Speculation: Training Camp 2022

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
Somebody on Twitter pointed out there's no Ibragimov. I don't think he has an NHL future anyway, but it's worth noting - he may have gone back to Europe.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
A handsome blogger just made a post about this.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
A handsome blogger just made a post about this.

Nice stuff. All these depth guys make it crystal clear that Grier doesn't want most of the young guys (bar Ek/Bord) in the NHL when there are injuries - Viel, Gadjovich, Svechnikov, Reedy, Veronneau, Weatherby........

Kcoyote3

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
Nice stuff. All these depth guys make it crystal clear that Grier doesn't want most of the young guys (bar Ek/Bord) in the NHL when there are injuries - Viel, Gadjovich, Svechnikov, Reedy, Veronneau, Weatherby........
I don’t see Bords making it right away but for sure the Coe/Robins/Gush/Wiesblatt contingency may not see NHL time

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
I don’t see Bords making it right away but for sure the Coe/Robins/Gush/Wiesblatt contingency may not see NHL time
That contingent may not even see much AHL time. Eklund, Bordeleau, Reedy, Weatherby, Agozzino, Suess, Veronneau, Viel, Raska and Johnson should all be ahead of them on the Cuda depth chart.

Kcoyote3

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
That contingent may not even see much AHL time. Eklund, Bordeleau, Reedy, Weatherby, Agozzino, Suess, Veronneau, Viel, Raska and Johnson should all be ahead of them on the Cuda depth chart.
don’t expect Johnson or Suess to be keeping them out of the lineup. I had them down as 3/4th line guys for the Cuda but it’ll be all jumbled all season other than Bords/Jasper/Robins being the centers

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
don’t expect Johnson or Suess to be keeping them out of the lineup. I had them down as 3/4th line guys for the Cuda but it’ll be all jumbled all season other than Bords/Jasper/Robins being the centers
Suess is on a two way deal and played NHL games last season. They’re not gonna bury him on the 4th line or in the press box. The 2020 picks are going to have a hard time getting minutes.

Kcoyote3

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
Suess is on a two way deal and played NHL games last season. They’re not gonna bury him on the 4th line or in the press box. The 2020 picks are going to have a hard time getting minutes.
It’s possible but I think they’re better than most others they’re competing against. Plus that assumes no injury and no other moves and no players get claimed. There are 4 extras if that’s the case. Hamaliuk is likely ECHL bound. Johnson possibly.

So 2 extras every night. Again assuming no moves, no injuries and no claims off waivers. I think they’ll have regular lineup spots.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
It’s possible but I think they’re better than most others they’re competing against. Plus that assumes no injury and no other moves and no players get claimed. There are 4 extras if that’s the case. Hamaliuk is likely ECHL bound. Johnson possibly.

So 2 extras every night. Again assuming no moves, no injuries and no claims off waivers. I think they’ll have regular lineup spots.

Hamaliuk looked motivated during the rookie tournament in a way I haven't seen him before. I don't know that it'll translate over to the AHL season, but I liked what I saw.

This isn't going to be like last season- there are going to be scratches that people aren't going to be happy about. In particular I think someone like Gushchin is going to need to produce points if he's going to get regular ice time.

Kcoyote3

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
Hamaliuk looked motivated during the rookie tournament in a way I haven't seen him before. I don't know that it'll translate over to the AHL season, but I liked what I saw.

This isn't going to be like last season- there are going to be scratches that people aren't going to be happy about. In particular I think someone like Gushchin is going to need to produce points if he's going to get regular ice time.
If Hamaliuk sees ice before Gushchin I think that’s a mistake. Hamaliuk has no pro qualities other than standing in front of the net sometimes and being tall.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
If Hamaliuk sees ice before Gushchin I think that’s a mistake. Hamaliuk has no pro qualities other than standing in front of the net sometimes and being tall.

I've not been impressed by Hamaliuk in his AHL time so far. Never said it'd be him specifically going in over Gushchin. Gushchin would be losing out to guys like Veronneau and Svechnikov if he's not contributing.

But with the way the new regime seems to want to play, it was worth noticing that Hamaliuk was throwing the body whenever he was playing over the past weekend. If they want physicality on the fourth line, that's the sort of thing that might get him on the ice.

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
Agreed, Hamaliuk blows. At least Gushchin has upside despite being a long shot to become a legit NHLer.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Agreed, Hamaliuk blows. At least Gushchin has upside despite being a long shot to become a legit NHLer.
Aside from his performance last year in rookie camp, I haven't been impressed with Gush's motor. Everytime I watched him in person when he came to Henderson he looked like he was just floating out there.

Reactions: DG93

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013

Looking at these groups, preliminary lines and D-Pairs stand out as:
Meier-Hertl-Barabanov
Lindblom-Couture-Labanc
Gregor-Sturm/Bonino-Kunin
Nieto-Sturm/Bonino-Lorentz

Nutivaara-Karlsson
Ferraro-Vlasic
Megna/Simek-Benning

I really like the Nutivaara-Karlsson pairing potential with two puck movers. That was who I was hoping that they'd pair with Karlsson when the roster got mostly finalized. Hate seeing Vlasic on the 2nd pairing though. Forward lines look about right as I figured Lindblom and Labanc would be together on either the 2nd or 3rd line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad