Status
Not open for further replies.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
la la la I see nothing la la la

You should have thrown in Okposo as well. :D

We already have a size issue on the blueline. Unless a bunch of crazy deals go down it won't be Eberle or Hamonic. We really need someone with size to replace him on the blue line. Maybe a three way with the 3rd team getting Eberle, but last I looked defense in general is a seller's market. Defensively sound, mobile defense even more so. Throw in term on a contract at a sweet price and he is even more incredible. But even if Snow would look at a forward why is he going to go with a smallish wing who is defensively challenged to put on a 1st line that is, in general, defensively challenged already? It doesn't make any sense. The only Oiler forward I could see Snow trading for is Hall and I know Edm won't do that no matter how we balanced the trade.

IMO of course.

Yeah I don't see the deal there. Trust me, after the first 500 offers I started to lose my mind too.

I wish there was a deal to be made around Edler and Hamonic but you guys need RHD and we need it too. I'll be mega pissed if Hamonic ends up in Edmonton just to be overplayed and ruined.

Colorado might be a good fit but I don't see how it helps with travel to Winnipeg.

Really I just want him to go to the best place he needs to be without hampering the Islanders at all.

Strome18

Oct 23, 2010
Florida
Eberle, Kefblom & #1 ('17) - out
Myers, #1 ('16) - out
Hamonic & Ho-Sang - out

Kefblom & #1 ('16) & #1 ('17) - Isles
Myers & Ho-Sang - Edmonton
Hamonic & Eberle - Winnipeg

Thoughts?

Edmonton gets Younger and a better defenseman with experience. They also get rid of a big contract.
Isles get a Younger LD & 2 1st rounders. The Jets 1st rounder will be middle of the pack and Edmonton's may as well next year with a health team.
Jets get a Top#2 defenseman and a 2nd line forward.

I would prefer Trouba and a 1st but I do not see the Jets giving that up.

Last edited:

Space Herpe

Arch Duke of Raleigh
Aug 29, 2008
I'm posting this again until someone gets it!

I can't quote from the locked thread, but Ledpipe asked to be "caught up"

This was my reply.

Brooklyn
Asked for a trade
If the trade was easy, it would've been done by now
Liked to be traded to a western Canadian team
Edmonton?
Yearning to go home?

Isles5513

Please don't lose
May 18, 2014
Long Island
Still feels like such a kick in the nuts.

That's a great way to describe it. You could go even further and say it's like a kick in the nuts while...actually, I'm not going to say it as I don't want to get banned.

But anyway, I'm still very depressed about this. I'm hoping this is just a nightmare but the longer it goes on, the closer to acceptance I get.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Oilers fan in peace and I am not going to throw a proposal or anything on here, however, I read someone saying Dreger is an Edmonton reporter. That is completely false. The only TSN reporters Edmonton has are Rishaug, Gregor and Nielson. Dreger is a Leafs reporter. I don't even believe Dreger on 95% of anything Edmonton related too. Now if it was Mckenzie or Lebrun, I would listen to it.

Just FYI.

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
How about:

Yakupov, Kefblom & #1 ('17) - out
Myers and a goalie prospect- out
Hamonic - out

Kefblom & Yakupov & #1 ('17) - Isles
Myers and goalie prospect - Edmonton
Hamonic - Winnipeg

Still too much, take out Yak. We also don't really need a goalie prospect

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Myers, #1 ('16) - out
Hamonic & Ho-Sang - out

Thoughts?

Edmonton gets Younger and a better defenseman with experience. They also get rid of a big contract.
Isles get a Younger LD & 2 1st rounders. The Jets 1st rounder will be middle of the pack and Edmonton's may as well next year with a health team.

Snow already said he does not want picks.

Abe Vukota

Free 2ndGenIslander
Jul 23, 2007
I'm posting this again until someone gets it!

I can't quote from the locked thread, but Ledpipe asked to be "caught up"

This was my reply.

Brooklyn
Asked for a trade
If the trade was easy, it would've been done by now
Liked to be traded to a western Canadian team
Edmonton?
Yearning to go home?

It really is all about Chainz, isn't it? No matter how Hamonic tries to hide it, it's even spelled out in acrostic form in your recap.

Here are the players I'd consider taking back:
Burmistrov
Anisimov
Iginla
Little
Eberle
Yakupov

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Oilers fan in peace and I am not going to throw a proposal or anything on here, however, I read someone saying Dreger is an Edmonton reporter. That is completely false. The only TSN reporters Edmonton has are Rishaug, Gregor and Nielson. Dreger is a Leafs reporter. I don't even believe Dreger on 95% of anything Edmonton related too. Now if it was Mckenzie or Lebrun, I would listen to it.

Just FYI.

We know, but thanks. Dreger is the anus of the Leaf propaganda machine.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
I revised...

Yakupov, Kefblom & #1 ('17) - out
Myers and a goalie prospect- out
Hamonic - out

Kefblom & Yakupov & #1 ('17) - Isles
Myers and goalie prospect - Edmonton
Hamonic - Winnipeg

I would say the chances Snow would trade anything for Yakupov is right up there with the chances Capuano puts Strait on the bench for the rest of the year.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Myers, #1 ('16) - out
Hamonic & Ho-Sang - out

Thoughts?

Klefbom and Nurse might as well be Prime Lidstrom and Pronger according to Oilers fans. Let's hope Chiarelli is more realistic.

islescoop

Jul 24, 2011
I'm guessing Winnipeg is the only true option. They probably offered Tyler Myers and isles leaked to rest of the market trying to drive price up to Trouba.. Let's see if snow can work a miracle. What would reaction be for Trouba straight up?

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
If hammer is ok with Colorado than this tells me it's not just about his family and also has to do with getting out of New York. I wanna know which ******* on the team banged his fiancé behind his back or even worse pulled and finch and Dalonte West on him.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I'm guessing Winnipeg is the only true option. They probably offered Tyler Myers and isles leaked to rest of the market trying to drive price up to Trouba.. Let's see if snow can work a miracle. What would reaction be for Trouba straight up?

Considering the circumstances I'd be thrilled. That's about the best we could hope for.

Strome18

Oct 23, 2010
Florida
If hammer is ok with Colorado than this tells me it's not just about his family and also has to do with getting out of New York. I wanna know which ******* on the team banged his fiancé behind his back or even worse pulled and finch and Dalonte West on him.

Healthcare facilities for ALS or Alzheimer's maybe better out west.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad