News Article: Training Camp Talk Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Paid too much?
Agreed he never should have been made Captain, but the deal was a steal.
A clear steal for Calgary. Forget about the goons, but Calgary got as good a defenceman, plus a center they needed (and still have), and managed to unload Phaneuf's contract.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
As large of an NFL as I am, pre-season doesn't do it for me.
The quality of the game and the players involved is worse than the NHL exhibition games, which is a tough feat.

September 9th when the Steelers dummy the Browns will be the final fall milestone for me.
Funny thing about the Steelers and your choice of pictures. I watched Jack Lambert get his hall of fame ring in 3 rivers stadium.

Reactions: ACC1224

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
A clear steal for Calgary. Forget about the goons, but Calgary got as good a defenceman, plus a center they needed (and still have), and managed to unload Phaneuf's contract.
His contract wasn't an issue at the time and are you saying Ian White = Phaneuf?

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
His contract wasn't an issue at the time and are you saying Ian White = Phaneuf?
Calgary was already regretting giving him that much, and yes, except for his big shot and occasional big hits, White was a better defenceman.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Calgary was already regretting giving him that much, and yes, except for his big shot and occasional big hits, White was a better defenceman.
I'll just assuming you're having me on at this point.

Reactions: NCoRe

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

They don't still have a C. White as good as Phaneuf... LOL...

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
My mistake - Stajan is a UFA now. Well, he lasted a lot longer with them than Phaneuf did here.

Ok... he was on their roster for quite some time... his best two years were 33 and 31 points with them. Phanuef, a defender still put up more points with us, than Calgary ever got out of Stajan.... in fewer seasons...

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Not as much as you might think, except for some people in Toronto who swallowed too much of Burke's kool-ade

Lol, what are you talking about? Let’s start from the basics... in which way was Ian White better than Dion Phaneuf...?

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Not as much as you might think, except for some people in Toronto who swallowed too much of Burke's kool-ade
Most hated Phaneuf but if being honset with themselves would admit he's the better player by a mile.
The "kool-ade" dig is very telling. I'm out.

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
- back up goalie
- 4c
- 12th forward
- 13 forward
- 6 D
- 7 D

we actually got a lot of spots up for grabs, should be a lot of guys battling hard in camp

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
- back up goalie
- 4c
- 12th forward
- 13 forward
- 6 D
- 7 D

we actually got a lot of spots up for grabs, should be a lot of guys battling hard in camp

Tavares LW spot is likely up for grabs, as is Kadri's RW....

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
I barely post anymore but came here to say that is the BIGGEST bail out on attempting to validate any opinion I have ever seen on this board.

This is a sad day of this forum if you pair this with Dzierkals trade request.
The validation is in the "kool-ade"

Reactions: ChuckWoods
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad