Player Discussion Trent Frederic

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I think this is partly about the matchups the next two games: Winnipeg and Philly -- two heavy teams.

whitetape

Jun 3, 2006
So if JFK was the showcase and didn't attract interest, does that mean Frederic was even less interesting to other teams as a trade chip, or the B's have no interest in using him as one? I certainly hope, and kind of suspect, it was the latter, at least until they see how he does in this call-up. And I wonder how Studnicka stacks up in B's' plans at the moment vs. Frederic.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
He impressed me the most out of the three young centers tried during the pre-season. Nothing flashy, but seemed like a player that wouldn't look out of place at the NHL level.

Reactions: GloryDaze4877

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I will spell it out for those people:

JFK was the showcase. Weren't interested. Therefore adios amigos

This was pretty obvious...

I can't wait to see Frederic ... by all accounts he's been the best Providence player as of late. Well deserved call up.

I didn't mind the 3rd line but at some point they need to contribute/produce! And that was not happening.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Watched a lot of Trent Frederic at Wisconsin. Haven't seen him play in Providence so my thoughts might be out of date. But from what I've seen of him and JFK, I like this move.

JFK is the better skater and vision, but Frederic has the size and a very good shot. If this kid has the confidence to shoot the puck at the NHL level, I think we'll be pleasantly surprised.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
So if JFK was the showcase and didn't attract interest, does that mean Frederic was even less interesting to other teams as a trade chip, or the B's have no interest in using him as one? I certainly hope, and kind of suspect, it was the latter, at least until they see how he does in this call-up. And I wonder how Studnicka stacks up in B's' plans at the moment vs. Frederic.

I don’t think it necessarily means Frederic was “less interesting”. It could mean that the B’s have zero interest in dealing him? I believe the B’s think they have something with Frederic and Studnicka and that it will take quite the return for them to be dealt.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I don’t think it necessarily means Frederic was “less interesting”. It could mean that the B’s have zero interest in dealing him? I believe the B’s think they have something with Frederic and Studnicka and that it will take quite the return for them to be dealt.

How soon before JFK joins the likes of Vatrano and Connolly as good young players with offensive upside shipped out of town too soon because they don't play a heavy or defensive enough of a game for this management team?

Reactions: Pia8988

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
How soon before JFK joins the likes of Vatrano and Connolly as good young players with offensive upside shipped out of town too soon because they don't play a heavy or defensive enough of a game for this management team?

Considering he was being showcased, I think there is a good chance he won't be around long.

Reactions: BruinDust

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
JFK didn't look much more effective at the NHL level than Jordan Szwarz did last season. I'm perplexed at how JFK's mediocre preseason and 4 point performance in Providence somehow earned him a 28 game audition in Boston.

Really looking forward to seeing what Frederic brings. He's earned his shot at the third line.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
JFK didn't look much more effective at the NHL level than Jordan Szwarz did last season. I'm perplexed at how JFK's mediocre preseason and 4 point performance in Providence somehow earned him a 28 game audition in Boston.

Really looking forward to seeing what Frederic brings. He's earned his shot at the third line.

Was being showcased apparently. Also happy to see what Frederic can do.

HackeyFanz

Dec 8, 2017
Frederic is the perfect type of player for our 3rd Line C. I hope he has had enough seasoning in the AHL to make the jump already... he's been playing well as of late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad