Pre-Game Talk: Training Camp Roster and Schedule

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
Issue with Hunt is that he isnt great on faceoffs and by his own admission isnt the most comfortable there. I wouldnt mind Hunt - Schwindt - Duehr being the 4th line though. That line could skate and have some jam.
Hmmm. Yeah, I like it. That's not anything I'd get up in arms about. I hope they do it!

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I'm sure this news will crush so many of you...

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
Yeah Rooney was at least a good hand for the AHL who has NHL experience we could call up in a pinch, even if he's not that good you don't want to hear this. There's very few players I'd wish injury upon

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Does anyone know if Kylington is in Calgary or has he returned to Sweden?

Reactions: Boomstick

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Speaking of 4C, I just noticed Jankowski was waived today. With the injuries to Pelletier and Rooney, it's a role Jano can play and he could fill a spot on the PK.

Also depending on the status of Kylington, I'd take a flier on Cal Foote

• Haha
Reactions: Zirakzigil

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
Speaking of 4C, I just noticed Jankowski was waived today. With the injuries to Pelletier and Rooney, it's a role Jano can play and he could fill a spot on the PK.

Also depending on the status of Kylington, I'd take a flier on Cal Foote
If he isn't retiring, and would be willing to sign with us for under a million, I'd bring in Stastny if he'd come here with the injuries.

Reactions: Boomstick

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Rather have Zary get his shot.
I'd rather Zary get a chance to be the 1C with the Wranglers and try and develop his offensive game more. With Jankowski you can move him to either the wing, the press box, or even the waive him again and if he clears he can help the Wranglers.

@CamPopplestone I've always really liked Stastny, but at his age not being there on day 1 of camp makes him an unviable option IMO.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
I'd rather Zary get a chance to be the 1C with the Wranglers and try and develop his offensive game more. With Jankowski you can move him to either the wing, the press box, or even the waive him again and if he clears he can help the Wranglers.

@CamPopplestone I've always really liked Stastny, but at his age not being there on day 1 of camp makes him an unviable option IMO.
Fair. But I’d still rather give him 5 or so games in the NHL and then plug someone like Schwint into that spot than go back to the Janko well.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
CP all overreacting about Zary and Wolf getting sent down. Not surprised with the level of overreacting over there.

Zary on the first line for the Wranglers getting 20+ minutes a night with PP time > playing 4th line 8 minutes a night. Flames want him as a top 9 guy, not on the 4th line, he'll most certainly be the first call up if there is an injury, literally how Mangiapane made the team, how Jankowski originally made the team.

And just because Wolf won the MVP of the AHL doesn't mean squat, let him do it again, it isn't going to hurt his development. Having him play 50-60 games > playing 15-20 as a back up.

Coronato made the team, Pelletier probably does too if not for the shoulder injury, people need to chill out on Flames management because they don't have their entire roster filled with rookies.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
So after DeSimone, Pospisil and Pettersen go through waivers that brings camp down to 27.

Does that 27 include inactive players? Because if so, that'd include Pelts, Rooney and maybe Kylington still.

I'd check myself but am on my phone and not my laptop.

Wolf should ask for a trade. Ridiculous. He should have been the guy last year.
You need to relax dude.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Wolf should ask for a trade. Ridiculous. He should have been the guy last year.
Wolf has earned zilch. Give it a rest. You can't get this upset over goalies, which are voodoo and almost impossible to project, even season to season for workhorses like Vasilevsky,

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad