GDT: Training Camp 2018-19, Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
First! WOOOOO!

@Kellyr I too would like to see Bogdan. settled in and see a game where he's not looking like the new guy. It does look like he's a good acquisition otherwise. Doesn't look like he's gonna get burned often

Last edited:
Reactions: BabyBarkov

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
So we are icing two 4th lines tonight it seems. Hopefully they are judged fairly, with some of the vets here on one way deals.
Well it seems that's all that's up in the air up front.

How cool is that 3rd line, and Borgstrom AND Malgin both are in on it. They were the two young guns of all of them I wanted on opening night but just kinda assumed it would be a continuation of last years third with Brouwer and Malgin and Borg as rotation wingers.

Lots of teams out the with a solid full lineup.

I still wonder what's gonna come between the F's and G's.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
So we are icing two 4th lines tonight it seems. Hopefully they are judged fairly, with some of the vets here on one way deals.

Don't know pb...

It seems from the practice group that the lines will be:

Huberdeau - Trocheck - Hoffman
Borgstrom - McCann - Brouwer
Vatrano - Malgin - Hunt
Haley - Lammikko - Mamin

So I would say two third-lines fighting for spots, and a couple of youngsters on the fourth battling for a surprise too... Haley is basically our 13th or 14th forward now, it's pretty clear.

Hope Brouwer can bring something on that third. I'm hoping he can make it and bring his style to the team, but he has been pretty terrible in Calgary, not holding my breath on that one...

Malgin needs to have a great game, showing he deserves to stay by his versatility, creativity and speed... Vatrano also needs a big game to keep the Mamins and the Lammikkos away from his spot.

We basically have the 9th forward spot up to grab with Borgstrom and McCann "cementing" their role as third-liners. Malgin had the inside track, Vatrano and Brouwer look like they could get a chance too...

That basically leaves only one open spot (or two if you count Malgin out because he loses his spot and go to Springfield without passing through waivers) for the likes of Mamin, Lammikko, Greco, Hunt, etc... Because we all know McKenzie and Haley will be atleast our 13th and 14th forwards !

I would dig a lineup looking like that:

Dadonov - Barkov - Bjugstad
Vatrano - Malgin - Mamin
(Extras: McKenzie, Haley)

Looks pretty deep !

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Don't know pb...

It seems from the practice group that the lines will be:

Vatrano - Malgin - Hunt
Haley - Lammikko - Mamin

So I would say two third-lines fighting for spots, and a couple of youngsters on the fourth battling for a surprise too... Haley is basically our 13th or 14th forward now, it's pretty clear.

Hope Brouwer can bring something on that third. I'm hoping he can make it and bring his style to the team, but he has been pretty terrible in Calgary, not holding my breath on that one...

Malgin needs to have a great game, showing he deserves to stay by his versatility, creativity and speed... Vatrano also needs a big game to keep the Mamins and the Lammikkos away from his spot.

We basically have the 9th forward spot up to grab with Borgstrom and McCann "cementing" their role as third-liners. Malgin had the inside track, Vatrano and Brouwer look like they could get a chance too...

That basically leaves only one open spot (or two if you count Malgin out because he loses his spot and go to Springfield without passing through waivers) for the likes of Mamin, Lammikko, Greco, Hunt, etc... Because we all know McKenzie and Haley will be atleast our 13th and 14th forwards !

I would dig a lineup looking like that:

Dadonov - Barkov - Bjugstad
Vatrano - Malgin - Mamin
(Extras: McKenzie, Haley)

Looks pretty deep !
Sceviour?

Reactions: BabyBarkov

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
First! WOOOOO!

@Kellyr I too would like to see Bogdan. settled in and see a game where he's not looking like the new guy. It does look like he's a good acquisition otherwise. Doesn't look like he's gonna get burned often

You can see the upside with him.

I think it's the same problem with him and to less extent Hoffman, they're still learning the system and have to think too much what to do and where to be on the ice. Remember how long it took last year for the guys to get going under Boughner's system? It's the same thing going on with these two new guys at the moment.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
It's certainly early, but I havent liked how Huberdeau Trocheck and Hoffman has looked.

I think it's a case of not enough puck from what I've seen.

I've mentioned it before, but I wouldnt be against having a 2nd and 3rd lines of (factoring Borgy as a winger here):

Borgstrom Trocheck Malgin/Vatrano
Huberdeau McCann Hoffman

Trocheck thrives on being the feature guy, I say let him do it.

Reactions: Ciccarelli22eh

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
It's certainly early, but I havent liked how Huberdeau Trocheck and Hoffman has looked.

I think it's a case of not enough puck from what I've seen.

I've mentioned it before, but I wouldnt be against having a 2nd and 3rd lines of (factoring Borgy as a winger here):

Borgstrom Trocheck Malgin/Vatrano
Huberdeau McCann Hoffman

Trocheck thrives on being the feature guy, I say let him do it.

With that in mind, I would have it like that myself:

Dadonov - Barkov - Hoffman
Borgstrom - Trocheck - Malgin
Huberdeau - McCann - Bjugstad

Dadonov and Barkov are money... I liked the chemistry between Tro and Denis last year, very very much... And I think historically, Bjugstad has fared so well with Huby and vice-versa...

Would love to see those three lines since the beginning, and it will probably be my lineup on NHL19... Or maybe I'll trade for Panarin, don't know yet mouhahaha :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Kellyr
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad