Travis Hamonic has requested a trade PART II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Klefbom and Nurse might as well be Prime Lidstrom and Pronger according to Oilers fans. Let's hope Chiarelli is more realistic.

I remember multiple times last year when Oilers fans were offering Hall for Hamonic. Now when it's time to pony up they can't even give a bag of pucks :laugh:

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
I remember multiple times last year when Oilers fans were offering Hall for Hamonic. Now when it's time to pony up they can't even give a bag of pucks :laugh:

One would assume they would jump on the opportunity to overpay because it's not often players have Edmonton as a preferred trade destination.

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
FWIW, I think Garth called around at the begining of the season and didnt get anything he wanted. I think Hamonic was OK with it and will stay as long as necessary, whatever his situation is is not THAT serious. One of the teams Garth offered Hamonic too didnt want to pay up and maybe now their season isnt going as well as hoped so that GM leaked this info to try and lower Hamonics value.

Poliz24

Jun 25, 2012
LI
This might be a reach but what would you think the reaction would of been if we traded Hamonic before the start of the year and we find out AFTER, the reason he got traded was due to family/personal reasons? None of us want him dealt. But just think of the reactions, I feel like he would be looked upon with more anger. I can see some fans saying "AH suck it up your a pro athlete". I know people are saying it now already and deservedly so. I think it looks better for Hamonic in regards to fans perception that we find out why before he gets traded. It kind of softens the loss of Hamonic but ultimately it doesn't since he isn't/won't be an islander at some point. No one wants him traded. This is just a sport, sometimes life/family is more important.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
If hammer is ok with Colorado than this tells me it's not just about his family and also has to do with getting out of New York. I wanna know which ******* on the team banged his fiancé behind his back or even worse pulled and finch and Dalonte West on him.

Colorado is a non-stop 2 hour flight to Winnipeg. JFK is a 7 to 8 hour trip with a layover. If he is going to try and go home often, that is a major difference. Also, being in the West means he plays teams in the West more with better ability to pivot to Winnipeg as needed.

I think we all need to take a step back and realize what we are saying when we are accusing someone who has been nothing but character up to this point that they want out of NYC and made up a fake serious family tragedy to do so. Especially someone who takes in young kids who have been through a tragic life experience that he has.

Occam's Razor. The answer is simple. Something big is going on in Hamonic's life that is bigger than hockey, to him at least. His patience in the timeline and his list of teams slightly expanding from Winnipeg given its isolation is because knows he is putting NYI in a tough spot.

Rhino1985

Jul 3, 2015
Colorado is a non-stop 2 hour flight to Winnipeg. JFK is a 7 to 8 hour trip with a layover. If he is going to try and go home often, that is a major difference. Also, being in the West means he plays teams in the West more with better ability to pivot to Winnipeg as needed.

I think we all need to take a step back and realize what we are saying when we are accusing someone who has been nothing but character up to this point that they want out of NYC and made up a fake serious family tragedy to do so. Especially someone who takes in young kids who have been through a tragic life experience that he has.

Occam's Razor. The answer is simple. Something big is going on in Hamonic's life that is bigger than hockey, to him at least. His patience in the timeline and his list of teams slightly expanding from Winnipeg given its isolation is because knows he is putting NYI in a tough spot.

Great post. :yo:

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011
My thoughts on this is....I'm really sorry, truly for whatever the issue at home. But this is a business, and the fact he's young, very good and under a great contract. The fact that he is giving the Islander so little to work with is just not right at all. I mean, going to the west coast in general, he is closer to home. So if I'm the islanders I expand the list themselves I don't believe he has a no trade. The fact that this was leaked by someone makes me wonder too.

If I'm the Islanders, you can't jeopardize the season, the playoffs and the future just because of his request and get less. He mentioned in a statement he'll wait and would play out this year. Then, that's what I'd do. Play the season with him, obviously if a good deal comes up take it. But my guess, in the off-season during the draft would be the best time and where you'll get more of a fair value for him.

Islesin93*

Jan 29, 2008
I wouldn't be surprised if Hamonic told Snow he really wanted to go back to Winnipeg, and this is all a game to make Winnipeg give their best offer, it is pointless to get traded to Minneapolis or Edmonton who are the closest teams because you are still going to be hundreds of miles away and you are going to be practicing or having games during the course of the season so when would he go home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad