Confirmed with Link: Travis Hamonic has requested a trade Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Hey guys, not going to inundate you with more trade stuff but I would take anything Dreger says with a grain (or a pound) of salt. He's a notorious bull****ter that really only had questionable connections with any team Nonis was affiliated with. And honestly as a TSN Edmonton report they're going to hype up the obvious bias there.

I can at least attest has has less than 0 insider sources in the Canucks organziation.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Hey guys, not going to inundate you with more trade stuff but I would take anything Dreger says with a grain (or a pound) of salt. He's a notorious bull****ter that really only had questionable connections with any team Nonis was affiliated with. And honestly as a TSN Edmonton report they're going to hype up the obvious bias there.

I can at least attest has has less than 0 insider sources in the Canucks organziation.

Thanks for defending us against the Oiler horde on the main boards.

The Isles probably get the least media coverage in the NHL. Staple has the most credibility because he hangs with team and interacts with the players and staff. It's clear Snow doesn't tell him anything substantial either. That's kind of it.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
You're a credit to the board. I had a GIF in mind, but :(
It involved fire, melting faces, and Indiana Jones.

Hey, speaking of fire, the Flames might be a good trading partner, especially if you're someone trying to bring his post back on topic.

That's a very fitting gif. I approve.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Thanks for defending us against the Oiler horde on the main boards.

The Isles probably get the least media coverage in the NHL. Staple has the most credibility because he hangs with team and interacts with the players and staff. It's clear Snow doesn't tell him anything substantial either. That's kind of it.

I fight the good fight on occasion.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
Not until the trade of Hammer. Snow needs to understand the budget and dollars, since the incoming $$s will undoubtedly be higher than Hammer.

I don't think the money will undoubtedly be higher than Hammers. It is likely though. If we are getting a top 4 defenseman back it will likely be a guy that is a bit younger than Hamonic. Someone like Klefbom, Brodie, Trouba, etc. I think Snow will end up with a forward though.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
I fight the good fight on occasion.

Did you ban the use of the name Eberle?

On the topic, I think the NHL helped some bad must-trade situations in the past - Pronger from the Oilers and Lindros to the Avs. This is a unique situation and there is such a small pool of teams to pick from it isn't going to be easy to get anything that meets need & salary requirements.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Did you ban the use of the name Eberle?

On the topic, I think the NHL helped some bad must-trade situations in the past - Pronger from the Oilers and Lindros to the Avs. This is a unique situation and there is such a small pool of teams to pick from it isn't going to be easy to get anything that meets need & salary requirements.

No I haven't.

But have you guys considered this possibility?

Hamonic for....

Wait for it.....

Eberle. Totally crazy I know.

Just as a heads up some Kreda dude is saying you guys will take "a scoring forward who has chemsitry with Tavares" if you can't get a D man but the tweet was Edmonton based.

Just to save your sanity.

Strome18

Oct 23, 2010
Florida
I don't think the money will undoubtedly be higher than Hammers. It is likely though. If we are getting a top 4 defenseman back it will likely be a guy that is a bit younger than Hamonic. Someone like Klefbom, Brodie, Trouba, etc. I think Snow will end up with a forward though.

Their current contract maybe coming to an end and may need a raise above Hammer's team friendly contract. That is why I think additions will be added to offset Hammer the player and that contract.

NYI365

Let's Go Islanders!
Jun 5, 2011
Merrick, NY
Good piece on tonight's Insider Trading. The Insiders believe the top 5 teams pursuing Hammer are EDM, CGY, WPG, MIN, and COL. [Tweet]667491787083284480[/Tweet]

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
What should more concern my fellow oiler fans is the fact the Oilers have been chasing Hamonic since the draft and nothing has happened. For me, whatever the oilers are actually offering and not what any of us think they are offering is nowhere in the ball park and when the deal comes and it is not to the oilers--then the oiler faithful may go a little nuts. When the oilers got Reinhart and the Flames Hamilton--it got right down strange on the board and still is on the subject--if Hamoric goes to the Flames, the Oiler fans will go nuts--just a little bit--for me based upon all the information we have--the only way an oiler/NYI trade works is if a third team gets involved and I do not see the happening

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
Their current contract maybe coming to an end and may need a raise above Hammer's team friendly contract. That is why I think additions will be added to offset Hammer the player and that contract.

Thats fair. One of the reason's why I would target Klefbom is because he is signed long term to a team friendly contract. He is big, has good offensive skills, only 22 years old, and plays on the left side, which I think is important because of Pulock and Mayfield.

From Edmonton the players I would want a trade to be centered around is Klefbom, Nurse, or RNH
From Colorado Duchene or Barrie
From Minnesota Brodin
From Calgary Brodie
From Winnipeg Trouba

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
I wonder what COL is offering? That could be interesting. Duchene ? Barrie?

I have a feeling nothing happens and Hamonic stays an isles for the rest of the season.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
No I haven't.

But have you guys considered this possibility?

Hamonic for....

Wait for it.....

Eberle. Totally crazy I know.

Just as a heads up some Kreda dude is saying you guys will take "a scoring forward who has chemsitry with Tavares" if you can't get a D man but the tweet was Edmonton based.

Just to save your sanity.
la la la I see nothing la la la

You should have thrown in Okposo as well. :D

We already have a size issue on the blueline. Unless a bunch of crazy deals go down it won't be Eberle or Hamonic. We really need someone with size to replace him on the blue line. Maybe a three way with the 3rd team getting Eberle, but last I looked defense in general is a seller's market. Defensively sound, mobile defense even more so. Throw in term on a contract at a sweet price and he is even more incredible. But even if Snow would look at a forward why is he going to go with a smallish wing who is defensively challenged to put on a 1st line that is, in general, defensively challenged already? It doesn't make any sense. The only Oiler forward I could see Snow trading for is Hall and I know Edm won't do that no matter how we balanced the trade.

IMO of course.

Strome18

Oct 23, 2010
Florida
How about:

Eberle, Kefblom & #1 ('17) - out
Myers, #1 ('16) - out
Hamonic & Ho-Sang - out

Kefblom & #1 ('16) & #1 ('17) - Isles
Myers & Ho-Sang - Edmonton
Hamonic & Eberle - Winnepeg

Status