Proposal: Trading up in the draft?

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Depends really what team we're looking to trade with. May take Noesen or Ceci along with the 17th and possibly our 3rd to move up, or even a Cowen or Silfverberg/Zibby.

It's an incredible draft. Teams with the top spots arent going to move them without getting something amazing in return IMO.

Then again, I could be completely wrong.

Part of the fun!!!

WasTeD:

What could Ottawa get for their 17th pick + JOB, Da Costa, and Conacher, & if I add Puempel.

To be honest I want to hold on to all my prospects and picks, but not the way it works. The prospect I trade would go on to become I star player, I just know it..................

Would that be enough for the Sens to move up far enough to get a (super) kid that would be able to make the jump from juniors to the NHL & be effective in putting the puck in the net?????

That way Sens could move JOB, & Da Cosota to new teams where they could have a future with as I do not think either have much of a future with Ottawa............

Comments welcome........

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I'd be more likely to trade down. In general, I'm pretty keen on turning picks into solid proven players, simply because the league overvalues them (picks) so much.

Last edited:

R2010

May 23, 2011
Not sure if any of the other teams would do this but
Puempel + 17th + Da Costa/JOB
for one of the 3rd/4th/5th overall?

They wouldn't do it... but more to the point our team needs more goalscoring so you're suggesting tradding away our top goalscoring prospect?

If you watched the AHL playoffs you woulda seen that Puempel has the chance to be a good top six goalscorer. He's had poor luck with injuries but I think he's a good sleeper candidate to become a 30 goal guy. That release is lethal.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
They wouldn't do it... but more to the point our team needs more goalscoring so you're suggesting tradding away our top goalscoring prospect?

If you watched the AHL playoffs you woulda seen that Puempel has the chance to be a good top six goalscorer. He's had poor luck with injuries but I think he's a good sleeper candidate to become a 30 goal guy. That release is lethal.

Oh I know :laugh: I have been high on Puempel since we drafted him, the only way i would trade him is to move up to get a significant pick (top 6).

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Sweet! Only 5 more years to wait to be a contender.:shakehead

I was talking about Monahan asserting himself as a #1 centreman in about 5 years and taking over for Spezza who might not be around in 5 years.

My comment had nothing to do with being a contender or not.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
But you have to go for the cup eventually. You can't keep extending the rebuild indefinitely.

That's all Murray has done with this Team.

Trade an unproven pick for a bonafide NHL'er and stop the nonsense. We've been in the League for over 20 years now.

When we got in the League with Tampa Bay, they had the money to buy proven players and the Sens didn't. That was understandable, but not 20 years later and still doing it.

Tampa won a Cup and were still going in circles!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad