Waived: Travis Boyd (Update - Claimed by Vancouver)

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
Why did they move up Lily to roster? Would that not reduce da piggy bank? Da logic is not clear to me?
And I realize some teams will give young guys an NHL paycheck for a few days to help them out over their AHL salary?
It only hits the bank if you move them up at the start of the off time if you move a guy down on day one or day zero and replace him on day 3 or 4 you gain the cap for the days in between and if they clear they can be moved up and down as many times as you want for 30 days or 10 games played . We probably needed to clear them both to cover a more expensive player as you suggested .

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
Capfriendy is showing Gally as $0 cap hit on the taxi squad , I believe he cleared before we got him so he's probably moving up and down without needing waivers so theres an example of what I am saying plus Lily is only a 166k more than Boyd or Vesey so we cleared 1.4 between them and brought up 866k in lily , bet Lily goes back down tomorrow night and Gally @ 1.005 million comes back up thursday , "watch the lady where is she going round and round she goes" .

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
@Bluelines It means the Leafs are good at pro scouting, and evaluating and signing free agents. As a result, they have a surplus of NHL-worthy players.

Could be that too. I get that these guys are tweeners between the 4th line and the AHL but still, it sucks to lose something, no matter how little value, for nothing.

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
It's funny how some said we'd never win anything with depth guys like Vesey and Boyd. Not that they're gone, it's a trajesty
Not a travesty that they are gone just unfortunate that they are gone with no return .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad