GDT: Training Camp Thread 2013 - It's Back...

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
What happens if PRV and Harti do well in training camp? Could we do something like this?

Hall/RNH/Eberle
Yak/Gagner/Hemsky
Harti/Horcoff/PRV

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Sportsnet likely has the opener, they just haven't released their schedule yet.

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
What happens if PRV and Harti do well in training camp? Could we do something like this?

Hall/RNH/Eberle
Yak/Gagner/Hemsky
Harti/Horcoff/PRV

I think Harti could see time on the 4th line to get into things, plus perhaps some PP time in front of the net. But I don't see PRV making this team, I think the invite is just a platitude to keep him positive... he's not the player he needs to be to make it to the NHL yet; doesn't score enough for the top 6, doesn't hit enough for the bottom 6.

The Joker*

They are. They've tweeted a few pictures. Wish they were streaming it online or something.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
Looks like a big turnout.

Ha
@ryandittrick
Dubnyk playing forward with skates 2 sizes too big. "I've got to keep it real simple out there. I can barely stand!"

oilers2k10

Yak Don't Back Down
Mar 18, 2010
Looks like a big turnout.

Ha

this is awesome, I really think the oilers are on the verge of being a very competitive team for many years and this is a nice way for fans to see the players from up close as more than just NHLers.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
@ryandittrick
Dubnyk playing forward with skates 2 sizes too big. "I've got to keep it real simple out there. I can barely stand!"

Dubnyk! You brought the wrong skates to work again!!
"Ooooh"

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
i was looking through the pictures from the shinny game and didn't notice yakupov in any of them... wonder why he wasn't there? you'd figure that doing things like this would be great for showing him the city and getting him to be familiar with his teammates

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
Dubnyk! You brought the wrong skates to work again!!
"Ooooh"

‏@ryandittrick
Told Gagner Dubnyk can barely stay on his feet. Teubert chimes in, "Hey are you talking about me when I'm standing right here?!"

Good ol' Tubes.

i was looking through the pictures from the shinny game and didn't notice yakupov in any of them... wonder why he wasn't there? you'd figure that doing things like this would be great for showing him the city and getting him to be familiar with his teammates
Think I noticed him in the background of one picture, I'll look for it, but either way it's kind of nice to give the rest of the team some attention.

SchultzSquared*

Just heard this on CISN Dan Tencer was talking about it (yes on CISN).

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario

You sure he wasn't there?

Taylor Hall ‏@hallsy04
No shot @ebs_14. Sticks in the middle. Hopefully @ryanwhitney6 and @Nail10_1993 are on my team. #ThisIsLegit

edit:

BAhoi-dCIAAaB3N.jpg

There he is in the back right.

edit#2: I think I should remember to refresh before responding to posts. :)

Moonlapse Vertigo

Katz n' MacT BFFs
Oct 2, 2009
Edmonton
It was cute how Hall and Ebs tried to sell this as if it was their idea on Twitter earlier. Props to the team for putting this together though.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
It was cute how Hall and Ebs tried to sell this as if it was their idea on Twitter earlier. Props to the team for putting this together though.

Exactly :laugh:
Was Yak there? Like he had a choice...

At the very least, there should be some good pictures that come out of this.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
I'm sure the team told Hall and Eberle to announce it like that, especially considering there was no announcement on the team website.

Moonlapse Vertigo

Katz n' MacT BFFs
Oct 2, 2009
Edmonton
They were giving away t-shirts with "Here Come the Oilers" on them at the event. I guess that's their slogan this year. It's not great but it beats the NHL's lameass "Hockey's Back!".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad