Pre-Game Talk: Training Camp Roster and Schedule

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Hockey is coming

The Flames are set to open their 2023 training camp with the first on-ice session on Thursday, Sept. 21 at 9:00 a.m. MT. The camp roster consists of seven goalies, 22 defencemen, and 35 forwards for a total of 64 participants.

Media availability will take place at the conclusion of each group’s training day (on-ice/off-ice) and head coach Ryan Huska will be made available following the second on-ice session of each day in the Ed Whalen Media Lounge.

The Flames will play eight pre-season games (four home, four road) during training camp, starting at home against the Vancouver Canucks on Sunday, Sept. 24 at 6:00 p.m. MT. Tickets are available here.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Least excited I've been in years. Bunch of guys already have one foot out the door, no name brand coach which brings tons of uncertainty, and a total lack of cohesive strategy going forward. The only thing that I'm looking forward to is actually seeing prospects get a shot for once.

Reactions: Backlund

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
I'm honestly rooting for Kylington, but this is crazy.. I hope whatever is going on that he's okay and the team has a full grasp.

Reactions: barriers and Fig

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I don't mean to pry or need to know what's wrong. I just basically hope as a fan to hear news that he's working with the right people to be on the best track for overcoming his personal issue.

I wish him the best and I hope he figures it out.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Just fold the franchise already

At some point the question about moving on arises. I mean he got paid last year to do pretty much nothing, if there are still issues then I certainly can't see a future of him as an NHLer, let alone a Calgary Flame.

Hope that isn't the case.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Dong too long?

Seriously though. I don’t feel much sympathy for anyone that plays hockey for a million dollars. Get your poop in a group bud.

Sign Zadorov ASAP

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Just fold the franchise already

Hanifin looking to leave, Zad on the last year of his contract, Tanev on the last year of his contract,... and now this lovely bit of news.
This pretty well sums up the way I feel...

facepalm-really.gif

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
As I said in the Kylington thread, it might be as simple as him needing to find new meds, as some meds can cause false positives.

That said, it took my doctors months upon months to get my meds right.

Khrox

May 31, 2018
As for Kylington, on top of being med issues, it could also be conditioning issues (we don't know what his training was like in the last year, so his conditioning could be bad enough to warrant a "miss start of training camp" to focus on it instead).

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
As I said in the Kylington thread, it might be as simple as him needing to find new meds, as some meds can cause false positives.

That said, it took my doctors months upon months to get my meds right.

It seems randomly sudden though if they had to use testing to discover this.

Could it also be a situation where if he's taking something, that it turns out it's something he's taking that's allowed in the EU that isn't allowed here based on NHL rules? To address it, they're working on finding an alternative here that is allowed and works for Ollie?

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
It seems randomly sudden though if they had to use testing to discover this.

Could it also be a situation where if he's taking something, that it turns out it's something he's taking that's allowed in the EU that isn't allowed here based on NHL rules? To address it, they're working on finding an alternative here that is allowed and works for Ollie?
Nah if that is the issue, we'd know by now as it'd be confirmed in the lab. No point in speculating.

Reactions: Fig

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Does anyone know if the pre-season games that aren't being broadcast on SN or TSN will be streamed through the Flames website or anywhere else?

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada

FORWARDS

Jonathan Huberdeau - Elias Lindholm - Yegor Sharangovich

Adam Ruzicka - Nazem Kadri - Dillon Dube

Dryden Hunt - Ben Jones - Matt Coronato

Martin Pospisil - Connor Zary - Adam Klapka

DEFENCE

Noah Hanifin - Rasmus Andersson

Jordan Oesterle - Chris Tanev

Ilya Solovyov - Dennis Gilbert

Brady Lyle

Jacob Markstrom and Oscar Dansk are a part of tonight's game group, with Markstrom expected to be the starter.

Looking forward to seeing how that 1st line does

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad