Travel to Pittsburgh

PopeInTheWoods

Asset Overvaluer
Feb 5, 2015
Rochester NY USA
There's a Primanti's in Cranberry...they might have Center Ice or whatever the NHL package is now. Last call is at 2 so you'll be able to see all of it.

Thanks Beauner. They're great for Pens games (obviously) but don't have the NHL package - I tried them last time after B-Dubs closed early.

I'll call around to some of the places I found on Google Maps, but local insight is usually superior, and always appreciated!

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Thanks Beauner. They're great for Pens games (obviously) but don't have the NHL package - I tried them last time after B-Dubs closed early.

I'll call around to some of the places I found on Google Maps, but local insight is usually superior, and always appreciated!

Damn, sorry about that. I'm more familiar with the south hills so that's about all I can give you. Cranberry is huge though so you should be able to find something.

PopeInTheWoods

Asset Overvaluer
Feb 5, 2015
Rochester NY USA
Damn, sorry about that. I'm more familiar with the south hills so that's about all I can give you. Cranberry is huge though so you should be able to find something.

Thanks for the effort. It looks like Fox & Hound near Ross Park Mall will do the trick. So I'll be cheering for the Pens early and the Sabres late, in my Sabres shirt and Pens hat!

crossicepass

Sep 7, 2008
Don't miss the opportunity to go to Canonsburg. And be sure to ride the Canonsburg-Houston-Eighty Four Mono-rail. The home station is right at the Perry Como statue, the latter being worth a visit despite the ever present crowds and restricted views of the statue itself.

JKag88

Mar 3, 2016
Visiting Pitt Saturday - Need Ideas

Hey all,

A friend of mine and I have decided to visit all NHL arenas and their cities. We're starting with Pittsburgh vs. Calgary this Saturday.

I know it's late notice but I wanted to ask if there were any good bars to have lunch and drinks in before or visit afterwards.

We're both late 20's, enjoy good beer and dislike chains.

If anyone has a good suggestion I would appreciate it. Thanks so much!

(Also looking to go to breweries/lawrenceville later in the evening, any fun dives up there?)

-JK

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
For lunch on Saturday I'd check out The Yard in Market Square. Get some good beer and a grilled cheese type sandwich.

I don't got out in Lawrenceville too much, but there's plenty of places to drink there.

For real divey bars, check out Rock Room or Gooski's in Polish Hill.

BiggestLeafsFanEVER*

FatHeads best beer and food in town. Their beer is highly rated on beeradvocate. Head Hunter their ipa is like a 98 and they got a lot of other good ones.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
If you are interested in a good pizza place that has pretty good specials before the game I would recommend Pizza Milano, that's where me and my buddies will be because we are also attending on Saturday. Going to every rink sounds awesome, hope you have a great time!

Finesse

nostromo
Dec 9, 2013
The Sharp Edge, Downtown, not far from Consol. Check out the Brillo Box after the game.

Last edited:

PennDanzig

R.I.P. PIMP C
Mar 1, 2016
I concur with Rock Room/Gooski's if you're trying to go to a dive bar. Cheap food too. Any given night they have some pretty rad punk/hardcore/alt shows there too.

JKag88

Mar 3, 2016
These all sound great. It'll be tough to narrow it down

Thanks so much for the insight, looking forward to a great time!

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Love Fatheads and everything at South Side Works. McCormick and Schmiks... Hoffbrauhaus...

Nicholas Coffee in Market Square

Row House and Atlas

Wholey's Alaskan Grill

If you're going with your girl check out Altius and Eleven. Both live up to the hype.

IMO the best thing about Pittsburgh is you can find these little holes in the wall that are fantastic.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
If you're looking for somewhere more chill, I always used to go to Bar Louie when I worked part time in college in station square. I'd go on Tuesdays when they had $1 burgers until close.

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
Don't miss the opportunity to go to Canonsburg. And be sure to ride the Canonsburg-Houston-Eighty Four Mono-rail. The home station is right at the Perry Como statue, the latter being worth a visit despite the ever present crowds and restricted views of the statue itself.

The Bobby Vinton memorial is very impressive as well. I was deeply moved.

Old Gregg

I'm Old Gregg!!
Apr 13, 2010
Hello All,

I am going to be heading to Pittsburgh for the April 3rd game against the Flyers. It's the last regular season game of the year. We will be in Pittsburgh on the Saturday and I was just wondering where the best spot is to go and watch a Pens game and have a few drinks and snacks. We are staying at the Westin but it doesnt have to be in walking distance as we could always take a cab/uber.

Thanks again for all the help!

Old Gregg

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Note, If you like hotdogs, hamburgers and Fries, you must eat here:

Gift-Card.jpg

photo-121.jpg

To any and all people in the Pittsburgh area right now, I am very JELLY. IF I could order 3 chili and cheese dogs, 1 hamburger, 1 large chili and cheese fry and down it with their homemade Chocolate shake, I would be very happy. DAMN JELLY

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Hello All,

I am going to be heading to Pittsburgh for the April 3rd game against the Flyers. It's the last regular season game of the year. We will be in Pittsburgh on the Saturday and I was just wondering where the best spot is to go and watch a Pens game and have a few drinks and snacks. We are staying at the Westin but it doesnt have to be in walking distance as we could always take a cab/uber.

Thanks again for all the help!

Old Gregg

The city is all walking distance, honestly. It's like a 5-10 minute walk from the Cultural District to Consol and there are a million great restaurants right there. I recommend these because it's just great food/drink. Not ultimately the biggest sports atmosphere, but the food in this area is to die for.

- Sienna Mercato (recommended)
- August Henry
- Ten Penny
- Sharp Edge (recommended for awesome beers)
- Tako (recommended but small)
- Olive or Twist
- Meat & Potatoes (HIGHLY recommended... but not just for drinking)

There are just so many bars in that area. If you want to just go for a Pens game, go right behind Consol to the few bars right there. Always loaded with Pens fans. You can also go to the North Shore to a few bars right by PNC Park and Heinz Field where there are a lot more sports fans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad