Travis Hamonic has requested a trade PART II

Status
Not open for further replies.

muskratBear

Apr 9, 2012
Winnipeg
sorry isles fans, tough go.

would buff + burmistrov be enough for hamonic?

prob is buff is a ufa at the end of the year and will demand $$.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
sorry isles fans, tough go.

would buff + burmistrov be enough for hamonic?

prob is buff is a ufa at the end of the year and will demand $$.

I think that would do it if the Islander had absolutely no other choice and were guaranteed to sign Buff. Probably for me with Buff is I don't mind the 7M it's the 7 years that scares me.

I would look at other deals before this. Most logical trade I see with the jets is Myers, if Jets think Hamonic is better they make the trade, Islanders take the deal because it isn't going to get any better if you looking for a defenseman

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Colorado is a non-stop 2 hour flight to Winnipeg. JFK is a 7 to 8 hour trip with a layover. If he is going to try and go home often, that is a major difference. Also, being in the West means he plays teams in the West more with better ability to pivot to Winnipeg as needed.

I think we all need to take a step back and realize what we are saying when we are accusing someone who has been nothing but character up to this point that they want out of NYC and made up a fake serious family tragedy to do so. Especially someone who takes in young kids who have been through a tragic life experience that he has.

Occam's Razor. The answer is simple. Something big is going on in Hamonic's life that is bigger than hockey, to him at least. His patience in the timeline and his list of teams slightly expanding from Winnipeg given its isolation is because knows he is putting NYI in a tough spot.

For whatever reason, I think he needs to be in Canada. Probably due to customs at borders and airports. It can add time. Sometimes quite a bit.

Strome18

Oct 23, 2010
Florida
I think that Travis might have a baby out of wedlock. He may want to be close to the child but cannot uproot him from Canada without consent of the mother. I think this makes the most sense. She may be pregnant and will not leave Canada. So he may not need to move now but will need to move in time. It makes so much sense. He can fly in quicker from the west or maybe the girl has family on the west coast of Canada. Just an idea.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I think that Travis might have a baby out of wedlock. He may want to be close to the child but cannot uproot him from Canada without consent of the mother. I think this makes the most sense. She may be pregnant and will not leave Canada. So he may not need to move now but will need to move in time. It makes so much sense. He can fly in quicker from the west or maybe the girl has family on the west coast of Canada. Just an idea.

It's certainly possible. Who knows though. It'll be some time I think before we know.

RWWallpaper

Mar 9, 2006
Is Colorado desperate enough for a defenseman that they would part with Duchene? The thought of having JT and Duchene as our #1 and #2 down the middle would help heal the loss of Hammer...

First Blood

The Greiss Is Right!
Feb 17, 2014
Bradenton, FL
Is Colorado desperate enough for a defenseman that they would part with Duchene? The thought of having JT and Duchene as our #1 and #2 down the middle would help heal the loss of Hammer...

I'd do it. But we already have a logjam of centers as it is. Unless you move one of Duchene, Nielsen, or Grabovski to the wing

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Eberle, Kefblom & #1 ('17) - out
Myers, #1 ('16) - out
Hamonic & Ho-Sang - out

Kefblom & #1 ('16) & #1 ('17) - Isles
Myers & Ho-Sang - Edmonton
Hamonic & Eberle - Winnipeg

Thoughts?

Edmonton gets Younger and a better defenseman with experience. They also get rid of a big contract.
Isles get a Younger LD & 2 1st rounders. The Jets 1st rounder will be middle of the pack and Edmonton's may as well next year with a health team.
Jets get a Top#2 defenseman and a 2nd line forward.

I would prefer Trouba and a 1st but I do not see the Jets giving that up.

Myers is not a good D man--if the oilers go in for Hamonic--they go for him and no offence--right now I do not want Ho_Sang any where near the oilers--I want to see what he does next camp--like see if he is on time and of course--if you think oiler fans are strange now--just see them after trading Klefbom, Eberle and 2017 1st for Myers and Ho Sang

Islesin93*

Jan 29, 2008

she also could have possibly killed a person and is a fugitive of the law, and in case she is needing a place to hide she can stay with Travis in Canada, she can't stay with him in the states because she is going to get recognized at the border.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Would you...

Hamonic & Grabovski

for

Fayne & Eberle and pick

Personally, I hate all possible trade scenarios because Hamonic is exactly what the Isles need more of. This particular deal is also underwhelming, but how can the Isles possible get equal value? I'm not an Eberle fan (another smallish forward). But at least the Isles move a smallish forward in Grabovski out. As for Fayne, I'm not sure how well he has done on Edmonton, but he has played Stanley Cup level top four minutes for the Devils. Hopefully he can provide enough decent top four minutes for the rest of the year while the Isles improve long-term by introducing Pulock and or Mayfield.

As best stated above: This feels like a kick in the nuts!

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

We'd then have to move Nielsen+ (presumably) for defensive help. I don't think Nielsen will fetch a player of Hamonic's caliber alone, so we'd have to add somehow and hope someone became available.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Oilers fan coming in peace.

Im a fantasy hockey guy and follow the basic Stat categories: hits, TOI, points, plus minus. Just looking at those metrics Harmonic seems great. The bit of talk Ive heard before all this is that he has quietly establishing himself as a top pairing type guy.

However, the Isles have gone out of thier way to say he is a #3 on a team with no true #1 even. Some advanced stats people are not exactly singing his praises.

I only see him play a couple times a year and think he was very quiet in those games.

What is his story? Underrated? Does he carry his pairing or does his partner cover for him cause he is always trying to land the big hit? Can he skate or does he get caught flat footed a lot? Does he make outlet passes and carry it when needed or just dump it down the ice at the first sign of trouble? Is he consistent or still have stretches of bad games?

The more I dig, the less impressive he sounds and there is no doubt the Western Conference is a bigger more physical and Harmonic is not exactly big.

What is his story and strengths?

RWWallpaper

Mar 9, 2006
Getting a guy like Duchene, who's yet to turn 25, would be a very good get for Hammer. Then, as some mentioned earlier, we'd be in a position to deal off another forward for some defensive help. Maybe a decent backliner on a bit of a bloated contract.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006

Im a fantasy hockey guy and follow the basic Stat categories: hits, TOI, points, plus minus. Just looking at those metrics Harmonic seems great. The bit of talk Ive heard before all this is that he has quietly establishing himself as a top pairing type guy.

However, the Isles have gone out of thier way to say he is a #3 on a team with no true #1 even. Some advanced stats people are not exactly singing his praises.

I only see him play a couple times a year and think he was very quiet in those games.

What is his story? Underrated? Does he carry his pairing or does his partner cover for him cause he is always trying to land the big hit? Can he skate or does he get caught flat footed a lot? Does he make outlet passes and carry it when needed or just dump it down the ice at the first sign of trouble? Is he consistent or still have stretches of bad games?

The more I dig, the less impressive he sounds and there is no doubt the Western Conference is a bigger more physical and Harmonic is not exactly big.

Handle's big forwards just fine. He is bigger then he is listed in some places because he grew post draft. Excellent attitude in the physical department. In that he relishes playing physical. Good positioning and he is a great skater and can often skate the puck out on his own with ease.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

He's better than his partner and is arguably our best defender. He's mostly a defensive defenseman with some offensive upside to his game. He's big, physical, and has a nastiness to his game when he needs to. When he's paired against other teams top players he excels and really agitates them, especially Malkin.

A strong skater through the neutral zone, but where his offense lacks is his ability to create with the puck once he gains the zone. Tends to carry it wide, down the boards, and then throws it toward the net. Doesn't wow you with anything offensively or do anything unexpected.

He kills penalties and he can skate it out of trouble or pass it out. He's not an elite skater like Leddy, but certainly good enough. He loves the rough stuff and is a really solid defensive player who doesn't dog it.

There's not much to dislike about his game honestly. If you're of the opinion that there are 30 #1's in the league, he'd likely be a #1. If you're not, he's probably a #2 or #3 guy on a great team, mainly because of his lack of offense and he isn't an elite skater. We'd much rather keep him than trade him.

Oh, and he'll fight when it's necessary. Defends his teammates. Not Mike Tyson out there, but he can hold his own.

Last edited:

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Handle's big forwards just fine. He is bigger then he is listed in some places because he grew post draft. Excellent attitude in the physical department. In that he relishes playing physical. Good positioning and he is a great skater and can often skate the puck out on his own with ease.

Great stuff. Thanks for that. What are his weaknesses?

Do people agree that he is the Isles #3?

Tasteless Beaver

Here for the hot takes
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
I think this one is down to Winnipeg, and we don't really have much confirmation about the "western Canada" thing, it might be a cover to hide the source.

I think NYI wants Trouba, but Winnipeg isn't willing to deal him. If they were, the deal would have been done months ago. Winnipeg would likely give Myers, but it might not be enough for NYI. At this point, NYI doesn't really have many options, so that's probably be the best that they get, regardless of how much pressure goes on Winnipeg. NYI is at a disadvantage on the return they'll get, but if nobody pays up then Hamonic stays in New York and Snow is fine with that. Snow nor Hamonic benefit from a trade elsewhere, so I don't see that option being taken either. I say lock Chevy and Snow in a room for 48 hours and see what happens.

As a human being, I'd like Hamonic to go where he wants to go. Family is more important than a game, and I find it very unfortunate that some NYI fans are angry and saying some very distasteful things about him. He's not a piece of property and is not shackled to this game, it's his choice. In my opinion, he's handled it like a champion and should get nothing but respect if and when he leaves.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
He's better than his partner and is arguably our best defender. He's mostly a defensive defenseman with some offensive upside to his game. He's big, physical, and has a nastiness to his game when he needs to. When he's paired against other teams top players he excels and really agitates them, especially Malkin.

A strong skater through the neutral zone, but where his offense lacks is his ability to create with the puck once he gains the zone. Tends to carry it wide, down the boards, and then throws it toward the net. Doesn't wow you with anything offensively or do anything unexpected.

He kills penalties and he can skate it out of trouble or pass it out. He's not an elite skater like Leddy, but certainly good enough. He loves the rough stuff and is a really solid defensive player who doesn't dog it.

There's not much to dislike about his game honestly. If you're of the opinion that there are 30 #1's in the league, he'd likely be a #1. If you're not, he's probably a #2 or #3 guy on a great team, mainly because of his lack of offense and he isn't an elite skater. We'd much rather keep him than trade him.

Oh, and he'll fight when it's necessary. Defends his teammates. Not Mike Tyson out there, but he can hold his own.

Couldn't have been stated any better.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011

He sounds like a young nick Schultz back in Minny before his injuries and age caught up to him.

Sucks he asked for a trade, no matter what the reason that hurts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad