Player Discussion Trent Frederic II

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Lucic was basically a legend by the time he and the Bruins got back from that early season Western road swing. Has that Gordie Howe hat trick out in LA and the legend was born.

BTW, I've seen Lucic fight to a draw. I have never seen him lose outright. Did he?

He would beat Tom Wilson to a pulp; destroy him. I don't believe Wilson is that good a fighter, from what I've seen. Frederick handled him pretty well, for example.

Milan was crazy, and crazy strong. Again, he would just destroy opponents.

And, go to Youtube to check out his many, many devastating hits,

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Maybe I missed the "hitting everything" period - he's always seemed to me to be more defensively responsible guy than a forecheck disruptor. Don't think I've seen him lay a borderline hit all year, but I have seen Cassidy roll him out there pretty regularly against Crosby and Ovechkin.

Part of the problem IMO is he wasn't developed as a winger but as a center. So he's used to being the 3rd man high more often, surveying the situation, better able to pace himself, etc.

Then he gets to the big club, gets put on LW, has a few fights and everyone thinks he should be some sort of forechecking demon hustling all shift long being first man in on the forecheck. Meanwhile that's not the role he's been playing at the pro level up until this season apparently.

I like Frederic, his offense is and will likely be limited. But I still think he can be of plenty value as a big, strong defensively responsible center that can score and fight in spurts that floats between Line 3 and 4.

Really for next season they will likely let Kuraly go and I see Frederic taking his spot in the middle.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
BTW, I've seen Lucic fight to a draw. I have never seen him lose outright. Did he?

He would beat Tom Wilson to a pulp; destroy him. I don't believe Wilson is that good a fighter, from what I've seen. Frederick handled him pretty well, for example.

Milan was crazy, and crazy strong. Again, he would just destroy opponents.

And, go to Youtube to check out his many, many devastating hits,

One of my all-time favorites. The way he hit, fought, scored and entertained, I thought he'd be a Bruin forever.

I was present for his first pro fight in the pre-season against the Islanders in the fall of 2007. Happened about 15 feet away from where I was seated. You could see he was itching for a scrap all game but didn't find any takers. Pretty much at the end of the game he grabs an Islander (Matthew Spiller) and just starts pounding him, almost like he wasn't allowing that game to end without him getting in a scrap. I don't think Spiller knew what was going on, just this big monster of a kid grabbing him and chucking knuckles.

Last edited:

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
One of my all-time favorites. The way he hit, fought, scored and entertained, I thought he'd be a Bruin forever.

I was present for his first pro fight in the pre-season against the Islanders in the fall of 2007. Happened about 15 feet away from where I was seated. You could see he was itching for a scrap all game but didn't find any takers. Pretty much at the end of the game he grabs an Islander (Matthew Spiller) and just starts pounding him, almost like he wasn't allowing that game to end without him getting in a scrap. I don't think Spiller knew what was going on, just this big monster of a kid grabbing him and chucking knuckles.

I give Chris Neil of the Senators great credit for sticking with it when Lucic basically beat him senseless in that pre season game years ago (sic).

I also give Gabriel Landeskog great credit as a rookie, I believe, for not backing down when Milan sought to intimidate him.

These are the hits, as opposed to the fights,

Reactions: BruinDust

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
I don't know, Wilson is pretty dumb. And fighting Lucic. That's dumb.

Eh if my memory serves me he hardly fights anyone legit. Off the top of my mind he fought McQuaid and Reaves and has lost.

Reaves is someone I would LOVE on the Bruins but cant see VGK letting him go. I pass by like 2 water billboards out here on the way home with him on them. Hes beloved out here and the only VGK player shirt I own

Root

Feb 22, 2010
I dont think Wilson would go near Looch. An Angry Looch is scary but a Looch whos ready to fight is scary too. Hes around the same size as Wilson, strong and a boxer. Dont think Wilson will ever fight Looch

He wont. Lucic would destroy him. Lucic would be the toughest guy Wilson has ever fought. Wilson wouldn’t make Lucic’s top 20.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

I remember him pretty much immediately fighting Tarnasky (iirc) and being in love

mike komisarek really got bullied out of the nhl by that man

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I give Chris Neil of the Senators great credit for sticking with it when Lucic basically beat him senseless in that pre season game years ago (sic).

I also give Gabriel Landeskog great credit as a rookie, I believe, for not backing down when Milan sought to intimidate him.

These are the hits, as opposed to the fights,

Landeskog literally backed down from Lucic. It was cringeworthy.

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
How did the Fredric thread become a lucic appreciation thread? :p Wilson won’t fight lucic ever. Wilson doesn’t like fighting. He likes taking violent runs at top line players.
Blind siding or hitting those players from behind is Wilson's MO! The league does nothing to curb it. He will get cheap shotted for his antics or hell end someone's carrier before anything gets done! The Rangers were correct in pushing for Parros to be removed! That clown was a knuckle dragger in the league so it's hard for him to see fault in any dirty play!

Reactions: inactive user

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I remember him pretty much immediately fighting Tarnasky (iirc) and being in love

mike komisarek really got bullied out of the nhl by that man

Sometimes you give credit to guys for standing up and going toe to toe with a guy as tough as Lucic.

I give Komisarek that credit the first time.

Every other time I chalk it up to him being among the 20 dumbest human beings ever to play in the NHL.

He was a terrible fighter who literally was too dumb to even protect himself.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Come on, it can't be that Frederic hit a wall and that he's adjusting to the NHL?

You view EVERYTHING through the "pacifist/small weak player" lens. It doesn't always apply.

Did Cassidy tell Miller and McAvoy to hit less? Did he tell Ritchie to stop fighting? It seems personal, and if you're determined to hate Cassidy, have at it I guess.

Just so I'm clear: I love when Frederic plays physical and is a disrupter. I think it helps the team a lot, and my guess is Bruce sees value in it as well.

Idk how much value he saw in Frederic to be honest. Looks like he seriously fell out of favor with Cassidy. Big takeaway was that in the last game he was playing with two providence players and not the few 3rd/4th liners that were actually still in the lineup.

Might need him in the Washington series, but I wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t see him for a couple games or until things start getting chippy.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Eh if my memory serves me he hardly fights anyone legit. Off the top of my mind he fought McQuaid and Reaves and has lost.

Reaves is someone I would LOVE on the Bruins but cant see VGK letting him go. I pass by like 2 water billboards out here on the way home with him on them. Hes beloved out here and the only VGK player shirt I own

Some great visual effects in those commercials lol.

I like Reaves a lot too, I’d love him as a Bruin. I don’t really care that he’s not a great player, he’s good enough for the physicality he brings.

After the situation with Wilson and Rangers their will be some teams looking for tougher guys that can also somewhat pull their own weight on the other side of puck.

He’s a UFA after next year, if his legs stay good and he hits the open market I would bring him in for a couple years if we’re looking for toughness.

inactive user

Aug 20, 2020
Some great visual effects in those commercials lol.

I like Reaves a lot too, I’d love him as a Bruin. I don’t really care that he’s not a great player, he’s good enough for the physicality he brings.

After the situation with Wilson and Rangers their will be some teams looking for tougher guys that can also somewhat pull their own weight on the other side of puck.

He’s a UFA after next year, if his legs stay good and he hits the open market I would bring him in for a couple years if we’re looking for toughness.
My favourite Reaves moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad