Confirmed with Link: Travis Hamonic has requested a trade Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strome18

Oct 23, 2010
Florida
We ought to come up with a strategy. I for one am willing to change my username to either Felix Unger or Tony Randall. Or Tony Unger or Felix Randall.

How about Dumb and Dumber...

200_s.gif

:laugh::laugh::D

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
You've officially lost it today Dan-o. I guess the Oiler fans got to you.

Gotta give credit to MM with the Buffalo hate. I lost interest because they're irrelevant to us. I'm getting old, no endurance on my part.

Felix Unger

Aug 2, 2005
You've officially lost it today Dan-o. I guess the Oiler fans got to you.

Gotta give credit to MM with the Buffalo hate. I lost interest because they're irrelevant to us. I'm getting old, no endurance on my part.

You just need to find a nice young man to help you along.

Yashin for President

Jan 14, 2007
Bestchester
I think if the Isles can get Klefbom back that would be a steal. The kid is really talented, he really doesn't get enough credit. Is he the same type of player as Hammer, obviously not but he has some serious skill. Think a faster Kenny Jonsson.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
I think Oiler fans are worse than Buffalo fans. They're just as willing, but less skilled at trolling. Is that possible?

You have officially made my life that much better. I give you the GOAT name change vote.

For your awesome work I grant you one of my favorite sketches from the show....

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I think Oiler fans are worse than Buffalo fans. They're just as willing, but less skilled at trolling. Is that possible?

how am I trolling?

IS Hamoric one of the best D in the league--YEs
IS it going to cost to get him --YES
Am willing to pay to get him ? Yes-

I believe the Snow said he wants the other teams Hamoric in return and on the oilers that is either Klefbom or Nurse

Eberle is a first liner--24/28 goals in the past two season--in the new NHL 20+ Goals makes you a first liner--used to be 30

Any trade with Hamoric will be a blockbuster and if a bidding war starts--Snow could make a killing

Hamoric is on a GREAT DEAL and I do mean great deal for what he does and that increases his value

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
how am I trolling?

IS Hamoric one of the best D in the league--YEs
IS it going to cost to get him --YES
Am willing to pay to get him ? Yes-

I believe the Snow said he wants the other teams Hamoric in return and on the oilers that is either Klefbom or Nurse

Eberle is a first liner--24/28 goals in the past two season--in the new NHL 20+ Goals makes you a first liner--used to be 30

Any trade with Hamoric will be a blockbuster and if a bidding war starts--Snow could make a killing

Hamoric is on a GREAT DEAL and I do mean great deal for what he does and that increases his value

I don't think we're talking about you, it's more about your friends on the main boards.

Strome18

Oct 23, 2010
Florida
why is it hamonic +?

What makes Trouba that much better than Hamonic? Trouba has regressed this year . though small sample size. Hamonic is from Winnipeg, bigger draw for the ownership group, though I assume they are not hurting, for a hometown kid.

I am not stating an Ehlers type but maybe another player or prospect/draft pick.

I was stating the reason why it should be Trouba+ not Hamonic+

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Just a reminder to the visitors - Hamonic has said he will wait as long as it takes for a reasonable deal as he placed the burden on the team. I just read through the last three pages of one of the main board threads, never saw Eberle's name.... I think people are realizing this is not a must-happen-now thing. Either they get value back or we keep him.

I look forward to the next two weeks going by quietly, with Travis playing hard and the fire from this issue being reduced to a slow burn in the background. One day we will be surprised, hopefully pleasantly.

I still hold out hope this doesn't come to pass. This club is better with him. It is too bad he can't take half a year off like an FMLA case or figure out some way to at least go part time for a while now.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
Sorry--I was confused. For me--the only guys not not on the table for Hamoric are McDavid, Hall and Leon D--all other players are on the table..

The fact he is on such a good deal increases his value

I would be interested in RNH, i dont think many will agree with me here though.

If Snow adds RNH he could easily turn around and send Strome to another team for a good defenseman.

Strome18

Oct 23, 2010
Florida
With this situation known for 2 months. It makes Okie and Franz not signing understandable. Snow needs to make a trade and will not know how much of a cap hit ti will be given that the best contract on the team, outside of Franz will need to move.

stranger34

Mar 6, 2007
Nassau County
One thing i'm surprised isnt being brought up more is hamonic's injury history. A couple more concussions and he could have career jeopardizing issues.

As to the trade request. It's strange. It will be very telling if he goes somewhere that isn't all that much closer / convenient than NYC is. If he goes to Winnipeg then clearly the isles were trying to do right by him and it must be a truly problematic situation.

If I were the isles I would send him home for a month to be with his family and let him clear his head. He might change his mind.

He might just be stressed out and fed up if he is a homebody to begin with, who just spent a whole summer rehabbing an injury + finding out about a personal issue and now having to change to a new venue commute. Dude might just need a break and to have the isles show they will do as much as they can to accommodate him... He might see things differently.

Abe Vukota

Free 2ndGenIslander
Jul 23, 2007
I'm not too sure honestly. According to some people I only like P(ulock)ILFS.

You're a credit to the board. I had a GIF in mind, but :(
It involved fire, melting faces, and Indiana Jones.

Hey, speaking of fire, the Flames might be a good trading partner, especially if you're someone trying to bring his post back on topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad