Travel to Pittsburgh

Lionel Hutz

Apr 13, 2004
Locking the Lounge??
Question:

I'm planning on coming to Pittsburgh next week for a totally random visit. Hopefully there will be something to do while I'm there.

I visited last spring for my first time. I stayed downtown, which was fine. Think I will stay southside this time. Thoughts?

TimbitsHockey877*

Mar 21, 2016
Question:

I'm planning on coming to Pittsburgh next week for a totally random visit. Hopefully there will be something to do while I'm there.

I visited last spring for my first time. I stayed downtown, which was fine. Think I will stay southside this time. Thoughts?

I like the Marriott in South Side. It's nice. It's across and walking distance to Hofbrauhaus and some bars. They got a shuttle. If you are trying to go to Pens or Pirates game he will drop you off in walking distance and pick you up. Just give him a call 5-10 mins before. Hit up some bars; Fat Heads, BrewGentlemen, or Southern Tier.

Photosniper89

May 23, 2017
Huntsville, AL
Forgive me if I am posting this in the wrong section.

A few friends and I are flying into PHL for a work trip the day of Game 2. We are looking for SRO (standing room only) tickets for the game. I see them on Stubhub for about $245 but have seen them for lower when they first went on sale.

As someone who is out of state trying to make it to game 3, what would you all recommend to try to keep my costs down? Is there a better place/time to get tickets for SRO so I can not have to pay $245? I was thinking about waiting until game day to buy them but I don't know if they will actually be lower then or not.

Last edited:

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
PHL is Philadelphia International. Are you planning to fly or drive to Pittsburgh? The two cities are on opposite ends of the state, and Pennsylvania is not small. It's a 4.5 hour drive on a very good day.

Photosniper89

May 23, 2017
Huntsville, AL
First, where is this "PHL" you're flying into?

Yeah, that and game3?, kinda threw me off.

Also game three is not at ppg....so

I guess maybe he means home game 3

PHL is Philadelphia International. Are you planning to fly or drive to Pittsburgh? The two cities are on opposite ends of the state, and Pennsylvania is not small. It's a 4.5 hour drive on a very good day.

Yeah closer to 6 hours honestly with traffic.

Sorry.. works been kicking my butt lately.

PHL is the airport yes, and game 2. I didnt realize it was 4.5 to 6 hours, thought it would be more around 3.

Mr. T

Feb 15, 2003
Sorry.. works been kicking my butt lately.

PHL is the airport yes, and game 2. I didnt realize it was 4.5 to 6 hours, thought it would be more around 3.

The liberating feeling of escaping from Philadelphia does make the time go by a little faster.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Why are game 5 tickets so much more expensive than game 1 or 2 tickets? Chance of seeing a cup win?

Exactly.

If game 5 is apparent there will be no chance at the cup for that night, ticket prices will drop. Now, at least in the secondary market, they are between what the price will be for non cup chance night, and a shot at the cup game. Looks like around $600 cheapest seat. That will drop to about $300 or go up to $1k, depending on the circumstance. Right now it's like a straddle.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
With the fixtures out Thursday anyone else planning a trip next season?

I will once again be looking for a decent three game home stretch, preferably teams I have not seen before and sure as **** not ****ing Ottawa.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
With the fixtures out Thursday anyone else planning a trip next season?

I will once again be looking for a decent three game home stretch, preferably teams I have not seen before and sure as **** not ****ing Ottawa.

I will be planning one next year

It's either going to be in Pittsburgh, or will do the Tampa/Florida games

Not sure yet, also will depend on home stretch and if they're playing at home for Spring Break since the kids are now very interested in hockey :)

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
I would prefer later this year but it will also depend when they play here and in that ****hole down the road.

We got them twice here this year so next season it should only be once. I expect it to be a Saturday night game. We shall find out soon enough

As for Ottawa, if it's not on a Saturday, I ain't going to that **** city

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
What the **** is a "fixture"? This ain't Europe

I'm English, it is a fixture list. Always has been and always will be.

Same as it is a pavement not a sideway
Words ending in - isation are spelt with an S not Z

It is Toe-Mar-Toe not that nonsense word you lot use.

etc etc

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I'm English, it is a fixture list. Always has been and always will be.

Same as it is a pavement not a sideway
Words ending in - isation are spelt with an S not Z

It is Toe-Mar-Toe not that nonsense word you lot use.

etc etc

What is a fixture list? I'm not sure what that means. :laugh:

And I think you mean sidewalk I guess? Not sideway?

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Yes I meant Sidewalk, stupid phone.

A fixture list - In England sporting teams have a fixture list, i.e the term is used to describe all their games or an individual one. Whereas you say schedule, we say fixture

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Aren't the standings referrer to as "tables" in England too?

Odd bunch, those Brits (jk, no offense Shrimper :p)

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Yes I meant Sidewalk, stupid phone.

A fixture list - In England sporting teams have a fixture list, i.e the term is used to describe all their games or an individual one. Whereas you say schedule, we say fixture

gotcha, that's the first I've heard that one

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad