Player Discussion Trent Frederic II

Status
Not open for further replies.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Freddy is turning into a solid 3rd line presence and with Hall super charging that line, he's going to keep getting offensive chances. I like the willingness to flex out to his off wing and still play well. I'll admit, a part of me wants to see them try Freddy at center in-between Hall and Coyle, but it's working as is right now.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Freddy is turning into a solid 3rd line presence and with Hall super charging that line, he's going to keep getting offensive chances. I like the willingness to flex out to his off wing and still play well. I'll admit, a part of me wants to see them try Freddy at center in-between Hall and Coyle, but it's working as is right now.
Coyle isn’t a winger.

Reactions: dangermike

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Coyle isn’t a winger.
That line is clicking- certainly wont mess with it and they're not going to shuffle guys like Coyle and Hall to experiment with Frederic. I mean he's a center/left wing they have playing RW on that line as it is.

I do see him at C in the future though, he's got the size the 2 way game and the vision/passing skills to be most effective down the middle

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Great to see him get rewarded with two goals. He also made some fantastic passes. Jack called out a soft area pass to Hall in the neutral zone. He fed Nosek down the middle on a zone entry…

Good defensive plays too and the MacKinnon back checks showed off his speed.
have to think playing for a coach who won`t staple him to the bench or scratch him after a mistake has eased his grip on the stick too. Freddy created much of his own trouble previous years though, super inconsistent, took stupid penalites etc...I`ve been hard on the kid, not sure I was a "hater" but I was definitely a non-believer

bruinshoper

Sponsor
Jan 20, 2011
I’m excited. He has a long reach, disrupts plays, and is winking battles more and more … just a really difficult player to play against. Coyle is a possession monster. Hall is just playing incredible 3 zone hockey. Frederic is only going to get more confident and stronger in my opinion.
The impact this line is having is tremendous and so enjoyable to watch. I love it when Frederic, Coyle, and Hall are in the ice.

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
Hall on the third changes that line dimension. I am impress with the line and with Hall getting there and doing the job done. As per T Frederic, he is just starting to show us what he can be s a hockey player. I just beleive in him and all what he can bring to the game. Happy he got rewarded with 2 goals last night

Reactions: HustleB

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Don't get ridiculous. No way they score 12 goals. At least one of those players is not going to get a hat trick.
I was just stating that I hope all the players Cassidy messed with get the chance to have great games and shove it down Cassidy's throat. They could beat Vegas 15-0 and I would still want more of a beating administered to Vegas.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I agree , like Hall says he does not consider 3rd line a demotion playing with the best 3rd line center in the league . I am glad for Fredrics ,his confidence is soaring and starting to show...........
You know a team has ridiculous depth in the lineup when Coyle and Hall are the anchors on your third line. Basically perfect for Frederic to thrive if he is ever going to. A bull at center and a superb playmaker drawing a lot of attention at wing allow Frederic to get more space on the ice and not have to press as much as he has in the past. Confidence can do remarkable things for a player trying to find his place on a team.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Every line needs a driver. Sorry neither Coyle or Freddy are drivers. Hall is. Makes the line work.

have to think playing for a coach who won`t staple him to the bench or scratch him after a mistake has eased his grip on the stick too. Freddy created much of his own trouble previous years though, super inconsistent, took stupid penalites etc...I`ve been hard on the kid, not sure I was a "hater" but I was definitely a non-believer
Or maybe it's something as simple as finding a third person to play on the line that can drive play?

Nah. Can't be it. This is hockey.

Reactions: HustleB and ODAAT

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Every line needs a driver. Sorry neither Coyle or Freddy are drivers. Hall is. Makes the line work.

Or maybe it's something as simple as finding a third person to play on the line that can drive play?

Nah. Can't be it. This is hockey.
Or maybe it's something as simple as a combination of his own improved play, confidence and support from the coaching staff, and Hall on the other wing.

I will say Frederic's game hasn't really changed that much all year, the pts are just coming now. He might not be driving play but he is real complimentary piece on that line and only taking up 8% of its cap space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad