Player Discussion Trent Frederic II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
monty gets it

“I loved Trent Frederic’s response,” Montgomery said. “Going out there and being physical, being aggressive. A little bit of a burr in the right spots.”
it`s about Freddy doing that consistently while not taking stupid penalties, he played well last night for sure

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Ya we are just optimistic. It’s true though. T fred is only 24 tho. I agree we over rate our own prospects. I thought he looked decent last season. They usually hit prime around 28-30. He probably is a 15 g guy by the time he hits 30.
You did? He literally played himself out of the lineup with bad penalties and low hockey iq type of decisions last year. People can blame Cassidy for his lack of development, but it’s not like the kid showed anything that made you think he had to be in the lineup in the preseason. He only got in the game last night because DeBrusk is out.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
You did? He literally played himself out of the lineup with bad penalties and low hockey iq type of decisions last year. People can blame Cassidy for his lack of development, but it’s not like the kid showed anything that made you think he had to be in the lineup in the preseason. He only got in the game last night because DeBrusk is out.
he was beyond putrid last night and far too often for that matter. I really want to love the kid, can play tough, in your face hockey, has decent hands but he needs to bring it consistently and doesn`t. Can`t convince me a kid like McLovin wouldn`t be helping the team more right now or someone in Providence, this kid plays far too often like he`s thinking about what his post game meal will be, totally lost out there at times

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
he was beyond putrid last night and far too often for that matter. I really want to love the kid, can play tough, in your face hockey, has decent hands but he needs to bring it consistently and doesn`t. Can`t convince me a kid like McLovin wouldn`t be helping the team more right now or someone in Providence, this kid plays far too often like he`s thinking about what his post game meal will be, totally lost out there at times
Really? He took a big hit to make a play and send Coyle in all alone. That was one of the better plays of the game.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Really? He took a big hit to make a play and send Coyle in all alone. That was one of the better plays of the game.
then has two chances to shoot the puck while in great spots, passes one up to dish off to someone, the other, waits too long, gives the puck away, sorry, I want to really like this kid but IMO, there HAS to be someone in this organization who can bring "it" with more consistency

Reactions: Blowfish

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com

Understand ODAAT and your takes. My feeling is, as long as the Bruins are winning, it is probably worth letting Freddy have a bit longer of a leash. He can be frustrating to watch and then, boom, he makes a high impact play. It sounds like Marchand is ahead of schedule…and so Freddy might be fighting for his life again once the forwards are all in place.

For now, let the kid do his thing, because Freddy at his best is a unique player on the club. Having Freddy AND Greer at their best as well as a rejuvenated Foligno in addition to all the speed, skill, face off success, two-way acumen, etc…is a recipe for playoff success…and that’s what it’s all about.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Fully agree. Frederic isn’t good enough to stick on a deep roster.

Can't believe Cassidy is still holding him back from all the way in Nevada.

If only that guy used his powers for good.
Studnicka too. Did you see the bad penalties Cassidy made him take in his only game? Cassidy sucks…

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Trent Frederic, if he’s not agitating and bringing some sort of physicality, he’s as useless of an NHL player as any.

Low IQ player who doesn’t hit or mix it up anymore.

I’m completely content if I never see this guy in the lineup again, and this is coming from a guy who liked what he brought… two seasons ago.

Good to see who can't be happy with the team's best start in decades.
Literally nothing to do with this. Do you think Trent Frederic has been key to the Bruins early success?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
He certainly hasn’t been a problem

Once again with one of the higher +\-‘s on the team. Doesn’t tell the whole story but he ain’t hurting them, just like he wasn’t really hurting them last year

Last edited:

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
He simply has to earn his way with solid play. Sure, if he was net front guy on PP1 he'd probably rack up more points, but he's not, and won't be.
So to keep playing he needs to do things that (positively) separate himself from the other competing 3LW and 4LWs. We all know what that can be, its just a matter of doing it.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
He wasn't bad except for the one bad decision/pass and delay of game penalty. Had some good moments as well.
Yep, Frederic had a great pass to Coyle at the end of the first period. He makes a lot of good passes and does a lot of the heavy lifting for that line in their own zone.

I know he took that bad delay of game penalty, but before that, he made a breakout pass to Clifton and for some reason Cliffy lifted his stick and let the puck go by, right to the Stars, who dumped it in and since Cliffy was at the blue line, Frederic had to go retrieve it. So, yeah it's his fault he flipped it out, but he was in a weird spot where he already made a clean play to get out.

Last edited:

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I like Frederic a lot but he is replicable, not by a Danton Heinen or Anders Bjork but by a similar player who brings a physical game all the time. Brandon Duhaime, Mark Kastellic, Tanner Jeannot, Keegan Kolesar, Sam Carrick or similar players I would absolutely move Frederic for but not a "speed and skill' 5 goal scorer who won't hit.

Frederic is far from perfect but he is a decent option with some upside at the moment. I would try Greer on Coyles LW for a few games to see how he plays.

Reactions: CDJ

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Chris Kelly waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more involved than last year on bench from my watching

He goes behind the forwards after shifts and appears to offer input and support - players look like they are receptive and like it

Frederic seems to be a guy who gets attention and his body language and response signal this is welcome

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Guy's having a good stretch of late on the scoreboard and seems to be playing a responsible game out there.

A bunch in here were saying last 1/2 season wasn't enough to judge, is he winning anyone over yet?
I watched him in Providence and he showed hands

Cassidy is great with veterans he can trust and run their hips into the ground

Doesn’t make him a bad person/ Monty won a NCAA title in college and has a reputation as patient and a teacher

I don’t think anyone who has watched the Bruins since Chiarelli hired his Ottawa buddy thought Bruce was patient or a teacher

Reactions: pearljamvs5

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Hes playing like a solid 3rd line guy who brings some size and toughness. Happy for him that he's slowly starting to find his footing in this league. I think there's definitely a place in the starting lineup for Frederic if he keeps playing the way he has.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Chris Kelly waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more involved than last year on bench from my watching

He goes behind the forwards after shifts and appears to offer input and support - players look like they are receptive and like it

Frederic seems to be a guy who gets attention and his body language and response signal this is welcome
Kelly seems like the perfect guy to have in his ear.

Reactions: DKH
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad