Travis Sanheim - D - 6'3" - 181 - Calgary WHL - 2014 pick (1-17) - [signed ELC, 9/25]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Sanheim_medium2153.jpg

Stats: http://www.whl.ca/roster/show/id/10600

-----------------------------------------------------------------

• Final Rank: 53
  • Midterm Rank: 167
  • Position: Defenseman
  • Shoots: Left
  • Height: 6' 3"
  • Weight: 181
  • Born: March 29, 1996. Elkhorn, MB, CAN
  • Hometown: Elkhorn, Man.
  • Drafted: 2014: PHI (1st Round / 17th Overall) Philadelphia Flyers

NHL Central Scouting’s B.J. MacDonald:
"When he started getting more ice time in November, he started becoming one of their best defenders. His one-on-one play and containment gets better every game. He uses his reach with an active stick and is not afraid to stand up and challenge forwards. He could be a nice surprise pick; he has the size and hockey sense for next level."

1. You have to have your own identity, but whom in the NHL do you really watch closely?

"A guy I’ve been told I play like is Jay Bouwmeester. A guy who skates really well and is a good puck-moving defenceman."

--------------------------------------------------------------------
He was summoned to the NHL draft combine, where representatives of all 30 NHL teams — every single one! — requested an interview.

Earlier this week, Sanheim was also invited to Hockey Canada’s world junior summer evaluation camp in August, the first step of picking a team for the annual holiday tourney.

“I felt like I was just scratching the surface towards the end of this season,†Sanheim said. “Throughout the year, you always want to continue to improve, and that’s what scouts look to see. You don’t want to be a guy who starts off strong but towards the end, kind of falls. For me, to have the second half that I did and continue to rise and grow as a player and show the scouts that there still is more to my game is a huge honour.

-----------

Sept. 25:

The Philadelphia Flyers announced today that they have signed 2014 First-Round draft pick, defenseman Travis Sanheim, to an entry-level contract, according to general manager Ron Hextall.

After appearing in rookie and main Flyers training camp, Sanheim was returned to the Calgary Hitmen of the Western Hockey League on Wednesday. He appeared in one preseason game with the Flyers, posting 18:08 of ice-time, two hits and one shot on goal in 23 shifts, as the Flyers defeated the Washington Capitals, 5-4, on Sept. 22.

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=731774&navid=DL|PHI|home

Last edited:

NikF

Sep 24, 2006
I came here when you took Laughton to congratulate you on the pick. I'm coming here to congratulate you on Sanheim, best poise with the puck from the back-end in the entire draft. The one word that comes up with Sanheim as a defenseman is "natural". The guy is a natural at hockey. Congrats.

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
FAVORITES:

NHL team: Pittsburgh Penguins
NHL player: Sidney Crosby
:handclap:

I have no opinion on this, but I did notice his final rank amongst North American skaters was 53rd. This was a great improvement on his midterm rank of 167th, although I'm still a bit perplexed by him going in the first round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad