Trades and Proposals 2016 TDD Kick-off V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurisu

mad scientist
Aug 13, 2012
In A Lonely Corner
I gotta say something around Kadri and Shattenkirk really has my attention .. Depending on what else is involved.

I know it goes against the idea of building through the draft but at the same time the defensive core could use a stabilizing presence with Rielly and Gardiner, and Shattenkirk would be a great fit. Edmonton has suffered with a poor defensive core, and the Leafs don't have a blue chip defending waiting in the wings. Sure there are intriguing prospects but defenseman are fickle and tough to predict - plus they can take awhile to develop.

A Kadri-Shattenkirk swap would still leave Bozak as an insulator in the top 9 centre group for next year too. Plus if the Leafs do a trade around Bernier and Backlund, that gives the Leafs more insulation in the centre group.

Interesting things to consider.

I'd imagine other teams could offer more for Shatterkirk. We need more of a two way defencemen ( a seabrook mold guy) in my opinion than another puck mover.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
Thought I'd post the response I got from Friedman here, since it was something I'd been curious about all season:

https://www.reddit.com/r/hockey/comments/472b1n/hello_its_elliotte_friedman_of_sportsnet_ama_on/d09s3jv?context=3

me:

What kind of dynamic do you think Lou and Dubas each have in these recent trades? Would you say more like Dubas taking the reins and asking Lou questions along the way? An equal, open collaboration? Or Lou running the controls, with Dubas being able to take notes

Friedman

Lamoriello is the boss. But I think Dubas is willing to learn a ton from him.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Draft day shenanigans:
Lottery sim;
Van 1st, Tor 2nd, Cal 3rd.

Pens make playoffs = 18th overall

18 + 2nd(ott)
for

31st + 2nd(sj)
for
22nd + 5th

2nd(tor) + 4th(ana)
for
35th

2nd overall = Patrik Laine
11th overall = Mikhail Sergachev / Olli Joulevi
22nd overall = Logan Brown / German Rubstov
35th overall = Carter Hart

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
Draft day shenanigans:
Lottery sim;
Van 1st, Tor 2nd, Cal 3rd.

Pens make playoffs = 18th overall

18 + 2nd(ott)
for

31st + 2nd(sj)
for
22nd + 5th

2nd(tor) + 4th(ana)
for
35th

2nd overall = Patrik Laine
11th overall = Mikhail Sergachev / Olli Joulevi
22nd overall = Logan Brown / German Rubstov
35th overall = Carter Hart

I don't know if I see Joulevi slipping that far

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
Sounds about right for us.Winnipeg should be able to sign Kadri for $5M. Leafs then sign Staal?

Kadri would need a big plus to get Trouba.
I dont mind signing a Staal type on a short contract, preferably mostly incentive based, and play him as a second/third line guy. He cant handle top line minutes anymore, and has visibly lost a step.

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
Well there goes my theory of Granlund being part of the Calgary/Toronto deal. :laugh:

Just traded to Vancouver.

Kurisu

mad scientist
Aug 13, 2012
In A Lonely Corner
Well there goes my theory of Granlund being part of the Calgary/Toronto deal. :laugh:

Just traded to Vancouver.

giphy.gif

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Jim Benning is just horrid.

I understand the ownership may be pressuring him for playoffs, but jesus.

Trade one of your best prospects for this?

Cb2cznXWIAEWFT5.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad