Confirmed with Link: TRANSACTION: The #NHLJets have claimed F - Adam Brooks off waivers from the Toronto Maple Leafs.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
That Leafs thread over a waiver wire pick up is some of the most delusional, self aggrandizing stuff I've ever read.

Absolute clown show.
Those that are willing to check it out all the power to you. I save my once a year Leafs board lurking to the night of their annual 1st round knockout. I pour a nice big glass of a fine wine and enjoy.

Fatdrunk

Better Luck Next Year
Feb 1, 2019
Why is this guy being pass around like a joint. Is his on ice record really bad or is he a terrible presence in the locker room.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
My ongoing criticism of our bottom 6 is usually not well received, since people like to focus on our top 6 as the problem, but IMO historically our organization has suffered from our bottom 6 being really weak compared to top competition.

Im all aboard the “the bottom six is the problem” train. It’s pretty sad when a guy who can score 20 points would be considered a big upgrade…

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
My ongoing criticism of our bottom 6 is usually not well received, since people like to focus on our top 6 as the problem, but IMO historically our organization has suffered from our bottom 6 being really weak compared to top competition.

We have multiple problems across the line up -
How would you say our D has been (last several yrs) compared to top competition?
But I agree - "some" do want to pin it on the top 6

Reactions: sipowicz

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Can we say that Vesalainen is a flop? He just brings so little. He gets out battled at every turn often by guys smaller than him.

What does he actually do for us?

Old man Lowry and the coaching staff see it to, reason why Piganski and Reichel are playing over him! Versa_laine just doesn't have it, kind of a waste of a first round pick!

Harkins is kind of a dud as well, can't believe the Jet org. didn't identify the deficiencies of these two earlier on instead of wasting roster spots on the Moose!

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGovernment

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
He looks like Pionk - when I saw his pic I thought they might have mixed them up - probably just me -
About the same size also -

Listening to some old post game Leaf interviews, he sounds like a smart player - look forward to seeing him play in a Jets jersey

Fun fact - Adam was the first player in Leafs history to score his first two goals with one on the PP and the other short handed

AlaskaJet

Retrieves pucks and ducks
Sep 29, 2017
Olympia, Washington (from Ft. Garry)
This kid could turn out to be a real killer on any bottom six line..we’ll just have to give him some targets..
B90B28BD-5D5F-42D8-A038-42EF68230A61.jpeg

Scheifele55

Jun 22, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Old man Lowry and the coaching staff see it to, reason why Piganski and Reichel are playing over him! Versa_laine just doesn't have it, kind of a waste of a first round pick!

Harkins is kind of a dud as well, can't believe the Jet org. didn't identify the deficiencies of these two earlier on instead of wasting roster spots on the Moose!

The 2017 draft is full of players who haven't played 100 games yet. 17 out of 31 selections are under 100 games played. Vesalainen has done more for the Jets this year than Cody Glass has done for the Predators. He has been a bust.

I remember Harkins in the AHL. He was playing like an AHL then he had that crazy spell where he had like 25 points in 15 games which facilitated a call up. Has Harkins been given much of a chance in the top 6? It is great to look back at the talent available though but also realize, would they have been given the same opportunity in Winnipeg?

Reactions: kellhunter

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

Lots of 1st rounders take some time to get going, and plenty of players look good in the AHL but can't do it in the NHL. Plus, those roster spots would've just gone to AHL vets anyways.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
2 years ago the D was league worst last season bottom 3rd now somewhere in the middle range.

I'd agree with that -
I'd also say that if we had the means to change / improve any area of our line up, (IMO) it would be working on the D before I moved on the the bottom 6.
I see it as area of improvement that would be more impactful.
It's debatable - but I see us struggling in the D zone most nights - even against nonplayoff teams.

As for the bottom 6, we should be able to rely on the top 6 to offset that shortfall (if the top 6 is performing up to their abilities) -
In other words, our offense is better than our defense - the skill is there even if we struggle (sometimes) with production.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad