Confirmed with Link: Canucks re-sign HC Travis Green to multi-year extension.

Why do Green and his staff not have an extension?

• Total voters

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
$650,000,000 divided by 30 teams = $21,600,000 (est.)

With Seattle's expansion fee coming soon, if not already, that should help with those pesky front office and coaching costs. Unless they have other plans for the dough that are not hockey related. Hmmn.......

Ninjadude

Oct 25, 2018
Sorry Travis, but l see is a....
upload_2021-5-13_13-36-35.jpeg

Last edited:

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Somebody on Twitter compared this to Vancouver negotiating against themselves like they did with Tanner Pearson.

you cant tell me if Vancouver finished the season that teams are going to be lining up to offer green a contract.

elliot Friedman is full of s___ believing he is highly valued around the league.
Dhaliwal claims that NYR have have an interest in Green..?
but..but...no one is going is going to offer Green a contract...?

Hope you're appeased when Cull is named head coach of the Canucks

F A N

Aug 12, 2005

Maybe the Rangers will hire Bob Hartley.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
How would Dhaliwal know when he is under contract?
and they have already approached Gallant literally for an interview

NYR is probably short-listing people they want to talk to, but I highly doubt they've talked to anyone yet. And of course, they cannot talk to Green without the Canucks' permission at this point. But they'll be able to talk to him freely before too long if they so desire.

"Interest in talking to" isn't "they're going to hire him", though.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
NYR is probably short-listing people they want to talk to, but I highly doubt they've talked to anyone yet. And of course, they cannot talk to Green without the Canucks' permission at this point. But they'll be able to talk to him freely before too long if they so desire.

"Interest in talking to" isn't "they're going to hire him", though.

Anybody within that organization can't even mention interest in Green unless they want another 6 figure fine like Toronto got with the sedins.
NYR interest is more speculation from an agent's perspective

Insider trading just today said they are talking with Gallant right now as he prepares to lead team Canada.
They were granted permission and have made contact with him

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr. Canucklehead

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
It is amazing how Greener, salt of the earth, man of the people, caught the mendacity bug when asked a few days ago if Gadget was in the lineup he responded that "He needs more time to get his legs under him", whatever that means.

What I suspect Greener meant is that no one on the Canucks had ever actually read the NHL Rule book and was TRIPPED up when they tried to put Gadget on the active roster.

Last edited:

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I do think Bob Hartley may be a darkhorse candidate for the Rangers job. He was Drury's first NHL coach (Drury won the Calder), Hartley has won a Stanley Cup (pedigree), and he's fresh off a KHL championship (team has some Russian players).

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles

Uhhh nobody said that Green won’t get a next gig, people are saying that if he coached the same way he did here in his next gig, he wont ‘t get a gig after that.

Good luck to him wherever the hell he goes, just hope we can get someone with some defensive structure and less dump and chase.
Cull would suck, there is something I can agree on.

TeddyBare

Jul 28, 2016
Mississauga, Ontario
If he is appreciated around the league, it more then likely arose from the Playoff run that Vancouver went on last season.

His Regular Season record as Vancouver's Head Coach:
66-98 (combined OT losses with regulation losses)

His Playoff record as Vancouver's Head Coach:
10-7

If he decides to test the market, he would be competing with
Brind'amour
Gallant
Babcock
Hartley
Tortorella
Boudreau
Tochett

is there currently 5-6 openings? (Kraken, Zona, NYR, Sabres, Jackets)

Arizona looks to be going with a University coach from a few sources, probably because you can get them for a third of salary.

Ryan Strome said in his end of season presser that the message from the team was
"we have to make the playoffs"
That doesnt sound like a fit for Travis Green, or maybe it does.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I do find the media outrage with the 'twisting in the wind' stuff pretty odd when you take a step back.

Is it an outrage that Alex Edler is 'twisting in the wind' when he'd like to come back for another year and his contract is up? Why is Green different?

And this situation isn't that unusual. I mean, f***, Barry Trotz won a Cup while in this exact situation.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Well tonight the Canucks are collectively making a great statement on the retention of Greener.

But in his defence, the Flames had the last change.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Todd Nelson is an interesting name. He was a head coach for half a season when Eakins got fired by the Oilers, but he has a winning record and current NHL assistant in Dallas. Or Ted Donato who is Harvard's coach for the USA/College connection.

I have no problem with Babcock humbling our locker room, but he's not trying to destroy his reputation further.

J Corso

Sep 22, 2020
Fanny Bay
Why the hell would any team hire Green? His stellar work in benching young guys or giving them almost no minutes? His amazing bottom of the standings results year after year? His "4D thinking" when putting the most incomprehensible line combinations together?

He should be behind every other name mentioned here.

If I was running a team I would look at college and ahl coaches before I ever considered Green.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad