Travis Green Observation

crobro

Aug 8, 2008
one thing ive noticed after games during media scrum is that pretty much every wuestion thrown at Green, he acts incredulous to the question no matter what it is.

It’s annoying

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
one thing ive noticed after games during media scrum is that pretty much every wuestion thrown at Green, he acts incredulous to the question no matter what it is.

It’s annoying
Like he thinks hes amazing and the worlds most incredible coach? I think is exaggeration

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
He's really good...The media are always asking him astonishing stupid questions.

Every Canuck coach seems to annoy a portion of the fanbase ...Gum-chewing AV...Nervous Willie ..etc.

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
I just realized I haven't watched a single post-game scrum after a Canucks game all season. But Botch and Jeff Paterson mentioned Green's incredulous responses to questions on the patcast, they seemed annoyed by it. That was really early in the season, maybe he's ironed some of it out.

Of course it must be hard not to react that way when you're being asked something stupid.

UticaHockey

Feb 27, 2013
Utica, NY
I just realized I haven't watched a single post-game scrum after a Canucks game all season. But Botch and Jeff Paterson mentioned Green's incredulous responses to questions on the patcast, they seemed annoyed by it. That was really early in the season, maybe he's ironed some of it out.

Of course it must be hard not to react that way when you're being asked something stupid.
Since Botch and Paterson are two of the biggest clowns in the Vancouver media I would expect them to take exception to Green and I'm glad he is pissing them off.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby

It’s annoying

Like he thinks hes amazing and the worlds most incredible coach? I think is exaggeration

I absolutely love how Green handles the clowns in the Vancouver media. Good for Travis.

I do too actually. When he's asked a good question, he gives good answers. When he knows he's being baited into something, he responds accordingly. He's actually pretty good at reading people.

Beautifully said. Love Green.

I'm sorry but doesn't everyone rag on our last GM for being "arrogant and condescending" for doing the same thing with the media?

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
i'd cast green in a movie. he is playing a character pretty well. it's entertaining, especially as he has to go more and more baghdad bob with his postgame takes on what happened.

i hope the players appreciate it.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I'm sorry but doesn't everyone rag on our last GM for being "arrogant and condescending" for doing the same thing with the media?
That's one of the common criticisms of Desjardins?

I just rag on him because his reasoning is often completely idiotic (perhaps condescending in the sense that it's annoying how he believes that fans are stupid enough to buy it-- that's a significantly bigger criticism of someone like Linden, though).

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Since Botch and Paterson are two of the biggest clowns in the Vancouver media I would expect them to take exception to Green and I'm glad he is pissing them off.

Naaah. They're literally the only real media guys in Van who aren't intellectually deficient or content with spinning the PR turntables for Lindenning.

They tell it like it is. People can't handle that.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
That's one of the common criticisms of Desjardins?

I just rag on him because his reasoning is often completely idiotic (perhaps condescending in the sense that it's annoying how he believes that fans are stupid enough to buy it-- that's a significantly bigger criticism of someone like Linden, though).

He said last GM - so Gillis.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
He said last GM - so Gillis.
Ooohh, missed that.

That's even more stupid. To my knowledge, there aren't any known established opposing factions that are particularly hard on Gillis but soft on Green or vice versa (like there would be for Green vs. Desjardins). It makes no sense whatsoever to call out an entire fanbase for having double standards on the basis that a portion of them think one thing and a completely different portion think the opposite.

It seems pretty obvious that the people who prefer media baiting to be met with disdain are the ones who like that about Gillis/Green (I fall under this category), and people who complain about it don't like that about them, and there's not really any reason to think otherwise.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad