Player Discussion Trent Frederic

Status
Not open for further replies.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Man who reads Murphys verbal diarrhea? Anyone? Saw him talking about Frederic garnering a bunch of trade interest around the league. To hell with that!
Finally have someone that fills Thortons void and now the team is playing big and going toe to toe with Washington. I've been begging for this and now that it's there this meat head is trying to stir the pot. Even if Sweeny is getting calls I hope he hangs up. Don't care. The Bruins need to play a certain way and having guys like Freddy and Ritchie on the team are musts.
Well depends on the return but he is in no way untouchable. He’s a bottom 6 1st round draft pick. I like what he brings to the team for sure but let’s not overrate him too much. These kinda guys aren’t as difficult to find as the Bruins make it seem.

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
Well depends on the return but he is in no way untouchable. He’s a bottom 6 1st round draft pick. I like what he brings to the team for sure but let’s not overrate him too much. These kinda guys aren’t as difficult to find as the Bruins make it seem.
Not overrating him at all but he has what this team needs and it's balls... Hell even Ovi wants them.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Not overrating him at all but he has what this team needs and it's balls... Hell even Ovi wants them.
For sure the team needs that guy. But there’s plenty of guys on the team I’d deem untouchable before him.

Again I love his game, but if he’s required in a trade to get the long lost legitimate top 6 scoring winger, I’ll give him a ride to Logan.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
For sure the team needs that guy. But there’s plenty of guys on the team I’d deem untouchable before him.

Again I love his game, but if he’s required in a trade to get the long lost legitimate top 6 scoring winger, I’ll give him a ride to Logan.

As much as I love Frederic, if he needs to go to get the unicorn, go he must. I would not like to see it and the only way I think it is worth to the Bruins is getting a legit scoring threat on the wing. Then Freddie can be part of the package. It would have to be right guy, though, no shitbag rental, because I am feeling some serious TFred love right now.

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020

I don't think he's untouchable but only in a trade for serious talent but then we'd need to find another fem like Trent. He has Wilson type written all over him and needs time to show it. Problem is that the management group will never find the elusive tope talent needed to get Krejci back in form. Old vets or bottom six is all Sweeny wants. I am for letting Krejci go and let more kids play but I'm also the one who thinks Debrusk should sit for Senyshyn. Starting to think they do this personally to mess with my mind.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Remember when Marchand gave Dotchin a nothing tap to the nuts and he pretended to be hurt to milk a major penalty out of it and the league suspended him for five games

But Ovechkin can just continue to do the same or worse and get a $5000 fine

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Oh I think it’s a very hard find. What you are seeing now is not the finished product. Just wait.

Reactions: TobanWest

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Maybe so, but what tells you that?

I tend to agree with @Tbaybruin on this- I am seeing some flashes of real skill with him that could be developed. Not high end stuff like Pasta of course, but enough to see him being a solid middle six guy that contributes 30+ points. I think there is more there than a 4th line agitator/goon.

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
I tend to agree with @Tbaybruin on this- I am seeing some flashes of real skill with him that could be developed. Not high end stuff like Pasta of course, but enough to see him being a solid middle six guy that contributes 30+ points. I think there is more there than a 4th line agitator/goon.
I have a sick feeling in my stomach that Sweeney will package Freddy and Lauko for a Palmerri type all while Debrusk gets promoted to anything he wants.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I don’t see him being just an agitator/goon, I think he has more game than that. But I haven’t seen enough that I project him to be much more than great 4th line center, Cizikas type production. While also having the physical aspect to his game. Which is totally fine, I’ll take that.

Reactions: Over the volcano

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
boys on Overdrive on TSN up in arms at the audacity Frederic has challenging Ovi. Bunch of tools, Ovi has been a dirty SOB for over a decade, great player. Overdrive crew says he`s (TF) all but guaranteed himself a fight every time the B`s play the Caps

YEAH, kind of exactly what Freddy wants

This BS that you can`t hit, challenge the games best is ludicrous

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I don’t see him being just an agitator/goon, I think he has more game than that. But I haven’t seen enough that I project him to be much more than great 4th line center, Cizikas type production. While also having the physical aspect to his game. Which is totally fine, I’ll take that.

yeah, agitator/goon might have been overstating your point a little, but fourth line tough guy like Cizikas or Clutterbuck to carry on with a theme? A more physical Kuraly? I see more there, but we'll see how he develops. He has some time yet :)

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
on ice Pugilist, I`d like Quaider to work with him on technique, one of these times when he`s reaching back for a haymaker, he`s gonna get caught

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
yeah, agitator/goon might have been overstating your point a little, but fourth line tough guy like Cizikas or Clutterbuck to carry on with a theme? A more physical Kuraly? I see more there, but we'll see how he develops. He has some time yet :)
More physical more productive Kuraly. But, who knows, It’s entirely possible he’s much more than that, I’m wrong a lot.

Reactions: Dr Hook

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
on ice Pugilist, I`d like Quaider to work with him on technique, one of these times when he`s reaching back for a haymaker, he`s gonna get caught
Sure, I’d prefer he works on his skating and stick skills. I think his fighting ability is good enough in today’s NHL, it will get better the more he drops em.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
I have a sick feeling in my stomach that Sweeney will package Freddy and Lauko for a Palmerri type all while Debrusk gets promoted to anything he wants.

Neely won't sign off on that, IMO.
Just my opinion, but I'd say Neely's only letting Frederic go for a total game changer. Not a Palmieri or even Ekholm.

Reactions: Bodit9

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
boys on Overdrive on TSN up in arms at the audacity Frederic has challenging Ovi. Bunch of tools, Ovi has been a dirty SOB for over a decade, great player. Overdrive crew says he`s (TF) all but guaranteed himself a fight every time the B`s play the Caps

Yep. And Ovechkin can hold his own. He's a tank that plays a mean game and can fight.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Yep. And Ovechkin can hold his own. He's a tank that plays a mean game and can fight.
he`s a tank sure but I`m not convinced the evidence is there that he can scrap, that one vs the Canes player isn`t what I would use as a baromoter, not that this is what your doing, Ovechkin`s MO has long been give cheap cross checks, punches to the face or what have you as the refs have already stepped in between he and whomever

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Capitals want nothing to do with Frederic. Wilson discounts him like he is some sort of all star right now....Hathaway and Dillon will get tuned by him...Hopefully Chara remains as neutral as he was last night....Freddy pushing the issue....gives zero ***** about superstars and better be a long time Bruin, even if it's as a 4th liner. Wilson will prob go with him tomorrow, but it will only inspire Frederic to be more abrasive.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

This attitude has always put me off, that you can't/shouldn't go after stars even when they do dirty shit. Screw that. If a star does something dirty he should be held accountable just like the fourth line plug would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad