GDT: Training Camp 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021
It is Hilarious how overrated the Flames are going into this season. KAdri out of Colorado and Huberdeau without the depth the Panthers had will not come close to the years they had last year. They simply cannot contain the oilers and nothing has changed. The same experts who said they would sweep us are at it again this year,

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Opening roster is due in 3.5 hrs.

I expect they place Benson on LTIR, “send” Shore to Bakersfield, sign & waive Demers, and waive Hamblin.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Nice to have some depth in Bako as well with Benson (when healthy and assuming he isn’t claimed when waived) Janmark and Malone.

Biltmore

Next Year...
Oct 22, 2015
As BBO mentioned, Huberdeau didn't really play much with Barkov the last couple of seasons at ES. Last season the vast majority of his time was with Bennett as his C and the season before that was Wennberg. Don't get me wrong, I'd love it for Huberdeau to crash and burn in Calgary. But I can't help but think it might be wishful thinking.

I'd be content to see Kadri's production crash though.

There really is something special about Gaudreau's last moment as a Flame turning away from the check on Draisaitl in a do or die overtime only to see Drai complete the pass for the OT winner.
Lollygagging around at the blue line - sad!

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Lollygagging around at the blue line - sad!
Fact of the matter though is Gaudreau would be no more than a fly against even injured Draisaitl on that play. The best Gaudreau could hope for is being in a pass lane. He wasn't winning that puck anyway.

lol Hanifin for the Win. Thanks Hanifin. Hope you had a good summer. haha

I reserve the need for maturity in these moments. But imagine making that play or being involved. Gaudreau and Tkachuk be like "I don't want to play in this sandbox anymore" Hanifin don't know any better. memo. The sandbox is a cat box...

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Hamblin is on season opening injury reserve (according to capfriendly)... makes sense that he has a slight injury which is why he was kept hanging around... he can't fit on the opening roster as his cap is too high.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Does Hamblin need waivers? Or can he be sent straight down?

I guess the Oilers aren’t signing Demers then? Since he wasn’t placed on waivers today.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011

I guess the Oilers aren’t signing Demers then? Since he wasn’t placed on waivers today.

I wonder if they sign him and don’t waive him and Nemo stays down (for now)?

Reactions: Spawn

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton

Hamblin doesn’t require waivers.

I wonder if Demers signing is pending Broberg being sent down and they will run him as the #7.

Reactions: AddyTheWrath

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Hamblin is on season opening injury reserve (according to capfriendly)... makes sense that he has a slight injury which is why he was kept hanging around... he can't fit on the opening roster as his cap is too high.
Not according to puckpedia, heres what he expects

Last edited:

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Day one (21-man) roster:

Kane - McDavid - Yamamoto
Holloway - Draisaitl - Hyman
RNH - McLeod - Puljujarvi
Foegele - Malone - Ryan

Nurse - Ceci
Kulak - Barrie
Murray - Bouchard
Broberg

Campbell
Skinner

$165 in cap space

Expectation is that tomorrow Malone will be sent down and Shore called up, while Broberg will be switched with Niemelainen.

The Oilers will run with 20-21 players on the active roster until someone with a sizeable cap hit gets injured long enough for LTIR, or a trade is made to free up cap.

Harry Curry

Oct 10, 2022
He's healthy why would he be on Injured Reserve? Cap friendly has it wrong
Cap Friendly has updated Hamblin's status.

The only thing to be resolved looking at Cap Friendly is how Benson will be dealt with. Once Benson is off the active roster the Oilers will be cap compliant to start the season.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
I know people here were relieved that Virtanen was released, but I think he was a bit better overall than Demers so it was good that he was also released (player evaluation purposes).

Looks like Nemo will be up on the 7D spot for sure, then.
Would’ve been nice to have a veteran RD, but with Broberg havin the ability to play both sides, they probably saw him as the first recall anyway and didn’t want to crowd Barkersfield.

Either way he likely wouldn’t have been starting games so nothing ventured nothing gained.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad