Blue Jays Discussion: Trades and Signings - Pitchers Market is Heating Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
I will be disgusted if AA gets promoted to Beeston's role. He should be a prime candidate to get turfed, not for a promotion.

Since we are being linked to some big time Baseball people for the Presidents role, I don't think AA is under consideration and could potentially be fired when the new president is named so they can bring in their own people.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
I will be disgusted if AA gets promoted to Beeston's role. He should be a prime candidate to get turfed, not for a promotion.

I wasn't saying that was going to happen but it did look like AA was being set up to become the President after Beeston but perhaps the last couple of seasons has changed that or they just want someone more experienced.

calcal798

Jun 2, 2010
London

I know it might be a bit premature. But after the Martin signing, Donaldson trade and Saunders trade it'd be pretty stupid to fire AA without seeing how this season progresses.

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
It's going to be duquette. According to rumours he's the top guy. He made the orioles pretty sucessful and I expect him to do the same with the jays.

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Please don't hire Kenny Williams.

Let's just remember that the President is not the same as the GM. The Pres is responsible for a lot of things outside of building the roster.

Williams has been a successful Exec, lots of tenure and let's not forget he has a WS to his name.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Let's just remember that the President is not the same as the GM. The Pres is responsible for a lot of things outside of building the roster.

Williams has been a successful Exec, lots of tenure and let's not forget he has a WS to his name.

I'm well aware of their responsibilities. I still don't want him as president. I know I have no basis to go off other than his gm track record, but I'm just not a fan.

Last edited:

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Count me as another person who doesn't want Kenny Williams. Getting Duquette would be awesome. Also, I hope AA doesn't get fired/replaced.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
@Ken_Rosenthal: Sources: Duquette wants to leave #Orioles, become #BlueJays’ prez/CEO. Some with club not opposed to his departure. Angelos standing in way.

@Ken_Rosenthal: #Orioles could require compensation from #BlueJays, just as #RedSox required compensation when Epstein left for #Cubs.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Whoa, Beester is gone??

No. Just speculation at this time. Although it does seem to carry some weight.

If I recall the O's have the same term restriction on free agents. Remember it coming up when they were linked to Ubaldo. Not sure if that was ownership or the gm's call though.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Duquette? Sign me up! Dude brought the O's back from the dark ages and turned them into a good team.

I can see why Angelos would be a tad pissed if he truly wants to leave.

Bluejaysfan*

Why do people want AA to leave??? He's a great drafter and while he hasn't been GM long enough to see all his prospects perform in the big leagues, he has drafted Sanchez, Hoffman, Syndergaard, Stroman, Norris, Bickford (probably a top 5 pick in next year's draft), Nicolino, etc...He rebuilt our farm to a top 3 system before the Marlins trade and has rebuilt it since then. He's made some great trades, some of which didn't work out in the end. The only deal of his that I hated was the Dickey trade just because I didn't think it was necessary to include Syndergaard in that deal. He's taken risks but then again, the core of this team offensively is mainly past their 30's and if he kept with the internal growth process, Bautista and Encarnacion probably would have been traded. IMO, AA is a great GM and a great drafter and it will be a mistake if the Jays fire him.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Why do people want AA to leave??? He's a great drafter and while he hasn't been GM long enough to see all his prospects perform in the big leagues, he has drafted Sanchez, Hoffman, Syndergaard, Stroman, Norris, Bickford (probably a top 5 pick in next year's draft), Nicolino, etc...He rebuilt our farm to a top 3 system before the Marlins trade and has rebuilt it since then. He's made some great trades, some of which didn't work out in the end. The only deal of his that I hated was the Dickey trade just because I didn't think it was necessary to include Syndergaard in that deal. He's taken risks but then again, the core of this team offensively is mainly past their 30's and if he kept with the internal growth process, Bautista and Encarnacion probably would have been traded. IMO, AA is a great GM and a great drafter and it will be a mistake if the Jays fire him.

We are talking about getting a new President, not a new GM.

Silver91

Agent 0091
May 27, 2007
Unknown
Count me as another person who doesn't want Kenny Williams. Getting Duquette would be awesome. Also, I hope AA doesn't get fired/replaced.

I don't see how AA would be in any danger of losing his job at this point. Even if a new exec comes in, right now he's having the type of off-season that a lot of people are praising and buys guys time. I mean, if they replaced Beest before the moves started happening I could see it as possible, but now he's put himself in position to completely revamp the roster, and has a lot of flexibility in which way he can go.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
@JimBowden_ESPN: Coming up on our show guests will include: Dan Duquette, Jack Zduriencik, Reid Ryan, Mark Rodgers, Bob Nightengale from the WTR MTGS XM 89

I'll be listening. Doubt Duquette will say much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad