Travis Sanheim - D - 6'3" - 181 - Calgary WHL - 2014 pick (1-17) - [signed ELC, 9/25]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
@Stizzle was Sanheim prone to blowing tires at other levels? He is definitely a great skater but I swear last year he went down surprisingly often on plays similar to last night where nobody was around and he lost an edge in a cross over or something.

P.S. I still think he is a great skater and think he will be a good player for a long time, I mean no disrespect to your son. Don't hurt me.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
My memory is somewhat terrible, but yes probably. @FLYguy3911 watched just as many Calgary Hitmen games as I did back then. So, I feel like he'd have a better answer than me.

I have to say I have been surprised. Possibly part of it is his height. I'm 6'4" and from about 17-20 I remember suddenly going through a phase where I toe picked more times in those 4 years then the rest of my hockey career combined.

It is something I would like to see him identify and clean up, he skates so well in general I can't imagine he will struggle to much to fix it.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The ice wasn't very good, so that might have something to do with it.

But his height (same for Myers) is why he should be careful about trying to get cute with the puck, it's harder to deke people when you're that tall, and NHL players will exploit that limitation - which is why a lot of learning to play NHL hockey is learning what NOT to do, because the guys you play against are also top talents. Stuff that Ghost can pull off may not be feasible for Sanheim.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
@Stizzle was Sanheim prone to blowing tires at other levels? He is definitely a great skater but I swear last year he went down surprisingly often on plays similar to last night where nobody was around and he lost an edge in a cross over or something.

P.S. I still think he is a great skater and think he will be a good player for a long time, I mean no disrespect to your son. Don't hurt me.

My memory is somewhat terrible, but yes probably. @FLYguy3911 watched just as many Calgary Hitmen games as I did back then. So, I feel like he'd have a better answer than me.
Nothing out of the ordinary but he also played about twice as many minutes there as he does in the NHL, so I think it might be a rhythm thing if anything. Unfortunately I don't see him playing a lot of minutes unless someone gets hurt. That's the only way you get a promotion in this organization apparently. :laugh:

He's the only player on the team that is not a regular on special teams. How???

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
He's the only player on the team that is not a regular on special teams. How???

SfYY9Ec.gif

200.gif

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
He played as much on the PK as Lehtera. :sarcasm:

Sanheim will get a bigger role once he earns it.
It's not complicated, look at Lindblom last year, came up, played a solid two way game and was the 2LW by his third game up.
If Sanheim continues to play like he did last night, he'll be getting 2nd pair minutes and more PK minutes in a couple weeks.

NicolasAubeKubel

Mar 3, 2018
He played as much on the PK as Lehtera. :sarcasm:

Sanheim will get a bigger role once he earns it.
It's not complicated, look at Lindblom last year, came up, played a solid two way game and was the 2LW by his third game up.
If Sanheim continues to play like he did last night, he'll be getting 2nd pair minutes and more PK minutes in a couple weeks.
I call bullshit

Reactions: Striiker

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
I call bull****

I'm not quite so sure of that anymore. Hakstol seemed to have learned a bit that he needs consistent play from his pairings and if Sanheim gives him that he'll probably get more ice time. MacDonald and Hagg are going to have a lot of bad games.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I'm not quite so sure of that anymore. Hakstol seemed to have learned a bit that he needs consistent play from his pairings and if Sanheim gives him that he'll probably get more ice time. MacDonald and Hagg are going to have a lot of bad games.
Mac is bulletproof. If he hasn’t been benched by now, nothing will do it. Hak can’t see what he really is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->