Player Discussion Trent Frederic

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
hat’s great ahathaway was running 73 all night and running the 240pd Ovi doesn't do anything.
man are you ever happy? McAvoy can take care of himself and went right back at Hathaway on the same shift. Hathaway then wouldn't even fight Bjork of all people. Frederic got Ovi off the ice for 2 mins, a good trade for the Bruins. Easily could have been a powerplay with how often they only call the guy retaliating. Harassing the other team's best player is always a good move, who cares what he weighs? The Bruins were giving as much as they were taking all night. Frederic absolutely crushed Wilson at center ice (something the NBC guys just glossed over). This team 2-3 years ago would shrink in a game like tonight. Today's team is fearless and that's without guys like Lauzon & Miller even dressed. I don't know what more you want.

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
I have a feeling if we had a Shawn Thornton type still around he tell him to stop trying to fight Ovechkin. I love the effort and willingness, and he probably knows the consequences and will see them Friday (I love this "series" scheduling), but kid you looked like a f***in dumbass. You should probably be able to make a pass out of your own zone before you run at one of the greatest goal scorers of all time.

reminds me of this
Shanahan talks worst chirping attempt he's ever witnessed - Sportsnet.ca
“You are not allowed to speak to Mr. Sakic.”

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I have a feeling if we had a Shawn Thornton type still around he tell him to stop trying to fight Ovechkin. I love the effort and willingness, and he probably knows the consequences and will see them Friday (I love this "series" scheduling), but kid you looked like a f***in dumbass. You should probably be able to make a pass out of your own zone before you run at one of the greatest goal scorers of all time.

reminds me of this
Nope - the kid's golden. He and Ovechkin play in the same league and he did nothing outside the lines. If Ovi cant handle it, that's not Frederic's problem.

If he takes some lumps he takes em, everyone who's willing to fight loses sometimes. He's a big and eager kid but also a looooong way from being a technical fighter. He'll eat some for sure.

Reactions: Bodit9

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Trent is a rookie...we have to accept that he will make mistakes, but to fault him for going after Ovie isn't right.

Kid already fought Wilson...when I'm pretty sure no one thought he would. He knows that if he is a shit disturber, he will have to drop the gloves...and I don't see that being a problem. I think he's smart enough to know if his team is winning by 2 goals, he won't drop'em to swing the momentum.

Kid is trying to make a name for himself...no harm with his approach.

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
Nope - the kid's golden. He and Ovechkin play in the same league and he did nothing outside the lines. If Ovi cant handle it, that's not Frederic's problem.

If he takes some lumps he takes em, everyone who's willing to fight loses sometimes. He's a big and eager kid but also a looooong way from being a technical fighter. He'll eat some for sure.

Ok, when Nathan Bastian is jumping David Pastrnak I'll except this type of equitable response

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
No question the number one discussion in the Capitals locker room is Trent Frederic.

if I’m on Capitals I’m asking Chara what Is the deal with him

I’m the coach of Washington I’m not happy with the approach to Ovechkin and tell my team I want Pastrnak & Marchand hit every time you get near them to send a message

I’m Wilson I go after Frederic first 5 - 10 minutes of game

love Trent but if your Capitals you need to address this

tomorrow should be interesting

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019

reminds me of this
This is an outrageously bad take.

Bruin4Life

Nov 6, 2006
When there is this much discussion on a player and it's not regarding stone hands it gets me excited that we may have a prospect turn into something more than a fourth line fill in.

I want more freddy

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
It's ridiculous that Boston didn't get a powerplay from that spear. And even more ridiculous that the only powerplay the Bruins got in the entire game was the same hit that got Ritchie a major in the playoffs.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I can't believe people have a problem with Frederic harrassing OV. How many times over the years have we wanted someone to hit and go after the other team's star players? Pasta has been getting run at frequently the past few games and now the shoe is on the other foot. Good.

Root

Feb 22, 2010
Trent is a rookie...we have to accept that he will make mistakes, but to fault him for going after Ovie isn't right.

Kid already fought Wilson...when I'm pretty sure no one thought he would. He knows that if he is a shit disturber, he will have to drop the gloves...and I don't see that being a problem. I think he's smart enough to know if his team is winning by 2 goals, he won't drop'em to swing the momentum.

Kid is trying to make a name for himself...no harm with his approach.

I don't think anyone has a problem with him going after Ovi, I'd just rather him try to land a few big hits over skating up to a guy that's not even in the play and crosschecking him. Those crosschecks he threw before he got speared were with intent, right to Ovechkins wrists in between the glove and the elbow pad. If I'm Wilson or Hathaway I'm doing the same to Bergeron without thinking twice.

Again, I love Frederic and I've been waiting for the Bruins to add a guy like him, and it's even more enjoyable that he's homegrown and seems like a great guy.

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
So what will the reaction be when it's not Wilson but Chara lining up with Trent to tell him to knock it off?

Same as if he lines up with Wilson? Because if I'm WAS 1 get a 2 for 1 deal with Chara lining up to him.

1. Chara can hurt him in a fight
2. Chara is respected in Boston and him taking the dance will make others in Boston think twice about goading Trent to continue

If I were WAS Chara / Trent would be the fight card to bring this to an end fast.

Reactions: Roll 4 Lines

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston

reminds me of this

Ovie looked like the dumbass and look afraid as well. Going to be interesting to see if the dumbass gets a game or two

Last edited:
Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
So what will the reaction be when it's not Wilson but Chara lining up with Trent to tell him to knock it off?

Same as if he lines up with Wilson? Because if I'm WAS 1 get a 2 for 1 deal with Chara lining up to him.

2. Chara is respected in Boston and him taking the dance will make others in Boston think twice about goading Trent to continue

If I were WAS Chara / Trent would be the fight card to bring this to an end fast.

My guess is Freddy could give a ****.

And any team that employees a dickhead like Wilson should not be talking. Look back at him his first few years in the league and get back to me.

TSBruins13

Mar 24, 2011
Boston, MA
I like what Frederic is bringing but.....

you have to admit it was quite funny when he dropped the gloves and Ovi’s face was just like “you serious kid?” I felt a bit embarrassed for Freddy to be honest.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton

Let Chara try . He’s not a Boston Bruin anymore and I don’t think Frederic cares . If he’s willing to go after Wilson or Ovechkin I don’t think he is afraid of Chara .

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
I like what Frederic is bringing but.....

you have to admit it was quite funny when he dropped the gloves and Ovi’s face was just like “you serious kid?” I felt a bit embarrassed for Freddy to be honest.

I would have been more embarrassed if he got suckered like the Carolina player did.

Ovi's face was more like shit this kid is not skating away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad