Confirmed with Link: Travis Konecny Signs Extension - 6 Years/$33M ($5.5M AAV)

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
His goal total being lower than others is partially because of low 5v5 time, low PP time, and being on joke PP units. Not to mention being wasted in the bottom six for months of 2017-2018. It'd be incredibly foolish to judge by raw goal totals. Although I love 25 goals being the cutoff when he's hit 24 twice. :laugh:

Feels like the "Coots has never breaken 40 points" argument redux.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The decline of Claude Giroux is probably the least of my concerns with the Flyers. I have little to no doubt that he has more ppg seasons in him, and will probably play another 8 years.

Send me what you're smoking.

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
DVHl.png

BIG CONGRATS, TK!

We love you. I can't wait for TK's performances in playoffs!

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
This is why I want the Leafs to miss the playoffs.
I'm a big Konecny fan (and have him in my keeper league) and came here to read all your thoughts on him hitting 60 points, and while I'm sorry for jumping in, it isn't fair to lump an entire fanbase together because some people had an opinion that didn't pan out in hindsight. I'm sure almost every single Leafs fan would prefer having Konecny now. Opinions from four years ago don't really matter now.

Super excited to see Konecny in the playoffs. He just seems like the kind of guy that breaks out in the playoffs and finds another level. He's going to be great to watch.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I'm a big Konecny fan (and have him in my keeper league) and came here to read all your thoughts on him hitting 60 points, and while I'm sorry for jumping in, it isn't fair to lump an entire fanbase together because some people had an opinion that didn't pan out in hindsight. I'm sure almost every single Leafs fan would prefer having Konecny now. Opinions from four years ago don't really matter now.

Super excited to see Konecny in the playoffs. He just seems like the kind of guy that breaks out in the playoffs and finds another level. He's going to be great to watch.
Oh of course, every fanbase has idiots who make the normal ones look bad. We have tons... on here, on twitter, everywhere. :laugh:

The post I screen-capped was just a fun quote because of the way he said it.

Reactions: Rob Brown

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
That dude wasn't only saying dumb shit back then. Look what he said about us re-signing TK to his contract:

Oct 7: 5.5 million is a fair price for a guy who's ceiling is 25 goals and 50 points a year. I guess.

Oct 9: Maybe 55. But it's a long shot.

Then was called out in Feb when TK got 51 points:

Feb 19th: And only 20 goals. Oh well. Maybe one day, he'll break 25 goals and 55 points. For 5.5 million.......he better.

Wish the thread had not been shut down. :(

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC

Yeah, I just have an irrational dislike for the leafs because I live in Canada, and am forced to watch coverage of them on TSN and Sportsnet all the time, nothing personal.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
That dude wasn't only saying dumb shit back then. Look what he said about us re-signing TK to his contract:

Oct 7: 5.5 million is a fair price for a guy who's ceiling is 25 goals and 50 points a year. I guess.

Oct 9: Maybe 55. But it's a long shot.

Then was called out in Feb when TK got 51 points:

Feb 19th: And only 20 goals. Oh well. Maybe one day, he'll break 25 goals and 55 points. For 5.5 million.......he better.

Wish the thread had not been shut down. :(

Can we @ him because I feel like we should @ him

Phillyfan28

Jun 3, 2013

“Not opinion.

Fact”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad