkin
Woah.

Good for a little perspective.

Hope they work out a longer term deal for him at reasonable $ .

Reactions: BBruins

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Nah, I'm not taking a victory lap and I was honestly rooting for him to prove me wrong. I will give him credit for basically replicating his shooting percentage from last year. I was nearly certain he was going to have a drop off this year for that alone. It was so anomalous from his previous years that I didn't think he'd do it again. He totally proved me wrong so good on him. Same thing for beating his goal totals and assist totals. Overall not a bad season from him, but 2 goals in the last 2 months and 4 goals in the last 3+ months was a bad end to a great start. He needs to be more consistent in his game.

As for the victory lap stuff, again that's not my bag and I could care less about being right or wrong. I did get a kick out of the constant pace updates and thought it was funny that they dropped off by season's end. So my post wasn't about ripping on the player, but it was definitely about having some laughs because of the constant pace posts some of you guys put here throughout the season. I mean really, can you not see the humor and have a laugh about it? I know I laugh at shit I get wrong all the time. It's called life and being a human. Some things you get right, most things you get wrong.
The difference is that some know that when they are posting a “pace” metric, they know it doesn’t translate into some sort of prediction that is right or wrong. At the times they were posted, they were objectively correct.

I’ll leave aside your blatant disregard for 5v5 effectiveness for a player you all but wanted to throw on the trash heap prior to this season and especially in years past.

• Haha
Reactions: LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
The difference is that some know that when they are posting a “pace” metric, they know it doesn’t translate into some sort of prediction that is right or wrong. At the times they were posted, they were objectively correct.

I’ll leave aside your blatant disregard for 5v5 effectiveness for a player you all but wanted to throw on the trash heap prior to this season and especially in years past.
If you want to have a discussion about the player with me, you need to at least be accurate about what I said. I wasn’t suggesting they “throw the player on the trash heap” as you said. I simply argued that his comps were lower than what some of you were willing to give him in arbitration because he was coming off a career season and had not produced like that before.

Again, the intellectual dishonesty is the problem here. If you want to say I said shit that I didn’t, it’s not worth having the conversation for me.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
1713467525038.jpeg

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Playoffs are going to be telling for him. It's great that he had a good season but 0 playoff points - he's gotta step up and contribute, and if not on the scoresheet he better find other ways.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Dalbec is still on pace to hit .000.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Not worried about his offense - it's all about consistency and details for him. Consistency in his usage too. I mean do we have any idea what the bottom six will be?

I know folks harp on his lack of post season production, but last year he was moved to the 4th line when they loaded the f up. And the year before he had what a game and a half before Cassidy benched him for taking an iffy penalty.

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
I really liked what I saw out of that DeBrusk-Boqvist-Freddy line Monty had out a few games ago.
They were the only line buzzing then got broke up cuz every other line was shit hah

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
We must’ve watched different games. I thought he was easily the worst player on his line last night. That shift in the 3rd where they dominated offensive zone time and drew a penalty was all Geekie and Lauko
Geekie and Lauko looked solid too. Frederic's a good complement to those guys- plays the responsible game so Lauko can take his chances on the forecheck.

Reactions: CDJ

False Start

May 8, 2018
He's next on the sitting block right? :sarcasm:

I doubt he would because of "size" but we got Grzelcyk and Lauko out. How many games of invisibility does he have left in the series?

Monty sent him a message last game when they threw him in the box during the too many men. He's one of our capable penalty killers and he goes to the box?

Step it up kid. Throw your body around a little and cause some chaos if you're not going to be good with the puck.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Frederic's game should be elevated in the post season, but it kind of just feels he's going on a sunday skate. He has one point in 11 playoff games and it's an empty net goal. He should be in their face being an asshole every chance he gets. It's no problem for Domi or Bertuzzi to do it, why can't Frederic?

Take a few runs, draw a penalty or two. Even that's good.

Reactions: BBruins and Clode

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Frederic's game should be elevated in the post season, but it kind of just feels he's going on a sunday skate. He has one point in 11 playoff games and it's an empty net goal. He should be in their face being an asshole every chance he gets. It's no problem for Domi or Bertuzzi to do it, why can't Frederic?

Take a few runs, draw a penalty or two. Even that's good.
Didn’t he clock somebody pretty late in game 1? It was definitely taking a run at somebody. Or was that the end of reg season?

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Didn’t he clock somebody pretty late in game 1? It was definitely taking a run at somebody. Or was that the end of reg season?
I was in and out of that game, honestly. Was golfing at a simulator with the game on. He very well could have!

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I was in and out of that game, honestly. Was golfing at a simulator with the game on. He very well could have!
Whenever it was I’ll take more of it!

Sounds like a hell of a time. I’m about to stand 9 inches in front of the tv for 3 hours 😭

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
He's next on the sitting block right? :sarcasm:

I doubt he would because of "size" but we got Grzelcyk and Lauko out. How many games of invisibility does he have left in the series?

Monty sent him a message last game when they threw him in the box during the too many men. He's one of our capable penalty killers and he goes to the box?

Step it up kid. Throw your body around a little and cause some chaos if you're not going to be good with the puck.
If that is what you feel about Freddy fine, but if that is what it takes why the hell is Lauko sitting tonight ? I am just not seeing Monty's thinking ,he wants them to be physical and the one guy that brings it he sits .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad