Pre-Game Talk: T'ranna Con- Trah Mon Ree All

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
The NHLers are with the NHLers, the junior/AHLers are together at forwards. MSL have been running pre-season games like that since the first one and Armia is still an NHLer.
I understand that playing youngsters with youngsters might ward off the deer in headlights effect that playing with one of the better veterans might, but, not playing youngsters with skilled veterans doesn't give you a real idea of how far they might be from playing in the NHL either.

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Given their PP hit rate, not sure it would be such a bad thing ;)

I think PP1 should be Monahan Gallagher Roy Beck Barron
I really don't think that Gallagher deserves PP time, personally.It was a problem for many years, actually.

I'd rather two Ds with Mailloux also on the PP than Gallagher there. Mailloux has a wicked shot token opponents honest.

Or, maybe we switch out Monahan with Gallagher as the net front presence let Mailloux send him to Robidas Island instead? ;)

Reactions: rickthegoon

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I understand that playing youngsters with youngsters might ward off the deer in headlights effect that playing with one of the better veterans might, but, not playing youngsters with skilled veterans doesn't give you a real idea of how far they might be from playing in the NHL either.
Last years they did test the kids more with the vets in pre-season, but I think MSL concluded that since they started the season a bit unprepared, it wasn't worth it. This year you can clearly see the NHL vs AHL division in the pre-season lines and how MSL is doing "auditions" to find NHL duos and 3rd wheels. At least at forwards, the dmen is more split.

It's not like that Habs have any roster spot for a prospect to graduate to anyway. Only RHP seems to be making it.

Reactions: Runner77

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Last years they did test the kids more with the vets in pre-season, but I think MSL concluded that since they started the season a bit unprepared, it wasn't worth it. This year you can clearly see the NHL vs AHL division in the pre-season lines and how MSL is doing "auditions" to find NHL duos and 3rd wheels. At least at forwards, the dmen is more split.

It's not like that Habs have any roster spot for a prospect to graduate to anyway. Only RHP seems to be making it.
I disagree, especially if we apply what MSL said about being able to find a spot for youngster that makes a case for getting a spot.

Unless that spot was 13th forward, not playing with NHLers won't show the kid can play with NHLers and whether they can lock down a spot right away in Montreal.

Armia shouldn't have a guaranteed spot, for one. Nor should Pearson.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
I really don't think that Gallagher deserves PP time, personally.It was a problem for many years, actually.

I'd rather two Ds with Mailloux also on the PP than Gallagher there. Mailloux has a wicked shot token opponents honest.

Or, maybe we switch out Monahan with Gallagher as the net front presence let Mailloux send him to Robidas Island instead? ;)
I don t think you understand the purpose, the more you put Gallagher on the PP in front of the net, the sooner he goes on LTIR :D

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
I don’t think we’ll see a Reaves vs Xhekaj tonight.

Don’t risk anything in preseason.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Reactions: jrom

Cookie007

Mar 23, 2011
Laraque said that if Xhekaj wins against Reeves, he becomes the champ. So I don't think Reeves will be looking to get dethroned in pre-season.
Love Xhekaj but i too don’t want him to fight Reeves in a meaningless pre season game. Also tough to say how he do, X did have “ok” time with the other #2 or #3 heavyweight in the league in Deslaurias

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
May ?

Certainly aren't.
One can, and should, always laugh at the Leafs. The team that never loses an opportunity to lose an opportunity.

I don't like playing the same team 3 times in preseason. We always seem to play the Leafs & Sens multiple times.

My idea is each team plays 1 game against each team in their division for 7 games total.

It all has to do with costs. Less travel. Nothing else.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
JPJ seems like a nice guy.

Hah a reporter just said the same thing

He looks like he's about to bust out singing "I want it that way"

parkerjones2-jpg-1-16228368.jpg

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Toronto's prospect pool is not much to look at right now but they've got grit. Will be interesting to see
Overall you are right. But I would take Knies over anyone of our forward prospects.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Do we know the lineup ? I have tickets for tonight's game, hopefully it will be a good game. :popcorn:

Tabarnak, Armia and Anderson on the first line... f*** me.

I wanna see how a smart veteran like Monahan will be able to compose with a winger who wants to do everything and 60% of the time it doesn't work.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad