Confirmed with Link: Travis Konecny Signs Extension - 6 Years/$33M ($5.5M AAV)

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Flyers agree to terms with Travis Konecny on six-year extension

cut.jpg

Flyers agree to terms with Travis Konecny on six-year extension

prior thread -- So... Let's talk Konecny

Last edited:

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Just wanted to start this thread off with a few reminders:

-We don't know which side is being unreasonable (if either are)
-We don't know if it's money or term that's holding this up
-Until we find out what exactly the holdup is (if we ever do) it makes no sense to blame either side
-Either way, TK is not the one negotiating, so he has nothing to do with it

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
That’s what agents are for.

This 22 year old kid, with little education and zero business experience, isn’t the one handling the negotiation.
Yeah, that’s assumed. He’s definitely picking his spots for this. He wants X amount of dollars over X amount of years. It’s his agents job to do the best to get said AAV and Term his client wants.

TK says yes or no to the deal, the agent is just the messenger. It all goes through TK, sans legal stuff.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Yeah, that’s assumed. He’s definitely picking his spots for this. He wants X amount of dollars over X amount of years. It’s his agents job to do the best to get said AAV and Term his client wants.

TK says yes or no to the deal, the agent is just the messenger. It all goes through TK, sans legal stuff.

TK isn’t the one doing research on comparables and how much he’s worth.

He’ll say what kind of term he wants, long or short, but then it’s out of his hands. Then the agent takes over and tries to get him as much as possible.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
If TK wants to sign, he can sign anytime. The agent works for him to do all the negotiating but to think TK is not in the loop, is silly. The agent brings him offers...he is choosing to say no WITH THE ADVICE FROM THE AGENT.

And hey, Fletch has shown he is not a hardass in all the other deals, I am sure TK is no different.

But until info is leaked/released, it is still speculation. I just don't want RK's season effected by missing out on important practice time under a new coaching staff.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
He’ll say what kind of term he wants, long or short, but then it’s out of his hands. Then the agent takes over and tries to get him as much as possible.
We’re saying the exact same thing here.

A deal will get done, for TKs sake it should be soon. I don’t know enough to say that AVs remarks are a ploy or not, but all of this will come out soon enough.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
This is my fault, guys. :( I bought his jersey this spring.

Only half joking, the same damn thing happened after I bought an authentic Kam Chancellor. I got the man's name on me, and he's holding out.
I should stop buying jerseys.

Reactions: Larry44

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
If TK wants to sign, he can sign anytime. The agent works for him to do all the negotiating but to think TK is not in the loop, is silly. The agent brings him offers...he is choosing to say no WITH THE ADVICE FROM THE AGENT.

And hey, Fletch has shown he is not a hardass in all the other deals, I am sure TK is no different.

But until info is leaked/released, it is still speculation. I just don't want RK's season effected by missing out on important practice time under a new coaching staff.
Right, that’s basically what I’m saying. We don’t know which side is to blame here so making accusations or taking guesses is pointless. And yeah, of course the agent works for him, but it’s no different from going to the doctors. They work for you too, but you do what they say because you're paying for their expertise.

We also don’t even know if the problem is cash or term, yet multiple people are acting as if TK is just being greedy.

I’m not worried, these things can come together real fast, so as long as he doesn’t miss real games I don’t really care.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Who cares? No way should Fletcher overpay him.

By next year, Farabee will be a better player, so will Lindblom. And maybe Frost at LW.
TK had better sign soon, or he may find himself on a bad team with the Flyers obtaining a top 20 1st rd pick.
He's simply not a key cog, he's a good scorer, but we have plenty on the way.

It's pretty obvious it's money demands, Fletcher would sign him to a long-term deal yesterday if he gave a suitable discount.
But no GM in his right mind would overpay an inconsistent forward on a long-term deal when he has young forwards lined up like airplanes over Laguardia.
If TK wants big money, let him sign a 2 year bridge and prove he's worth it.

Reactions: Dornhoeffer

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Trade Konecny.

flyers_sign.0.jpg

Fly or die.

Stewart time.

No Stewart, but
G Couts Jake
JVR Hayes Oscar
Laughton Nolan Farabee

Could happen, TK won’t have the power Provy had , Flyers May wait him out.

Hope they don’t, but I’m sure AV will like that top line

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Establish a standard for evaluating this and I'll bet actual money against it.

All around play, And I'll accept your bet.
I'll even bet Magua agrees with me.
Farabee is a complete player at 19, can PK, play defense and has a more well rounded offensive package than TK.
Farabee has hockey IQ and anticipation in spades, and will always be more than the sum of his parts.
Once he fills out, he's got Allstar potential written all over him.

TK is a highlight film player, makes flash plays that get a lot of attention, makes a lot of bad plays that his fanboys overlook.

Reactions: Dornhoeffer

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
The continuing saga of deadhead, Flyers fan who overvalues even-strength scoring and hates Konecny, is just hilarious.
Pointing out someones flaws doesn't equal hate. Konecny is a good player, but he still makes a lot of bad decisions.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Also tk is our best es goalscorer, if there's anyone I would want to get paid it's him. You pay premium for your best players not depth pieces.
We were in a position to lock all of tk, sanheim and provy and even hayes depending on your opinion long term. Nothing against Raffl, Laughton or Braun, but they could be gone as soon as next year while we are left wondering how to fit our long term pieces under the cap.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad