Confirmed with Link: Canucks re-sign HC Travis Green to multi-year extension.

Why do Green and his staff not have an extension?

• Total voters

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
The more I listen to the Clip, Makes me think hes just guessing.
Gonna update Title

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
The concept of something being impossible hasn't stopped this management and Ownership before. I don't see why it would stop them now.

Yeah but it's not that simple. A singular franchise owner cannot move a team, it requires a ratified majority from all member clubs whose interests lie in capturing the largest markets possible for revenue sharing purposes and larger TV deals.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013

I agree 100% with Taj.
I feel They will fire the Assistant coaches + Weisbrod, keep jim and green and have sedins as assistant GM.
I think people would be pretty satisfied with that honestly.

That would be an absolute win and tees up the Sedins to be future GMs, similar to how Chris Drury was groomed.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Is there anything other than Taj's tweet about Weisbrod being scapegoated?

Is it a scapegoat if he's actually massively responsible for this whole mess?

Edit: Found it. Guys, don't just post Taj's stuff without the relevant tweet he's referencing. He's not a source of anything credible.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Is there anything other than Taj's tweet about Weisbrod being scapegoated?

Is it a scapegoat if he's actually massively responsible for this whole mess?

His tweet is based on what Donnie and Dhaliwal were discussing on their show mentioning that there will be changes to the front office to levels below Jim, Weisbrod was specifically named.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
His tweet is based on what Donnie and Dhaliwal were discussing on their show mentioning that there will be changes to the front office to levels below Jim, Weisbrod was specifically named.

He had actually tweet that Hirsch mentioned it. I updated my post once I found it.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Chris Drury was groomed under a top GM and we don't even know yet if he's any good.

Getting groomed by a mouthbreathing imbecile who is probably wearing an adult diaper and is terrible at every aspect of his job is not a 'win', although maybe the Sedins are smart enough to learn what not to do and do the exact opposite.

k2e2lL.gif

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Could be a sorta blame game. Benning blames Weisbrod for all the screw ups when its the much more likely scenario that both of them screwed up.

The actual conversation is "We like working with you Jim and believe in the overall direction of the club but clearly some things aren't working and we need to make a few sweeping changes to the visible front office members." Which is corporate speak for "we need to appease the masses/employees to boost morale and restructure your team".

Reactions: AppleHoneySauce

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Here’s my best guess:
1. Weisbrod out. Jim takes over his duties.
2. Travis Green gone. Meet the new coach, Jim Elmer Benning.
3. Ian Clarke gone. Benning as goalie coach.
4. Finn given his walking papers. A new larger costume ordered with Benning taking over the mascot role.

A win win. The Aquilinis save money and the fans get ‘real change’.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I'm for adding the Sedins, but it would be incredibly stupid to partner Benning with Sedins and Gear. We should be looking to bring in a President of Hockey Operations and or an experienced senior advisor. Drury not only had Gorton, he had JD and Sather around as well.

One thing about talking to guys like Courtnall and the Sedins is that they actually be very old school guys who believe in the same playing the "right way" as Benning. So another voice and fresh set of eyes in the room might not have the same impact as one would hope.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Personally I'm now torn on the Green thing. Letting Green walk and bringing in any of the coaches on the market (ex: Claude Julien) would be a big improvement. However, if Green leaves there's clearly going to be a massive exodus. If there's a bunch of trade requests it may push Benning out of office. I actually think the players most likely to leave are some of the best players conducive to a winning team and culture (Schmidt, Miller, and Horvat).

Reactions: MS

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Here’s my best guess:
1. Weisbrod out. Jim takes over his duties.

What...duties?

Ideally, Weisbrod is let go and competent veteran AGM is brought in to handle the pro-side scouting and acquisition side.

I mean really ideally everyone is let go and they start from scratch but...that's not going to happen.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
The players clearly like Green but not Benning. They almost have to bring back Green as part of the apology process that the Sedins will be in charge of.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Letting Weisbrod go and bringing in the Sedins should signal that this end of the Benning and Aquilini isn't relying on him as much. Benning + Weisbrod essentially dominate the room and are both on the same wavelength, brining in new management selected by the ownership means there will be a new voice that isn't specifically on the same page as Benning.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
What...duties?

Ideally, Weisbrod is let go and competent veteran AGM is brought in to handle the pro-side scouting and acquisition side.

I mean really ideally everyone is let go and they start from scratch but...that's not going to happen.

not duties, doodies

6578466_0.jpg

seriously though, the real question is, do the sedins even like benning? or would they be like, no, fff that guy?

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
not duties, doodies

6578466_0.jpg

seriously though, the real question is, do the sedins even like benning? or would they be like, no, fff that guy?

I never got the impression they were terribly close with Benning, and they are apparently very close with Linden who HATES Benning and FA at this point ... so that's a fascinating dynamic.

Reactions: supercanuck

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
I never got the impression they were terribly close with Benning, and they are apparently very close with Linden who HATES Benning and FA at this point ... so that's a fascinating dynamic.

yeah, considering that benning has publicly disrespected numerous close friends of theirs, i would have to imagine they want nothing to do with him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad