Confirmed with Link: Travis Hamonic has requested a trade Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I don't buy this one bit.
Very quietly, the New York Islanders are trying a manoeuvre a difficult situation — the possibility of trading Travis Hamonic.

Hamonic, a talented 25-year-old defender who does tremendous things off the ice, is in play, although the exact reasons are private.

One rumour indicated it was because he was unhappy with the unusual Long Island–Brooklyn setup for the team’s players, but a few sources blew that rationale out of the water.

“Nothing to do with it,†one said.

“This was a possibility before games began this season,†said another.
“The problem with them trading Travis Hamonic,†one exec said, “is they want… Travis Hamonic.â€
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/new-york-islanders-trying-to-trade-hamonic/

Bolded gives off the impression Hamonic/his agent are the one's pushing this.

Last edited:

2Olson

Nov 10, 2014
as much as I would love to see Eberle of Hall on JT's wing I just think losing hamonic for one of those guys makes the team worse.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I wouldn't have any interest in a Hamonic/Eberle swap.

In fact, I would stop supporting this team if that swap went down.

RMimagery

Jul 22, 2006
Travis is on a great contract and seemed to be one of the least likely to be in this discussion.

Our D is finally close to being complete with the additions of Mayfield/Pulock/Pelech, but they would need seasoning before they're ready for a deep run. Obviously, Strait and Zidlicky aren't here much longer and someone would have to be moved amongst the regulars or prospects, but Travis???

Just really surprised and and a bit miffed to see this.

Spybot

May 12, 2014
I expected to comment "please don't post anymore Eklund garbage". But if true, this would break a lot of peoples' hearts. Rest assured there's not much wrong with his contract or his game. If he's unhappy with the franchise for some reason, that's much worse.

I'll be very disappointed if I don't see Hamonic the Islander in the playoffs again. Can't imagine the return that would make this bearable.

Strome18

Oct 23, 2010
Florida
This is a big if, if Mayfield, Pelech and Pulock are ready and can perform at Hamonic level, I would consider a trade.

You have Leddy, Boychuk, DeHaan, Hickey, Pelech, Mayfield and Pulock.

Hammer for Hall and a 1st?

I would take that. JT has his LW and we also get the 1st rounder from Edmonton to replenish the system with a top "D".

This is a big if but I would consider it given the players stated above.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I expected to comment "please don't post anymore Eklund garbage". But if true, this would break a lot of peoples' hearts. Rest assured there's not much wrong with his contract or his game. If he's unhappy with the franchise for some reason, that's much worse.

I'll be very disappointed if I don't see Hamonic the Islander in the playoffs again. Can't imagine the return that would make this bearable.

The thing is, with trading someone like Hamonic, you aren't likely to get fair value back.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Only way this makes sense is for a #1 D in return. Hamonic and Strome for a #1 is the only thing that would make me happy about a trade.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
What kind of D is Hamonic?
Could something be worked around Hamonic and Barrie? (with adds, as needed)

I don't know much about Barrie, and I don't want to trade Hamonic.

Can't help you with that question right now.

Spybot

May 12, 2014
The thing is, with trading someone like Hamonic, you aren't likely to get fair value back.

If there's rumors that he wants out then there's definitely no chance to get a fair return back.

Eberle's not worth it. Whatever Oilers trade that doesn't somehow include Hall or Klefbom wouldn't be very meaningful.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Only way this makes sense is for a #1 D in return. Hamonic and Strome for a #1 is the only thing that would make me happy about a trade.

This. There is no way any one of the kids step into #3's shoes this year or next defensively. Add to it that Flintstone won't play a rookie consistently as a 3rd pairing, you would be looking at Brian Strait as a top 4 defenseman for at least this year if we don't get a #1 back. I just hope this is an Internet rumor that is quickly squashed.

Strome18

Oct 23, 2010
Florida
Would Wheeler, Myers and a 1st to send Hamonic back home work for both parties?

Or Trouba, Ehlers and a 2nd? ;)

Last edited:

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
What is Friedman's track record on this type of stuff?

You'll get different opinions from people, but he's pretty solid. A tick below MacKenzie and Lebrun (whom have also been wrong on Isles stuff themselves).

BH4991

Jul 4, 2006
I tell you what if a guy like Travis Hamonic is asking for a trade because of the Brooklyn situation, we are going to have problems with this from a lot of guys. This is not good, and I'm praying it isn't the case.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
This was the only reason I could think of it being true and yep, there it is.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
I tell you what if a guy like Travis Hamonic is asking for a trade because of the Brooklyn situation, we are going to have problems with this from a lot of guys. This is not good, and I'm praying it isn't the case.

Friedman said it wasn't about Brooklyn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad