Speculation: Training Camp 2022

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I actually miss the HF politics sub forum - there were jerks for sure but I found you could actually talk about stuff
Yeah you could to some degree but it had its bent and since it was probably a liability to some extent when it comes to any sort of financial decisions for the boards, it was probably always on the chopping block.

Reactions: Saskatoon

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
If we are going peaks, i would go thornton, timo and nolan
Looking solely at peaks, you have to go Nolan-Thornton-Cheechoo or maybe Pavelski-Thornton-Cheechoo.
Looking at "prime"...Thornton, Pavelski, and Marleau seem like the no-brainer choice. I could maybe see an argument for Hertl or Couture...

If we look at "all-time"...again, it has to be Thornton, Pavelski, and Marleau, and there's no argument for anyone else.

Reactions: Gecklund

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
People f***ing hate Americans around the world. And some countries you don't go as an American. Personally I wish more countries would block American visas for our bullshit.
Where like North Korea? Iran? ........... it's usually countries we are actually at war with or proxy war with. Which are usually good to avoid whenever your country is at war or always on the verge of. That still leaves like 95% of the countries around the world where Americans can travel to with little to no problem. And most of the places there are issues, there's issues for many foreigners, like the PRC, Iran, both which I would love to visit if those governments ever changed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Looking solely at peaks, you have to go Nolan-Thornton-Cheechoo or maybe Pavelski-Thornton-Cheechoo.
Looking at "prime"...Thornton, Pavelski, and Marleau seem like the no-brainer choice. I could maybe see an argument for Hertl or Couture...

If we look at "all-time"...again, it has to be Thornton, Pavelski, and Marleau, and there's no argument for anyone else.
We have seen the combos of thornton/pavs/marleau/cheechoo.

Prime thornton passing to meier and nolan wrecking havoc on the ice opening up space for those 2 plus also not being a bad goal scorer himself would be fun to watch.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
So I'm going to speculate for a minute.

Let's say that this is the distribution of goals:

Meier 40, Hertl 35, Couture 25, Labanc 15, Karlsson 14, Kunin 14, Bonino 14, Lindblom 13, Barabanov 12. That's 182 goals. The team had 214 goals last season, which was 3rd last. Let's say 250 goals is the benchmark for making the playoffs (Kings had 239 and Stars 238 last year but had good GA). Where are the other 70 or so goals coming from if they want to be a playoff team? The other 4 forwards and 5 D have to make up that difference. If Eklund plays a lot he won't score that much you would think. The rest of the D individually won't sniff 10 goals. Sturm, Lorentz, Gadjovich, and Nieto will have under 10 probably. Maybe Gregor really increases his shooting percentage and scores a dozen but probably not.

I highly doubt this team will be good defensively, so being a lower scoring team that wins low-scoring games is surely not going to happen much unless Kahkonen and Reimer steal games.

Just some thoughts for those who think this might be a playoff team. They might, but a hell of a lot would need to go their way.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
09-10 Marleau-05-06 Thornton-99-00 Nolan would be pretty sweet.

Marleau-Thornton-Nolan
Meier-Hertl-Pavelski
Couture-Sturm-Cheechoo
Friesen-Ricci-Michalek

I'd say that team could beat at least a few AHL teams....

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
Tell me youre in sales without telling me you're in sales
Hi one2gamble,

Hope your week is off to a great start. I’m reaching out because I heard from your development manager that you’re looking for an enterprise solution to drive your digital transformation.

I’d love to learn more about one2gamble.com and how our suite of development tools and client services can help you get things moving in the right direction. Are you available for a quick, 10-minute call at 2pm tomorrow?

Thanks!

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
His face kinda looks like young Ovechkin dont you think?

cut.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad