Player Discussion Trent Frederic

Status
Not open for further replies.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
boys on Overdrive on TSN up in arms at the audacity Frederic has challenging Ovi. Bunch of tools, Ovi has been a dirty SOB for over a decade, great player. Overdrive crew says he`s (TF) all but guaranteed himself a fight every time the B`s play the Caps

YEAH, kind of exactly what Freddy wants

This BS that you can`t hit, challenge the games best is ludicrous

This is so stupid. They are going to fight Frederic every game now because he got Ovi to embarrass himself?

Does Ovi have to fight a Bruin every game because he cheap shotted Carlo and ended his season that one year? One guy actually hurt another player, the other got speared in the nuts.

Reactions: Number8

bruinsfan1968

May 6, 2019
Remember when Marchand gave Dotchin a nothing tap to the nuts and he pretended to be hurt to milk a major penalty out of it and the league suspended him for five games

But Ovechkin can just continue to do the same or worse and get a $5000 fine
Yeah that's a slap on the wrist for Ovechkin, it should've been handled alot tougher by the NHL and the refs. SMH!
I realize the fine is the maximum but this infraction if you will was done intentionally by Ovechkin and should be handled with more urgency than it was.

Last edited:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
This is so stupid. They are going to fight Frederic every game now because he got Ovi to embarrass himself?

Does Ovi have to fight a Bruin every game because he cheap shotted Carlo and ended his season that one year? One guy actually hurt another player, the other got speared in the nuts.
don`t shoot the messenger, just reporting what was said

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Frederick is a young bottom 6 agitator with some skill.
His trade value from other GMs to Boston is inherently going to be less than his value to the Bruins right now.

Unless some GM loses their mind in an overreaction for an immediate need for toughness, we keep him.

IMO, I don't see any offering for Frederick being more than what he brings to this team.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Folks, calm down. The trade rumors are coming from Jimmy Thin Skins, which means Frederic ain't going nowhere. Remember, Thin Skins once said Bergeron for Pronger was a done deal and Bergeron's name plate was taken down from his locker.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Capitals want nothing to do with Frederic. Wilson discounts him like he is some sort of all star right now....Hathaway and Dillon will get tuned by him...Hopefully Chara remains as neutral as he was last night....Freddy pushing the issue....gives zero ***** about superstars and better be a long time Bruin, even if it's as a 4th liner. Wilson will prob go with him tomorrow, but it will only inspire Frederic to be more abrasive.

Frederic had a great open ice hit on Wilson last night. Wilson was slow to get up. I thought that might surface later in the game.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
Would you trade Vaak, Freddy, & a pick for Forsberg?

Tempting, because I love Forsberg's game. I think it if it was a bigger deal with Ekholm also coming here it would be hard to turn down that kind of elevation to contender-level roster. It's too early to tell how good Frederic can be, but he's already quite entertaining. I really want to see what he can become.

Reactions: Bodit9

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
he`s a tank sure but I`m not convinced the evidence is there that he can scrap, that one vs the Canes player isn`t what I would use as a baromoter, not that this is what your doing, Ovechkin`s MO has long been give cheap cross checks, punches to the face or what have you as the refs have already stepped in between he and whomever

Right. In remarking that he "can fight" I'm mostly meaning to say that he's someone with the size, strength and coordination to be able to engage in the activity. It's not a comment on his actual prowess. I don't think he's good at it, but I don't think he's Alex Semin, either.

Reactions: ODAAT

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
This game could be another test for Frederic. I’m sure they know he’s going to be fired up looking for trouble, we’ll see if he takes the bait or picks his spots wisely.

It’s gonna be a heavy game, hopefully Frederic and the rest of them comes out hitting hard like game 2 against Rangers last weekend.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Do you remember Marchand first 20 games? He was a little timid and no where near The guy he was in Providence. Well that changed. It will with Frederick. Look out NHL

Reactions: trenton1

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
How’s Frederic react when Chara challenges him ?

my guess he looks like he saw a ghost and it ain’t Casper

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida

I bet he's gladly accept. Chara will hold him off with his reach, spin around a few times, take a wild swing, miss, and wrestle him down to the ice.

Frederic will have Chara on his fight card for the rest of his career and be none the worse for wear.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
upload_2021-3-5_10-12-55.gif

if Frederic doesn’t do this to Capitals bench tonight I’ll be stunned

Disappointed he didn’t do it immediately following Chara tribute video the other night

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown

Oh he'd love it because he's a psycho. Tough look for Washington though that they'd have to resort to Z to handle this kid. I'm figuring someone like Dillon will be the guy.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Oh he'd love it because he's a psycho. Tough look for Washington though that they'd have to resort to Z to handle this kid. I'm figuring someone like Dillon will be the guy.
Speaking of Dillon if I’m a young Al Secord and playing tonight he’s my A1 Target.

Dillon sneaky dirty and could have ended Bjork season for awhile with that near head hunt

Dillon vs Hathaway- excellent fight A+

Reactions: Kalus

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
boys on Overdrive on TSN up in arms at the audacity Frederic has challenging Ovi. Bunch of tools, Ovi has been a dirty SOB for over a decade, great player. Overdrive crew says he`s (TF) all but guaranteed himself a fight every time the B`s play the Caps

Absolutely. I chuckle over this show the greats the respect they've earned bullshit. OVI has always played a nasty physical game and he is the one who initiated that "fight challenge" to begin with. He tried to dummy Frederic into a bad penalty by acting like he wanted a confrontation and the kid showed restraint by not popping OVI and falling into trap of taking a bad penalty. Funny thing is later in the game Frederic did exactly the same thing back and OVI was the one who bit. Both in box late in game is a win for Boston any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

These on screen personalities act like there really is a "code" for how opposing players should treat veterans or stars on other teams.

The objective is to win. If that weren't true, earlier this season Chara would not have popped Pasta in the head, and Pasta wouldn't have responded by chopping Chara in his own nads. When the whistle blows the objective is to win, not pay tribute to veterans.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA

Ovechkin took out Carlo for the playoffs and regularly charges a hundred feet to make his late, hard hits. No sympathy.

I'd still take he and Malkin over Crosby. A tantrum backed by physicality is better than what Crosby does.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007

Who know, but in my mind he gladly accepts.

I love Big Z and there is no doubt he's been a tough physical mountain for many years. However, Frederic seems to thrive off this stuff - I don't think he's afraid even if he might think he's overmatched.

Even just on B's defensive line in recent years -- over the years I'd fight with Chara before several other fighters. For example give me a choice of fighting McQuaid or Chara? Chara any day. Same goes for Kevan Miller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad