Training Camp/Preseason games Thread 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
When Kopitar and Danault aren't going anywhere, and Byfield is coming up, plus maybe Turcotte down the middle, and JAD, etc, if there's a trade involving Vilardi to truly improve the team, you do it. Or, if Vilardi is the stud we've all hoped he'd be since he was drafted, then trade one of the other high end young guys to round out the team.

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
When Kopitar and Danault aren't going anywhere, and Byfield is coming up, plus maybe Turcotte down the middle, and JAD, etc, if there's a trade involving Vilardi to truly improve the team, you do it. Or, if Vilardi is the stud we've all hoped he'd be since he was drafted, then trade one of the other high end young guys to round out the team.

Unless he really grows dramatically, I think Turcotte ends up on the wing anyway. I think Vilardi might as well, he certainly has the skillset for it. I also think if there is a trade right now, Turcotte goes and not Vilardi. Make no mistake, lots of good players are going to be heading out before long. The assets are there to pick up a prime defense once Edler rides into the sunset, even grabbing a second solid guy would be a possibility.

After things settle in this year, I'd love to see a Vilardi-Byfield-Kaliyev line tried. Arty would be wide open all the time from trying to handle the other two.

Reactions: Schrute farms

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Vilardi looks like a man out there in preseason and is poised to live up to his billing. To consider him on pace for a reasonable projection, you want to see 18 minutes a night, 82 games and a 20g, 20a, positive +/- stat line. The biggest blocker is getting that ice time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad