Transport 93 Lemieux into july 2023? Read op

Despote

Mar 21, 2023
Naturally he would score even more than he did, because progress moves backwards, skill development has regressed and the league just gets worse and worse every year. Don't trust me? Watch a game from 1986 and then a game from 2024. The players were just way better back then, insert one today and you can be sure they'd just make fools of the entire league.

Reactions: WalterLundy

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Is this really different than any time period in hockey? If I look at stats for Lemieux's rookie season for goalies with 40 or more games played, sv% is a high of .899 and low of .857 while GAA ranges from 2.67 to 4.68. This season, goalies at the 40 games marked range from 0.920 to 0.886 and 2.34 to 3.48. Like today there also wasn't any real elite Patrick Roy or even Roberto Luongo type goalies, with Pelle Lindberg won the Vezina in Lemieux's rookie year and the most recognizable names today are Fuhr, Barrasso, Vanbiesbrouk, Hrudey.

Again looking at the first Lemieux goal analyzing the technique of the goalie you'd imagine Lemieux scores there every time. An average modern goaltender on the other hand comes out to challenge, sticks with him backing up, and it's probably more 50/50 whether Lemieux scores or not.
It is different than any time
Is this really different than any time period in hockey? If I look at stats for Lemieux's rookie season for goalies with 40 or more games played, sv% is a high of .899 and low of .857 while GAA ranges from 2.67 to 4.68. This season, goalies at the 40 games marked range from 0.920 to 0.886 and 2.34 to 3.48. Like today there also wasn't any real elite Patrick Roy or even Roberto Luongo type goalies, with Pelle Lindberg won the Vezina in Lemieux's rookie year and the most recognizable names today are Fuhr, Barrasso, Vanbiesbrouk, Hrudey.

Again looking at the first Lemieux goal analyzing the technique of the goalie you'd imagine Lemieux scores there every time. An average modern goaltender on the other hand comes out to challenge, sticks with him backing up, and it's probably more 50/50 whether Lemieux scores or not.
"Is this really different than anytime period in hockey"
No. Which was my point.
As with forwards , D and goalies. All relative.
A couple generational players, Some some super stars. Some stars. Some plumbers, and some sieves that fill rosters. At all positions in all eras.

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
You have obviously have never seen fitness freaks and league legends like Ovechkin and McDavid with their shirts off.

Paragons of fitness, they certainly are! Bodies that most men would die for (er, I mean that most already have)

We are all so blessed that Gary Roberts discovered and then conceptualized and finally invented fitness after the 2003 season.

Could you imagine how terrible it would be to watch these out of shape pretenders scoring 80 goals and 150 assists?

Thank God for Gary Roberts and his gift to humanity, where would the league be if he hadn’t invented fitness?

View attachment 849966View attachment 849967
Mcdavid is like 19 in that pic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad