Votes: 6 6.1%
  • $3.5

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
View attachment 732305

If Swayman comes in down the middle as expected, it leaves about $2 million for Frederic. However, they have some flexibility by going with a 22-man roster and sending a d-man down to Providence. My guess would be Mitchell because Zboril can play both sides.

I'd rather see them keep Mitchell up and bank the difference between his number and Zboril's. Let Mitchell spell Shattenkirk from time-to-time. Call up Wotherspoon or Renouf if they need a left-shot D due to injury.

After last season where he played one game in a 3 month stretch, I'm surprised Zboril is still in the organization and figured he'd love a chance elsewhere with more opportunity at this stage of his career.

Reactions: GordonHowe

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
View attachment 732305

If Swayman comes in down the middle as expected, it leaves about $2 million for Frederic. However, they have some flexibility by going with a 22-man roster and sending a d-man down to Providence. My guess would be Mitchell because Zboril can play both sides.

Seems like a pretty simple solution to me

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I'd rather see them keep Mitchell up and bank the difference between his number and Zboril's. Let Mitchell spell Shattenkirk from time-to-time. Call up Wotherspoon or Renouf if they need a left-shot D due to injury.

After last season where he played one game in a 3 month stretch, I'm surprised Zboril is still in the organization and figured he'd love a chance elsewhere with more opportunity at this stage of his career.
Maybe he does want a chance somewhere else, but he's under contract so he doesn't have much of a choice.

Zboril was fine when he got in and got his legs under him. He was great at the World Championships at the end of the season and you could make an argument he was the Czechs best defenceman at the tournament. I'm well aware that doesn't mean anything but he was better than his pre-surgery days. To me, that means he deserves a look whether its Boston or Providence. But I'm not sure how the team feels.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Maybe he does want a chance somewhere else, but he's under contract so he doesn't have much of a choice.

Zboril was fine when he got in and got his legs under him. He was great at the World Championships at the end of the season and you could make an argument he was the Czechs best defenceman at the tournament. I'm well aware that doesn't mean anything but he was better than his pre-surgery days. To me, that means he deserves a look whether its Boston or Providence. But I'm not sure how the team feels.

True. I felt bad for him last year sitting that long and not dressing. It had to be very difficult, even if he's collecting an NHL paycheque.

If the Bruins end up not having many injuries on the D this year like they did last year, I hope they coaching staff do a bit better job of incorporating the all the D on the roster and not let guys sit for months on end as healthy scratches.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
True. I felt bad for him last year sitting that long and not dressing. It had to be very difficult, even if he's collecting an NHL paycheque.

If the Bruins end up not having many injuries on the D this year like they did last year, I hope they coaching staff do a bit better job of incorporating the all the D on the roster and not let guys sit for months on end as healthy scratches.
Last I checked, they haven't even hired an assistant to coach the defence.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

I did not do Swayman. To me and a lot of people, Swayman is pretty cut and dry. It's just playing out the process. But with Frederic, it's all over the map.

I could see the Bruins offering in the $1.4 million range and Frederic asking in the $3.8 million range in arbitration. I could be way off but that's the feeling I'm getting.
Well @MarchysNoseKnows I had the Bruins number at least.

Adam McQuade has been coach of the D for a couple of years. But his focus has been on development rather than game management.
No, McQuaid has been in player development. John Grudden coached the D in Boston last season and Kevin Dean before him.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
The ignorance to say that someone who just scored 17 goals in his age 24 season with no power play time has done nothing to earn a contract is stunning. Almost as stunning as people saying he doesn’t deserve $1.5M. Unbelievable.
He was 25. He's gonna become 26 in the middle of this upcoming season. He's not that good.

• Haha
Reactions: pearljamvs5

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
The Bruins arbitration number is essentially a 700k raise over two years when compared to his previous contract. (2.8 vs. 2.1 million)

A mere 250k more than he made last year and his qualifying offer.

Combined with Swayman, the Bruins opening number for arbitration is a combined 3.4 million next year.

The player's camps opening number combined is 7.7 million.

Middle ground is 5.55 million.

Gonna be tight methinks. This could go either way.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Bruins Cap.PNG

If it comes down the middle.

That's fixable.

Reactions: Gordoff

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
2.2 it is
Well @MarchysNoseKnows I had the Bruins number at least.

No, McQuaid has been in player development. John Grudden coached the D in Boston last season and Kevin Dean before him.

hmm Bruins offer similar to this deal after all

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
When do we hear the agent and teams arbitration #'s?

The arbitrator determines what the salary should be for the player, which must come no more than 48 hours after the hearing has concluded. If a team elects to decline the decision made by the arbitrator, then the player becomes an unrestricted free agent and they can sign with any team.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
The arbitrator determines what the salary should be for the player, which must come no more than 48 hours after the hearing has concluded. If a team elects to decline the decision made by the arbitrator, then the player becomes an unrestricted free agent and they can sign with any team.
They can't walk on these deals Wally - they're too low in AAV.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad