Training Camp Thread III | Camp Wrap Up, Scrivens,Nikitin, Draisaitl to Bakersfield

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Leon wont screw up our cap

he will get a bridge contract and that will take him to where both Eberle and Hall contracts will be up-- and we will have to decide a few things about where to spend the money

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I think Lander is awesome but potentially being groomed for trade bait when they determine Drai is ready to anchor the third line later in the season. Packaged with prospects could bring a veteran D on a multi year deal close to the deadline from a seller.

Lander can play the wing. Lots of teams are moving to a top 9 model. In a year

Lander Draisaitl Yakupov

could be a very good line that would be tough on bottom pairing defensemen and bottom 6 forwards.

YOu need versatile guys who are cheap. I think Lander will always be an easy guy to sign and even at this point he could, in a pinch play any of the 12 forward spots.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Leon wont screw up our cap

he will get a bridge contract and that will take him to where both Eberle and Hall contracts will be up-- and we will have to decide a few things about where to spend the money

Leon could have potentially screwed up our cap this season especially if he stuck around on McDavid-Hall line..

Both Drai and McDavid hitting bonuses wouldve put us over the cap.

Leaving Drai in AHL for ~20games ensures he doesnt hit 20G or 60pt marks for part of those bonuses to kick in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad