• $3

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • $3.5

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Pretty sure every fan base knows who Trent is. Your guy not so much, Maybe Bottom feeder Hab fans for sure.

Idk I was talking about Troy Terry the other day and a lot of people had no idea who he was. I imagine if people are unfamiliar with him then they have no shot of knowing who Trent Frederic is

Reactions: KillerMillerTime

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Idk I was talking about Troy Terry the other day and a lot of people had no idea who he was. I imagine if people are unfamiliar with him then they have no shot of knowing who Trent Frederic is
Don't you mean 3rd line center and 20 goal scorer Trent Frederic? Put some respect on his name, you know given his long track record of success in the league...:biglaugh:

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Gotta love you calling barbashev an anomaly at the deadline, but in Frederic’s case you are mocking people who say it.

Interesting and ironic how that works out.
I was wrong about that one. Not sure what’s ironic about that. But given what he cost to trade for and the general chatter about him overall, a lot of people didn’t see his playoff performance coming.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Seems like his good year really bugs you.
Not at all. What is annoying is folks like yourself overstating what he did and how good of a year he had. It was good but now he has to do it again. The joke of folks like you extrapolating his 17 goals into a 20 goal season is laughable because he's never done that. Just like you guys calling him a center despite him never being able to play that role for any significant amount of time. Why not wait until he's actually played an entire season as center before calling him that because in reality he's logged far more time at wing in his career so far. Same thing with the 20 goal scorer. He's never done it so calling him that is silly.

If he replicates his season from last year, I'll happily say I was wrong and eat a nice big dish of crow. I'd like to think you'd do the same, but I don't believe you will.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Not at all. What is annoying is folks like yourself overstating what he did and how good of a year he had. It was good but now he has to do it again. The joke of folks like you extrapolating his 17 goals into a 20 goal season is laughable because he's never done that. Just like you guys calling him a center despite him never being able to play that role for any significant amount of time. Why not wait until he's actually played an entire season as center before calling him that because in reality he's logged far more time at wing in his career so far. Same thing with the 20 goal scorer. He's never done it so calling him that is silly.

If he replicates his season from last year, I'll happily say I was wrong and eat a nice big dish of crow. I'd like to think you'd do the same, but I don't believe you will.
How about people who call him a fourth liner when he’s played his two full seasons on the third line?

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I really don't get the shade thrown his way. Figure it must just be for sport.
The shade is his getting sat in the PO two consecutive years by two coaches in his
D+7 season. Especially after hitting for 17 goals last year.

I'm not a Frederic guy and would have liked to see him traded to St. Louis for a 2nd round pick and saved the difference between his salary and Merkulov's.

He is an NHL player but I don't see more upside in him from last year.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
The shade is his getting sat in the PO two consecutive years by two coaches in his

I'm not a Frederic guy and would have liked to see him traded to St. Louis for a 2nd round pick and saved the difference between his salary and Merkulov's.

Thanks for illustrating my point

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Really it's 3 consecutive years. He played approx. 75% of the Bruins regular season games in both the '21 and '22 seasons.

Overall, in the past 3 years, Frederic has dressed in 82% of the Bruins regular season games, but just 35% of their playoff games over that same time period.

I'm done commenting on T-Fred but I wanted to put that fact out there.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown

I'm done commenting on T-Fred but I wanted to put that fact out there.
:laugh: Yeah me too

I'm "done commenting on him" too, just putting the fact out there that they had a 3-1 lead in the playoffs with him, didn't win a game without him and decided he was their best option to be in the lineup "when it mattered most" in game 7.

But again, I'm "done commenting on him"

Last edited:

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Oh you painted a picture alright.

The "when it mattered most" stuff is another great example.
Unfortunately for you and Frederic it is what it is and as Bruins Dust pointed out its 3 years in a row. He is an ok RS player, who appears to have a track record of not being
able to adapt to the pace of the PO to assure his spot in the line up, on a team that
has won one out three PO series in the last three years.

I don't think that's an over the top or harsh evaluation of the guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad