News Article: Training Camp Talk Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Which team is better:

Hyman Tavares Marner
Johnsson Kadri Kapanen
Grundrstom Gauthier Cracknell
Marchment Moore Bracco

Gardiner Zaitsev
Dermott Holl
Marincin Liljegren

OR

Marleau Matthews Nylander
Leivo Lindholm Brown
Ennis Mueller Jooris
Timashov Brooks Engvall

Rielly Hainsey
Borgman Carrick
Rosen Ozhiganov

We can alternate lineups for the first 6 games.

Last edited:

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
I really think a marlies dman might really push for a job in the bottom 4
I think liljegren could use another year, and join next year.
Holl and Lindgren could push for a spot, both are RHDs and have some talent.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
How many new guys are there?
Tavares replacing Bozak is the only for sure change in the line up.
Jvr's 37 goals will not be easy to replace ,but I get the sense that a 20-25 goal man with better D instincts would do.Perhaps Johnsson fills his spot.
Komarovs production shouldn't be difficult to improve on,but the other attributes he had might be missed. I think Grundstrom or Marcment smell an opening here.Might have to beat out Leivo if Josh actually gets an honest shot!
4th line Center, gonna be some guys grindin' it out for that spot! Gauthier's last kick at the can i'd say,Dubas isn't bringin ' Lindholm over to play on the Marlies and Trevor Moore sure looked good in the playoffs!
On D ...well Polaks job will be the hardest fought over position. Lots of choices. It looks like it's Ozighanovs job to lose,but lots of others to choose from. A 7th Dman will likely hang around as well.Hoping Holl impresses.
One curios thought,is the Ennis signing, Dubas sees something here,must be good analytics or something! Can't wait!

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Which team is better:

Hyman Tavares Marner
Johnsson Kadri Kapanen
Grundrstom Gauthier Cracknell
Marchment Moore Bracco

Gardiner Zaitsev
Dermott Holl
Marincin Liljegren

OR

Marleau Matthews Nylander
Leivo Lindholm Brown
Ennis Mueller Jooris
Timashov Brooks Engvall

Rielly Hainsey
Borgman Carrick
Rosen Ozhiganov

We can alternate lineups for the first 6 games.

Team 1 looks better

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Who’s gonna win the 4th line job? A lot of ppl are pencilling in lindholm but I could see Gauthier or Joris winning that spot.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
How many new guys are there?
Tavares replacing Bozak is the only for sure change in the line up.
Jvr's 37 goals will not be easy to replace ,but I get the sense that a 20-25 goal man with better D instincts would do.Perhaps Johnsson fills his spot.
Komarovs production shouldn't be difficult to improve on,but the other attributes he had might be missed. I think Grundstrom or Marcment smell an opening here.Might have to beat out Leivo if Josh actually gets an honest shot!
4th line Center, gonna be some guys grindin' it out for that spot! Gauthier's last kick at the can i'd say,Dubas isn't bringin ' Lindholm over to play on the Marlies and Trevor Moore sure looked good in the playoffs!
On D ...well Polaks job will be the hardest fought over position. Lots of choices. It looks like it's Ozighanovs job to lose,but lots of others to choose from. A 7th Dman will likely hang around as well.Hoping Holl impresses.
One curios thought,is the Ennis signing, Dubas sees something here,must be good analytics or something! Can't wait!

Yes it is adv stats and he might be hungry to prove people who support him right.

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
I really think a marlies dman might really push for a job in the bottom 4
I think liljegren could use another year, and join next year.
Holl and Lindgren could push for a spot, both are RHDs and have some talent.

Wait? Are you saying that Lindgren could push for a spot on the Leafs? Because I would shocked if he even managed a decent push for an extra D position on the Marlies.

Reactions: supermann_98

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Wait? Are you saying that Lindgren could push for a spot on the Leafs? Because I would shocked if he even managed a decent push for an extra D position on the Marlies.
i mean i havent seen the kid play too much, but hes a a smooth skating rhd, little offense to his game but compared to carrick nothing he cant muster. im sure someone whos seen him more probably knows more though.

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
i mean i havent seen the kid play too much, but hes a a smooth skating rhd, little offense to his game but compared to carrick nothing he cant muster. im sure someone whos seen him more probably knows more though.

I have only watched him play for the Marlies. 4 games at the end of the regular season last year (I watched 2). He played poorly - bad defensively, poor decision making, not strong. I think that he is far behind Holl, Ozhiganov, Liljegren, Subban and Loverde on the right side when it comes to the Marlies (I think he will soon be behind Durzi, Rasanen and Hollowell as well - Wheeler placed all three ahead of him on his prospects ranking - again that is just on the right side). Pronman didn't even include him in the depth notes for his assessment of the Leafs farm system. He needs a lot of work, and needs to adjust to playing on NA ice, and I don't know how he is going to get it. He returned home rather than stick around with the Marlies for the playoffs. He wasn't going to play (Liljegren is far ahead of him), but he could have trained with the team with the other players who were extras. I don't think that he is interested in playing in the ECHL and being a call up for the Marlies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Who’s gonna win the 4th line job? A lot of ppl are pencilling in lindholm but I could see Gauthier or Joris winning that spot.

It'll be Par Lindholm or someone we bring in on a tryout. Neither Jooris nor Gauthier are good enough.

Daniel Winnik, Matt Stajan, Antoine Vermette, Shawn Matthias, Mark Letestu.

I'd wager 1 or 2 of those guys end up in camp to compete with Lindholm

Reactions: The Rat King

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph

You think Lindgren is a good as Carrick? Jesus Christ...

Carrick is an NHL defenseman man. Lindgren isn't an AHL defenseman yet.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
It'll be Par Lindholm or someone we bring in on a tryout. Neither Jooris nor Gauthier are good enough.

Daniel Winnik, Matt Stajan, Antoine Vermette, Shawn Matthias, Mark Letestu.

I'd wager 1 or 2 of those guys end up in camp to compete with Lindholm
Winnik was a good soldier for us, provided he can still skate I'd be ok with that. It would be weird if Stajan came back...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad