Blue Jays Discussion: Trades and Signings - Pitchers Market is Heating Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
just because law gives a reason, it doesn't mean that reason is true. law loves to make **** up. (his one about brett wallace's "wide hips" was my favorite).

noah had a promising but inconsistent slurve with the jays...and has a promising but inconsistent slurve with the mets.

there was no improvement in noah's performance with the mets - his Ks didn't go up, his walks didn't go down, and his HR went up...even before he got to vegas. nothing noah has done with the mets has been as dominant as what he did with the jays.

I'm not gonna pretend to be an expert on Synergaard, as I haven't watched many of his games. Most of us haven't. Law has, and also has quite a few contacts. That's why I'm inclined to believe him about the improvement with Noah, rather than the raw numbers (which have context to them, as I mentioned). I'm just not convinced that Law is this super-biased bitter ex-employee. Every criticism he's had of the Jays prospects has been very logical. He's a guy that's very vocal about his criticism for all prospects he doesn't like, not just the Jays.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
keith law still has a grudge against the jays, even if he doesn't realize it himself.

it was funny seeing him start drooling over Noah immediately after we traded him, when he had him projected as a reliever when he was in our org. it was ALWAYS sanchez over syndergaar when they were both jays...and then as soon as he was traded suddenly keith thought noah was better. and the best is he then started crediting the mets development system with doing great work with their pitchingbprospects mechanics while saying the jays couldn't develop their arms st all.....and then as soon as he said that then this past season we saw great leaps in performance from stroman, norris, and even a bit from sanchez - guys who law pretty much crapped on who then outperformed most every prospect he rated higher than them - while mets prospects all stagnated or took a step back, including noah.. has he gone on to credit the jays development system for these pitching prospects badly outperforming his expectations and most every prospect he rated higher than them? nope.

don't listen to law when it comes to the jays. he absolutely cannot be unbiased when it comes to the jays.

Syndergaard developed a breaking ball with the Mets which was the big difference and after that, pretty much everyone had Syndergaard over Sanchez.

Law doesn't hate the Jays or anything or has some bias against them. He is pretty snarky sometimes and can be a little over the top in his statements, such as Travis being a non-prospect. It's with a lot of prospects though, he just has strong opinions on them which is fine by me. Sometimes he'll be right and sometimes he won't be.

MOD EDIT: Hijacking the end of this post so I can make a note without bumping the thread up on a new post.

We're over 1k posts, continue here:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?p=94097703

Thanks,
Nem

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad