Training Camp and Preseason Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
First Period Summary from Jon Rosen (LA KINGS INSIDER)

RST PERIOD
0:00 – And we’re underway…
0:25 – Early L.A. power play. Gabriel Landeskog is whistled for hooking.
1:15 – Dustin Brown takes the ice for his first shift of the preseason.
2:30 – Good pressure by L.A. after the power play ended. Doughty found a seam deep in the Colorado zone along the left wing but had his short-side attempt denied by Giguere. Good touches by Frattin as well. He found Ellerby, who activated but shot wide on a quality opportunity.
3:59 – Matt Greene whistled for interference.
9:30 – Good pressure by the Kings grinders. Carcillo gets in on the forecheck and makes a hit behind the net to free the puck loose. He found Martinez open at the left point, and Giguere had to extend his left leg to kick aside the hard low shot. Fraser jumped on the rebound and forced Giguere to make another save.
11:25 – Colorado defenseman Andre Benoit, who scored against L.A. eight days ago, jumped in the rush and took a feed at the tops of the circles. Scrivens was forced to make a tough blocker save on Benoit’s B-plus scoring chance.
13:50 – Strong sequence of Ben Scrivens saves. We’ll see you on the plane to Minnesota next week, Ben.
16:35 – Another big Jordan Nolan hit draws a penalty on the opposition. Six minutes of penalties, to be exact. Two on Bordeleau; four on McLeod. Big hits in every game this preseason by Nolan. And it leads to…
16:38 – LOS ANGELES GOAL. Mike Richards PPG (Anze Kopitar). Kopitar won the draw back to Richards at the point. He blasts a slap shot past Giguere three seconds into the 5-on-3. It was announced as a Doughty goal, but…no. Richards all the way.
19:30 – More key Scrivens saves from in close.
20:00 – Period over.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Pretty damn impressive first period for Scrivens. He seems to like to play the puck quite a bit but he has good reflexes so far from what I've seen. Hope he goes the distance.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
This community as a whole is so ****ing fickle. So many turned on Nolan after last year. So glad to see he's back to being exactly what I know he can be - the PERFECT 4th liner.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Has Toffoli played at all in preseason? I haven't heard a thing about him.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Has Toffoli played at all in preseason? I haven't heard a thing about him.

Yes but it hasn't been good. Won't be a shock to see him in the AHL to start the year at the very least.

EDIT: It isn't to say that Toff has been bad, but he hasn't impressed.

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
Pretty damn impressive first period for Scrivens. He seems to like to play the puck quite a bit but he has good reflexes so far from what I've seen. Hope he goes the distance.
Thought scrivens looked great so far. I really hope they keep him over garon. Garon is what he is: a .900 sv% goalie. Scrivens proved he could be better than that as a backup last year with Toronto.

scryan

May 1, 2013
Jon Rosen ‏@lakingsinsider 1m
Richards scores three seconds into the 5-on-3 PP. Second consecutive game that one Nolan hit drew multiple penalties on the opposition.

Reason for Nolan to stay...and by what he's done (and was very good last night) he's clearly worked very hard at becoming even more of a physical threat. Perfect fit fothe 4th line.
I love that hit last night...it rocked my tv to move two channels.

Sounds like Scrivens had a good period.

Honestly, I REALLY liked what I saw with the second attempt at fighting Nolan last night , where the ranger was shaking him about trying to get him to fight. Nolan knew he was clean in the situation and stood calmly while the guy tried to rile him up, and smiled while he drew a double minor instead.

He has been hitting HARD and seems to be playing smart.
Should be a good season.

Oh man.... Lag getting back from commercial and Richards gets a goal before they even start announcing the second.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Richards scores again on the PP. Scores 14 seconds into the period. Frattin and Stoll with the assists.

scryan

May 1, 2013
Wow, Richards is absolutely on fire on the powerplay.

Man, you got that one off so fast I swear you must have had it pre-typed... :D

Maybe that sentence is worth queuing up whenever the kings get the man advantage.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Scrivens has been phenomenal, though he's a bit of an adventurous goalie who likes to come out of his crease. He's good at deflecting shots to the corners too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad